• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Ideas

tdemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're Wyndham owners and have access to RCI

Having trouble finding family vacation ideas along the east coast that I like to do.

I would love to vacation along a lake where my kids can go swimming, kayaking and where I can rent speed boats and do some water sports or maybe rent a pontoon. Ideally lake would be walking distance.

Another vacation idea would be somewhere I can either rent a sail boat and go out with the family, or take a tour. doesn't have to be walking distance, or necessarily on a lake.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Glade TN has a couple of Marinas where you can rent boats and they had two beaches for swimming.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a Wyndham (at least, I think it's a WYN) resort on Lake Marion in SC. Huge lake, resort right on the water, lots of water sports available.

I think the HHI RCI resorts might be a good choice as well. Lots of water/boat-based activities available on the marsh (so more lake-esque vs. open ocean.)

WYN Fairfield Harbor in New Bern, NC would be another similar choice...on the water, but not the open ocean. Lots of boat-related activity options.

tdemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Glade TN has a couple of Marinas where you can rent boats and they had two beaches for swimming.

We've been to fairfield glade. No water sports. It's a quiet community. No wake lake.

There's a Wyndham (at least, I think it's a WYN) resort on Lake Marion in SC. Huge lake, resort right on the water, lots of water sports available.

Already called them once before. No lake for kids to go swimming. Alligators!!!

I think the HHI RCI resorts might be a good choice as well. Lots of water/boat-based activities available on the marsh (so more lake-esque vs. open ocean.)

HHI? What does that stand for.

WYN Fairfield Harbor in New Bern, NC would be another similar choice...on the water, but not the open ocean. Lots of boat-related activity options.

I believe similar problem at New Bern. But I don't remember. I'll call them when they open tomorrow. But I'm fairly positive it didn't check all the boxes for me either.

See my problem?

tdemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh... I think HHI, you meant Hilton Head Island. Like I mentioned in my initial posts, I'm looking for a lake where we can go out and do water sports, not the ocean.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
How about Fox Run on Lake Lure, NC? RCI. Wave runners & jet skis are not allowed on the lake but you can rent kayaks, canoes and SUP boards on the other side of the lake around the marina area. There are pontoon boat tours of the lake. And it's close to Asheville, NC, for a visit to The Biltmore House.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Try Maine or New Hampshire lots of water sports

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Oh... I think HHI, you meant Hilton Head Island. Like I mentioned in my initial posts, I'm looking for a lake where we can go out and do water sports, not the ocean.
Bluewater Resort on Hilton Head Island has complimentary single and double kayaks and a nice dock (if you wanted to rent a boat or just fish from the dock).

It's on the Intracoastal waterway, not the ocean... no swimming in there, but there's an awesome pool. The closest beach is about 5 miles away. You can also rent bikes by the week or by the day and explore the island on 2 wheels.

But it trades with II, not RCI. That might be a deal breaker for you.