• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Valdoro Questions

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Can you reserve a home ski week other than your fixed week? Example: if we had week 1 and wanted week 11, can I do that at 12 months prior or do I need to wait until the 9 month mark?
Owning there does not get you any priority over other HGVC members when you want a different week.
If you owned a fixed week and wanted to reserve a different week, you would have to release your fixed week to get the points, and then book at 9 months out, competing with every other HGVC member who wants to reserve in Club Season.

However, there are some "winter float" contracts at Valdoro, and they allow you to book any winter week at 12 months out. You may look into that if you don't want to go during the same week every year.

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Owning there does not get you any priority over other HGVC members when you want a different week.
If you owned a fixed week and wanted to reserve a different week, you would have to release your fixed week to get the points, and then book at 9 months out, competing with every other HGVC member who wants to reserve in Club Season.

However, there are some "winter float" contracts at Valdoro, and they allow you to book any winter week at 12 months out. You may look into that if you don't want to go during the same week every year.

Kurt

Thanks. That's what I thought.

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
That is what I would think too.

It is 12-months before the check-in date for Home Week reservations. This is true for the summer and winter ski weeks too. So looking at the calendar for Valdoro, winter ski weeks are 1-15 & 47-52. (I don't see event weeks for Valdoro) Summer platinum weeks are 26-36.

So, if you wanted to book 2019 week 1 ski week (Jan 5-12), you would be able to make that reservation at midnight EST on Jan 5, 2018.

I hope that helps.

Just to confirm my understanding of this. If you have a Valdoro float week, you can book 12 months in advance at Valdoro for that float week's season? Is that right? Thank you.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Just to confirm my understanding of this. If you have a Valdoro float week, you can book 12 months in advance at Valdoro for that float week's season? Is that right?

Yes, you are correct. Of course, I am assuming you are referring to ski season because that would be the only reason which I would purchase at Valdoro. Summer season is very nice but you can book that when club booking window opens.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just to confirm my understanding of this. If you have a Valdoro float week, you can book 12 months in advance at Valdoro for that float week's season? Is that right? Thank you.
Just to expand on GT75's response -- Valdoro is the only HGVC property (that I know of) that has two separate Platinum Float seasons: Summer and Ski Season. If you own a Platinum summer float week, you can only book your Home Week in the Summer Platinum season (at 12 months out) -- you cannot book a Platinum Ski Season week at 12 months out with your summer float week. And vice versa if you owned a Ski Season float week.

Hope that makes sense.

Kurt

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
It does make sense. Thank you both for the info. I own a fixed week at Valdoro and was hoping to add so that we can host more of us during the same week, so this is helpful.

Somewhat related question -- do float week reservations work this way at Sunrise in Utah as well and across all of HGVC? I agree @GT75 that ski season is the only reason. Although, everywhere we go, everyone raves about the summers in the mountains too :)

Thank you,
Harold

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
do float week reservations work this way at Sunrise in Utah as well and across all of HGVC?

Yes to both. You can book 12 months in advance in whatever season and unit (eg, 3 bd) which you own. It is also for 1 week starting on whatever day as stated in the deed (usually this is Saturday but does depend on the resort)