• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village at Bonaventure -- Just Exchanged Into

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi Everyone,

I just made an exchange for Winter 2018 into Vacation Village at Bonaventure, as we are flying into FT. Lauderdale. I just want to get some sun and get away from the Midwest winter, is this place nice? I used my QH to exchange into this resort and some of the reviews on Travelocity don’t sound great but the reviews on TUG seem to be pretty good. Just looking for a base of operations as I will be visiting relatives and friends in the area…

Should I buy the ePlus and hope I might get a better lodging for this time frame, I have had this search set up for about 6 months and I have been looking on line to see what is available and not too much is there for the week I’m going next year….thanks for any info or opinions…

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We haven't been there for quite a few years, and stayed more recently at VV@ Weston. Bonaventure was nice, nothing spectacular, it seemed quieter than Weston. Weston is a newer complex and has (IMHO) nicer pools. At Bonaventure we were on the top floor facing the golf course & subdivision beyond that. It really didn't feel like a resort at all, more like we were staying in a rental condo.

Both places are a bit of a drive to the beach and all 3 times we've been in the area we found the traffic to be horrendous. We didn't find anything (restaurants, bars, shopping) that we could walk to from Bonaventure, but that may have changed by now.

We are heading to VV@ Mizner (Mizner Place) next month for 2 weeks.:banana: Our first stay there.

~Diane

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We haven't been there for quite a few years, and stayed more recently at VV@ Weston. Bonaventure was nice, nothing spectacular, it seemed quieter than Weston. Weston is a newer complex and has (IMHO) nicer pools. At Bonaventure we were on the top floor facing the golf course & subdivision beyond that. It really didn't feel like a resort at all, more like we were staying in a rental condo.

Both places are a bit of a drive to the beach and all 3 times we've been in the area we found the traffic to be horrendous. We didn't find anything (restaurants, bars, shopping) that we could walk to from Bonaventure, but that may have changed by now.

We are heading to VV@ Mizner (Mizner Place) next month for 2 weeks.:banana: Our first stay there.

~Diane

Thanks for the info...I just want a clean place to stay, so maybe I will take the eplus and see what pops

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have stayed at VV @ Weston several times since our son moved to the area. Both Bonventure and VV are across from each other. There is plenty to do onsite. We have stayed at Mizner Place too which is a few miles away. Very big complex but the units are nice.We have stayed in the studio, one bedroom and two bedroom lock offs. We liked the 2 bedroom because our son was able to stay with us in his own unit. We will probably go there again. If you are using it for a base to visit family, it is a good location.
Silentg

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have stayed at VV @ Weston several times since our son moved to the area. Both Bonventure and VV are across from each other. There is plenty to do onsite. We have stayed at Mizner Place too which is a few miles away. Very big complex but the units are nice.We have stayed in the studio, one bedroom and two bedroom lock offs. We liked the 2 bedroom because our son was able to stay with us in his own unit. We will probably go there again. If you are using it for a base to visit family, it is a good location.
Silentg

Thank you so much for that review. I'm going to save my money and not get the plus. Thanks so much for the help

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
What size unit did you get?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a week there, but only stayed a few days. We did a resort sponsored day trip around Miami and it was great. The pools were quite large and quite busy. I did water aerobics and the leader was like a drill sergeant. It was fun. You are mixed in a large subdivision, you can make an easy trip toneverglades or Fort Lauderdale. Traffic is heavy. We had the nicer one bedroom and it was nice. Many people go there for eight weeks, which is the limit.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been there several times and enjoyed each visit. Units were very clean and spacious and the pools were well-maintained. Enjoy!

Dori

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this the trip with your aunt, or a different trip?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you are going for the weather and not a beach experience, you should be fine.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this the trip with your aunt, or a different trip?

This is a different trip. I decided the trip with my aunt will be all work and no play for me, so when I saw an airfare deal through scott's cheap flights, I could not pass up the deal to get some sun in the middle of winter...so, I'm going twice to FL this year...

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Enjoy it. We may be down there again soon!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enjoy it. We may be down there again soon!
Thank you so much. I’m so excited that I will have 2 opportunities to be in the warm weather this winter season. I can not retire fast enough so that I can depart the Midwest during the snow season.

dstanp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village at bonaventure
Hi Everyone,

I just made an exchange for Winter 2018 into Vacation Village at Bonaventure, as we are flying into FT. Lauderdale. I just want to get some sun and get away from the Midwest winter, is this place nice? I used my QH to exchange into this resort and some of the reviews on Travelocity don’t sound great but the reviews on TUG seem to be pretty good. Just looking for a base of operations as I will be visiting relatives and friends in the area…

Should I buy the ePlus and hope I might get a better lodging for this time frame, I have had this search set up for about 6 months and I have been looking on line to see what is available and not too much is there for the week I’m going next year….thanks for any info or opinions…
I am looking to dispose of week 4, 2 bedroom at vacation village at bonaventure Ft Lauderdale. Anyone know the best way to make this someone elses timeshare?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those that have stayed at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, if you have to check in a day after the reservation starts is this a problem?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
For those that have stayed at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, if you have to check in a day after the reservation starts is this a problem?
Shouldn’t be, just call and let them know. We just did this for a resort at Port St Lucie,FL
They thanked me for notifying them. You should tell them at least2 weeks before you go.
Silentg

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I am looking to dispose of week 4, 2 bedroom at vacation village at bonaventure Ft Lauderdale. Anyone know the best way to make this someone elses timeshare?
Join TUG, put an ad in Marketplace.
Good Luck.
Silentg