TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Value of your Worldmark points.

Discussion in 'Worldmark The Club' started by talkamotta, Feb 3, 2019.

1. talkamotta

talkamotta TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Is there a difference in what you pay for maintenance fees per worldmark point? I know that more points would mean higher mfs. With Wyndham I found that different resorts charge different maintenance fees. How does it work with Worldmark? or is there no difference.....a point costs the same across the board?

2. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

Worldmark does not operate under a “home resort” concept. You do not own real property deeded at a resort like most timeshares, including Wyndham

Rather you are a member of a club that owns the properties. And your membership entitled you to the use of those properties

So maintenance fees are assessed according to the same formula for all members

As a side note. While of course the more “use” you own, the more you pay; the more you own the less you pay per credit. That’s because every account is assessed a certain base fee. No matter the size and then every credit is assessed the same maintenance fee

ecwinch likes this.
  3. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    Since WM credits are the same across all owners, the fees you pay are based on how much you own. I thought higher credit accounts were discounted, compared to lower accounts? Am I mistaken? My 12K account cost for 2019 is about 8 cents per credit. Is that what everyone is paying?

Dave

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

I
    Its not really a discount

Every owner pays the same per credit charge and the same per account charge

It seems like a discount because of that account charge, it’s the same for a 6000 credit account and a 100,000 credit account

DaveNW likes this.
  5. DaveNW

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    I edited my post to make more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Dave

6. breezez

breezez TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark 39K
    Wyndham 406K
    RCI Points 196K
    Hyatt Pinon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    As your annual allotment credit amount goes higher MF per credit goes down slightly. Really small accounts get dinged the highest MF per credit. It’s also wise to make sure your account size is close to the end of that MF credit bracket. I originally had a 21K account but that had me just a few credits to the next bracket. I later added 6K to that account to drop my fees on the 6K account and put my new 27K account at almost the end of that credit bracket to get the most efficient MF.

Below is MF chart for 2019: You can see 2018 cost and 2019 cost. I only posted amounts up to 135K size accounts.

B96BE7B1-0A6C-4F49-B064-AA145FA66A73.jpeg
    Also if anyone is interested I do have a 12K WM account for sell on WMOwners under same user I’d as tug. Trying to par down my WM and Wyndham holdings to offset my added MF for two Hyatt’s I recently purchased.

7. CanadaGuyEh

CanadaGuyEh Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
    What is the column to the left - is that more charges on unused points or ? and you are selling some points?

8. breezez

breezez TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark 39K
    Wyndham 406K
    RCI Points 196K
    Hyatt Pinon Pointe
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation
    If your asking about Monthly impact fee. I have no idea what that is - they have never billed me for it on any accounts.

9. DaveNW

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    I think the Monthly Impact fee is the difference between Last Year MF and This Year MF, divided by 12. Ergo, the "monthly impact" of the new MF.

Dave

rhonda and ecwinch like this.
  10. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    This is correct.

DaveNW likes this.
  11. NotNew

NotNew Guest

I found the credit charts to be more helpful when planning and trying to navigate the points. Not sure where else this is available, but this is the one I always use:

https://www.sellingtimeshares.net/resorts/worldmark-by-wyndham/point-charts/

This also shows you the relative value of points related to locations you might want to stay.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  12. rhonda

rhonda TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades, WinPointVIP
    I see no value reading point charts from a 3rd party, which must be updated annually for changes, versus the official resort page for each property directly from the Worldmark website?? Link: http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts

DaveNW likes this.
  13. NotNew

NotNew Guest

Its just all in one place rather than having to bounce around. Personal preference.

This was simply for quick comparison shop. You dont have to select n scroll, scroll, scroll.