• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using RCI via WM - looking for Disney on-site resort info? And other RCI search inquiries

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Not sure where to post but since I’m accessing RCI via WM login - hope okay to post here?

I was told by Wyndham rep that within RCI ,

(1) book on-site Disney resorts... but I don’t know which ones to look for - what are the ID or names to search?

(2) can also buy from RCI rather than using points - but I don’t see a link anywhere to search based on this

(3) find discounted points - but I don’t see a place to search base on with one of this either -

Thank you .

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Never mind - I did found a list of Disney resorts - but it seems every one I click in is RED (did not find any results for your search criteria)... I didn’t even enter any dates—-

So how likely is it to book a Disney on-site resort via RCI ?

Thank you

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Very likely you will get Saratoga Springs, and you should definitely include that one in your search, or you may end up with nothing. That is just the nature of the inventory.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
When we stayed at Disney we put our request in about 14 months in Advance. We made it very broad - 1 week in February (14 months out) in a 1 bedroom or larger any Disney Resort. The request matched after waiting about 5 months for Saratoga Springs. Then we quickly requested a week prior to this or subsequent 1 bedroom or larger. Within days we havd Old Key West.

So start your request at least 1 year in advance and make it as broad as possible.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Do not forget that Disney charges $190 to stay onsite, and you will get only 1 bedrooms for your matches. The one bedrooms sleep up to four, but you can bring your own bedding to sleep an additional fifth person. If the 5th person is an infant, there is a pack-n-play in every Disney unit (also a wooden high chair in every unit).

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Thank you - so the request you mentioned is exchange with points ? Or pay cash? I was hoping not to use points because I don’t have enough- and isn’t there an exchange fee if using points? Never used WM points in RCI

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
An Exchange is YOUR points for a timeshare week. If you don't want to use your points, you have to rent from Disney for RACK RATE or find an DVC owner who will rent you a reservation.

CASH is cash .. and other than the cash fees an exchange company charges you, you MUST exchange your TS vacation unit for an available DVC unit traded into their system. Can't trade a DOG WEEK/RESORT for a DVC WEEK.

Ongoing searches COULD help to achieve your goal.

Why would a DVC owner trade in their DVC points into RCI for one of their weeks? Perhaps a desire to go to a NON-DISNEY resort/location .... aka, New Mexico, New Jersey, Texas.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thank you - so the request you mentioned is exchange with points ? Or pay cash? I was hoping not to use points because I don’t have enough- and isn’t there an exchange fee if using points? Never used WM points in RCI
You won’t find DVC resorts on last minute getaways. You will need you use credits. You can rent credits from others for about .07 per credit just look at WMOWNERS.com

Yes there is an exchange fee then Disney will also bill you $190 fee when checking in on top of that. Magic of Disney Tax!

There are many nice resorts in Orlando much easier to get than Disney. All the HGVC resorts are nice. Wyndham’s Bonnet Creek is at the front gate just about.

Since you own WM. A sneaky trick. Any resort any size is 4000 WM credits 45 days to checkin. Orlando is one of the easiest places to get resorts if you wait and roll the dice you will still probably get a nice place, but pretty cheap. Example Reunion tends to always have last minute inventory. Those are 3 bedroom places with onsite water park. WM takes 17,000 credits. Booking via RCI last minute exchange only 4000 credits.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
I’m actually referring to Extra Getaway Vacations - where you don’t use points but pay $ - this is not possible to get a Disney resort reservation ?

Last min (less points) would be nice too, but since flying from out of state, I can’t do last min since airfare most of time last min is super pricey

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I’m actually referring to Extra Getaway Vacations - where you don’t use points but pay $ - this is not possible to get a Disney resort reservation ?

Last min (less points) would be nice too, but since flying from out of state, I can’t do last min since airfare most of time last min is super pricey
It’s supply and demand!

Almost all Disney resorts are internal traded or people rent units out because there is a large demand. Very few end up in RCI. Since few end up in RCI most are immediately snapped up by members. Extra Getaways are stale inventory RCI feels they may not get exchanged before they expire. So they offer them for a low price as something is better than nothing.

There is just to much demand to expect them to end up as extra getaways. If one did end up there it would be a very rare and would not be at the $300 range.

There are several websites where you can rent a Disney stay from a DVC member for cash.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Finding Disney on the low cost Extra Getaway Vacations would be a unicorn. Only possible in a sales person's dream.

It is easy for them to paint a different picture... i.e.

The great thing about RCI is you can save your points and book a week thru RCI for $299-349 a week.
And with RCI you can book Disney properties.

And never actually have to expressly say that you can book Disney for hundreds via RCI. So they are not actually "lying".

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
There are pluses and minuses to staying at Disney Resort. Minus the $190 fee as well as other possible tack ons.. Pluses they pick you up at the airport, they pick up your bags and deliver them to your room (though they might arrive about 10pm so take a swim suit in your carryon), free buses to all Parks, early and late hours at Parks, your room key is your charge card, many times the Parks will deliver purchases to your room, if you buy enough good chance they will ship home, they take you back to the airport, depending on your airline you may be able to check your bags at the Resort. When we stay at a WDW Resort several years ago we had to check out of our room hours before our ride to the airport. So we checked our bags dressed in our swim suits, spend day at pool, showered and changed clothes (had them in carryon) in time for bus.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Thanks guys - a lot of insights
And now I think I understand more about different RCI options

And wow about the services with Disney resort / i will still do Disney resort for at least one time - if revisit, will do offsite - X’mas need to go magic hours!

Now just need to find out where universal studio is - want to go there too for maybe 3-4 days on top of 1 week in Disney

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thanks guys - a lot of insights
And now I think I understand more about different RCI options

And wow about the services with Disney resort / i will still do Disney resort for at least one time - if revisit, will do offsite - X’mas need to go magic hours!

Now just need to find out where universal studio is - want to go there too for maybe 3-4 days on top of 1 week in Disney
I4 exit 76.

If you want great rides with out the lines consider Bushgardens in Tampa also.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Exit 76 should drop you off on Universal Blvd.

Bushgardens, Adventure Island, Seaworld and Dolphins Cove are all by same company.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Is it easy to book last min resorts beside universal studio? But I don’t think I have another week there maybe just 4 days tops

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Is it easy to book last min resorts beside universal studio? But I don’t think I have another week there maybe just 4 days tops
In Orlando you can always find something any time of the year. Just because you will only stay 4 days doesn’t matter if you book a week you can always check out early.

I have Interval II they have Platinum Escapes every now and then for $99 for the week. I’ll pick these up and only spend the weekend or 2 or 3 days.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Thank you - I didn’t know can checkout early - perfect - I guess pay a week (not refundable if check out early)... but still cheaper - noted and thank you