• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Wyndham Trips to supplement points stay

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else was using the Wyndham Trips offers to supplement their Club Wyndam points trips.

https://www.wyndhamtrips.com/offer-list.asp?Dest=125&webid=298

We're going to Wyhndam Oceanside next May and the Friday and Saturday point costs there or in Sand Diego are high. So, I bought a 2 night package for $149 and we'll stay in San Diego at the Wyndham Bayside hotel for the 2 nights. We do have to have an update meeting but I usually get out of those fairly quickly once they see that I've only bought resale and I'm not purchasing anything from them. We also get a $150 AE card.

Basically that part of the trip, except for taxes, etc.. is paid for and I wont have to use the large number of points for the Friday and Saturday stay over.

Thoughts? Experiences?

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I actually got an email from Wyndham Rewards the other day about this. I wanted to go to Alexandria VA (Washington DC) and see that they offer it, but at “an area hotel.” I may call to check it out. It’s $249 for 3 nights and you get a $200 AmEx.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Four years ago I bought a party weekend package for Branson at the annual owners meeting. I don't know if they are still called party packages or something else know but they are still offered. I booked enough nights in the same size unit that we were able to stay for a full week and didn't have to move units.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I actually got an email from Wyndham Rewards the other day about this. I wanted to go to Alexandria VA (Washington DC) and see that they offer it, but at “an area hotel.” I may call to check it out. It’s $249 for 3 nights and you get a $200 AmEx.

Here is where you can see which hotels are available at each location.

http://media.wyndhamvo.com/details/

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four years ago I bought a party weekend package for Branson at the annual owners meeting. I don't know if they are still called party packages or something else know but they are still offered. I booked enough nights in the same size unit that we were able to stay for a full week and didn't have to move units.

Jan - This is a package where you stay in a hotel and come to the resort for an "update".

The hotels are very nice though!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan - This is a package where you stay in a hotel and come to the resort for an "update".

The hotels are very nice though!

No but we've had them too many years ago before we actually bought. As part of the Branson package we had to attend a presentation. No gift card. Our package included dinner and show on the Branson Belle Showboat, dinner at the Chateau and a lunch get together at the Wyndham center that was actually fun. Our package was more of a mid week stay, starting on Wednesday but included Friday night. If I remember correctly we added three nights before the start of the package and one more night on the end of it.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I have done both the party weekend and stayed in a Wyndham for cash and the Wyndham trips for cash and a hotel stay. The party weekend was at Wyndham Canterbury. It cost $499.00. It included a catered dinner and got to go see a Giants game from a Luxory box with all food and bears included. It was pretty fun. The Wyndham trip I went to was at Oceanside, CA. The cost was $199.00 and we got $100.00 amex gift card, coupons for $100.00 off local restaurants. We spent four night in a pretty nice hotel near the Wyndham Oceanside Pier. In both cases unless it has changed you have to agree to a 120 min sales presentation. These are not like the owner updates where you can really get up and leave. They have your credit card info and you signed an ageement that says that if you don’t go to the presentation or if you leave early they will charge your credit card for the full cost of the vacation. I am really good at only spending 30 mins or so at an update once they discover i’m not going to buy. But these party weekend and wyndham trips for different. They will really hammer you and make you stay the full 120 min. Even if you are just sitting without any salesperson present. I’ve done 1 party weekend and 2 Wyndham trips. But I would’nt do another one. They also do the Party Weekend for points and you don’t go to a sales presentations. But it is a huge number of points.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done both the party weekend and stayed in a Wyndham for cash and the Wyndham trips for cash and a hotel stay. The party weekend was at Wyndham Canterbury. It cost $499.00. It included a catered dinner and got to go see a Giants game from a Luxory box with all food and bears included. It was pretty fun. The Wyndham trip I went to was at Oceanside, CA. The cost was $199.00 and we got $100.00 amex gift card, coupons for $100.00 off local restaurants. We spent four night in a pretty nice hotel near the Wyndham Oceanside Pier. In both cases unless it has changed you have to agree to a 120 min sales presentation. These are not like the owner updates where you can really get up and leave. They have your credit card info and you signed an ageement that says that if you don’t go to the presentation or if you leave early they will charge your credit card for the full cost of the vacation. I am really good at only spending 30 mins or so at an update once they discover i’m not going to buy. But these party weekend and wyndham trips for different. They will really hammer you and make you stay the full 120 min. Even if you are just sitting without any salesperson present. I’ve done 1 party weekend and 2 Wyndham trips. But I would’nt do another one. They also do the Party Weekend for points and you don’t go to a sales presentations. But it is a huge number of points.
Mark, I've been on two of these "Wyndham Trip's" deals and found the sales people no harder to deal with than any other. Once they understand that we wont be purchasing anything from them they move on to the next "victim" and we are free to go with our AE card.

I was really interested in comments from any one who had used this low / no cost option to augment an expensive "points" vacation. Or hoping to get people thinking about this as an way to save points on a trip to a "high point" Wyndham timeshare resort.

I our case we live in NJ and wanted to take a trip to San Diego / Oceanside. I've been following the 10 month availability and found the point costs high. We wanted to spend a couple of days in San Diego and the rest of the time at Oceanside. By using the "trips" package we'll save about 90k points (3 night points for Wyndham Harbour lights)and at my average maintenance cost of $5.60 per thousand points that's $500 in points costs. We'll still be in San Diego for the time we wanted to be but instead of being in a studio at the Wyndham Harbour Lights, we'll be in a hotel room at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside.

Those 90k points will almost pay for a week at Wyndham Bentley Brook in the Berskshires in Hancock , MA where we like to go each year.

This is another way to extend our points for more vacation time.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are owners eligible for these trips as long as they have not attended an update within the past 6 months?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Are owners eligible for these trips as long as they have not attended an update within the past 6 months?
Yes. That said, each approach and offer is unique. I contacted Wyndham Rewards yesterday to cancel a hotel reservation that just would not cancel on line. Got that cancelled then was asked about hearing an offer. for 500 reward points. It was a slow time, so I took the chance and listened. The offer was 4days/3nights at select locations plus 30000 reward points for $159 and a 120 minute presentation. I had a year to get it scheduled/taken. Since I'd had an 'update' in May, I could not take the trip before December. Pay now, travel later. I declined the offer due to a currently unclear 2019 travel schedule. Before I got off the phone, I asked a question and apparently left a little opening for a second offer. The 2nd offer, 3days/2nights plus 30000 reward points for $99 and the 120 minute presentation. I declined again. After kicking around some travel plans for 2019 with my DW, I realized that I should have taken the offer. I may call Wyndham Rewards with some BS question and just ask to get transferred to the 'offer' desk.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. That said, each approach and offer is unique. I contacted Wyndham Rewards yesterday to cancel a hotel reservation that just would not cancel on line. Got that cancelled then was asked about hearing an offer. for 500 reward points. It was a slow time, so I took the chance and listened. The offer was 4days/3nights at select locations plus 30000 reward points for $159 and a 120 minute presentation. I had a year to get it scheduled/taken. Since I'd had an 'update' in May, I could not take the trip before December. Pay now, travel later. I declined the offer due to a currently unclear 2019 travel schedule. Before I got off the phone, I asked a question and apparently left a little opening for a second offer. The 2nd offer, 3days/2nights plus 30000 reward points for $99 and the 120 minute presentation. I declined again. After kicking around some travel plans for 2019 with my DW, I realized that I should have taken the offer. I may call Wyndham Rewards with some BS question and just ask to get transferred to the 'offer' desk.
You can call the trips group directly.

See the link for available locations,

https://www.wyndhamtrips.com/vacation-package-destinations.asp

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just called with questions about the offer. It says $249 online for a 3 night stay, but I was offered the 3 nights for $199. I wasn't calling to do the deal, but I did it after I was given the option of a few hotels. I was looking at Old Town Alexandria and was offered the Hilton, which is right next door to the Wyndham. Will go for a Fri, Sat, Sun stay in November.

Offer included a $200 AmEx and a $100 rebate on a stay at a Wyndham hotel. Will likely go with my analysis sheets that I used to buy the week I'm closing on now. It'll probably be a hard sell presentation, but I'm a business analyst so there's always a cost/benefit analysis running through my head and at their cost, there's not enough benefit.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just called with questions about the offer. It says $249 online for a 3 night stay, but I was offered the 3 nights for $199. I wasn't calling to do the deal, but I did it after I was given the option of a few hotels. I was looking at Old Town Alexandria and was offered the Hilton, which is right next door to the Wyndham. Will go for a Fri, Sat, Sun stay in November.

Offer included a $200 AmEx and a $100 rebate on a stay at a Wyndham hotel. Will likely go with my analysis sheets that I used to buy the week I'm closing on now. It'll probably be a hard sell presentation, but I'm a business analyst so there's always a cost/benefit analysis running through my head and at their cost, there's not enough benefit.
We stayed there last year. It's very nice.

As far as the update, like Nancy Reagan said, "just say no!"