• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Use to work in sales at Wyndham

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mtn Valley Breckenridge, Grand Crown Resort RCI Points
I can help you guys with any questions or issues or concerns you have with your Wyndham ownership. I was with Wyndham for 3 years and was a presidents club members. I sold $4.4 million dollars worth of volume in 2012. NOW before I get persecuted, I had 1 customer complaint that was not worthy or even being written on paper. I will be happy to tell you the truth whether its what you want to hear or not. I never sold out of fear or "scare" tactics, I sold the product.

Thanks!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is going on currently with Wyndham Resort Sales?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you working with Wyndham during 2016-2017 when Wyndham placed perhaps 100 or more of us on suspension without warning? If so, what was the corporate baloney they passed on to you for the reason we got treated like criminals?

I’m still salty about it.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was not. I left in 2013 when they went to the Podium stuff.. Garbage....

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I can help you guys with any questions or issues or concerns you have with your Wyndham ownership. I was with Wyndham for 3 years and was a presidents club members. I sold $4.4 million dollars worth of volume in 2012. NOW before I get persecuted, I had 1 customer complaint that was not worthy or even being written on paper. I will be happy to tell you the truth whether its what you want to hear or not. I never sold out of fear or "scare" tactics, I sold the product.

Thanks!

Welcome to TUG - as a member .
I see you listed a Marriott ownership . I am sure you will find information in that forum that will be of help .

Assuming you had some vacation in 2012 - that works out to about $ 100K in sales a week . Does that mean you closed 4 in 5 or was it the close rate lower but the bigger points sales pushed up the average ?
Just curious - as a person in sales .

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Thanks!

Welcome ! Earlier in the evening I believe you had a different guest name that you changed to exsalesman2018. Old name was like you had a business to promote. Do you own a business or are trying to promote something?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, I did have a difference name, but the moderator messaged me and told me to change it. I changed it to the current name.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
T-Dot, my site was seasonal, we saw most of our business between April-September. So its hard to say an average week etc. I sold everything from $6200 to $149k

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
T-Dot the biggest factor in sales was Rescission rate. My was always under 11%. Because I followed up with my people, and they had no lies to catch me in on the backside.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What’s your take on the separation of Wyndham hotel business from timeshare? Do you think the timeshare business is stronger after the split or weaker?

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
In my experience, the sales folks seemed to be locally recruited from the real estate industry. Is my observation correct? Does Wyndham also recruit sales people nationally, train them in Orlando or NJ or some other central location, and then make assignments to various properties? Is the corporate play book written in black letters or is their room for local deviation? It seems to me that, whenever I attend a presentation, the sales playbook is customized for me in Orlando? Is this just paranoia on my part?

Jcbrezinka

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Sundara
We own PR Sundara in Wisconsin Dells and we are told we should switch to New York or National Harbor for better RCI trading power- does anyone know about trading power values? Is this accurate? The sales guy says New York and National Harbor trade at 60 and Sundara at 20-30. Please help!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We own PR Sundara in Wisconsin Dells and we are told we should switch to New York or National Harbor for better RCI trading power- does anyone know about trading power values? Is this accurate? The sales guy says New York and National Harbor trade at 60 and Sundara at 20-30. Please help!

Lies. Answered this on your thread. Owning Wyndham points anywhere has absolutely nothing to do with RCI trading power.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

As Jan noted here, there simply is no truth to what is being stated by your salesman. As Wyndham points are placed into RCI with no regard to home resort, this is a blatant lie by the salesman to attempt to get you to change your contract, upgrading to a larger one, and switching to a different home resort. If you had an ownership with the home resort in NYC or DC, the salesman may well have told you that you needed to switch to Sundara. . . I detest this type of salesmanship that is based upon lies, and false fears.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
re: regarding RCI trading power between the 2 resorts....Sales will say they its true...and they can show it......technically it is true.......in RCI WEEKS side, that is accurate. However, Wyndham points owners do NOT use the WEEKS side of RCI. Soooo... wrong, not applicable. Not apples to apples.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
My points Wyndham account came with RCI WEEKS...not that I use it, but it is full weeks and not points.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Regardless of whether your Wyndham points are traded out via RCI Weeks or RCI Points, all Wyndham points carry the same "trade power" when trading out of Wyndham via RCI. All Wyndham owners who want to trade out via RCI will use the same number of points for a given exchange, according to a posted exchange grid. It doesn't matter where the owner's home resort is based. For exchanging purposes, Wyndham points = Wyndham points, with identical trade power.

Sales may point to the various numbers of points required of someone from outside Wyndham who wants to trade in to various Wyndham resorts via RCI. If they suggest this means that the points from different home resorts are "worth" different trading power, they're either ridiculously uninformed or lying.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my experience, the sales folks seemed to be locally recruited from the real estate industry. Is my observation correct? Does Wyndham also recruit sales people nationally, train them in Orlando or NJ or some other central location, and then make assignments to various properties? Is the corporate play book written in black letters or is their room for local deviation? It seems to me that, whenever I attend a presentation, the sales playbook is customized for me in Orlando? Is this just paranoia on my part?

The sales forces are recruited from all over, I was a restaurant manager before I joined Wyndham. There is a training at the beginning, and after that its what you pick up from this and that. Alot of the Wyndham issues are Hype, and just because someone bought from the resort, they are getting "screwed" This is not true all the time. There are bad apples in every orchard. This is no different.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are going to switch PR for RCI trading power, you are in the wrong program. Go buy a bunch of RCI points. If you want to lower fees, Last time I looked, I would either switch to Panama City Beach PR or Canterbury San Fran PR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regardless of whether your Wyndham points are traded out via RCI Weeks or RCI Points, all Wyndham points carry the same "trade power" when trading out of Wyndham via RCI. All Wyndham owners who want to trade out via RCI will use the same number of points for a given exchange, according to a posted exchange grid. It doesn't matter where the owner's home resort is based. For exchanging purposes, Wyndham points = Wyndham points, with identical trade power.

Sales may point to the various numbers of points required of someone from outside Wyndham who wants to trade in to various Wyndham resorts via RCI. If they suggest this means that the points from different home resorts are "worth" different trading power, they're either ridiculously uninformed or lying.

THE ONLY time your points location matter is with your ARP and whether you have a reciprocal or not. CWA offers 13mth priority at alot of resorts, BUT if you look at the inventory book (Been a while since I have) you will see its LOADED with sea gardens, and Avenue Plaza etc, and there is very little National Harbor, Royal Vista etc.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are going to switch PR for RCI trading power, you are in the wrong program. Go buy a bunch of RCI points. If you want to lower fees, Last time I looked, I would either switch to Panama City Beach PR or Canterbury San Fran PR

LAST TIME I was selling for wyndham, you could trade PR to PR by buying 105,000 points. NOW that may have changed but I used to move PR to Panama City Beach all the time, because the fee's were SO much lower, you could add 105,000 points and drop your maint $100 a month

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Welcome to TUG - as a member .
I see you listed a Marriott ownership . I am sure you will find information in that forum that will be of help .
There is no "Marriott Apple Valley" timeshare property...

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
CWA offers 13mth priority at alot of resorts, BUT if you look at the inventory book (Been a while since I have) you will see its LOADED with sea gardens, and Avenue Plaza etc, and there is very little National Harbor, Royal Vista etc.
CWA inventory book??? What is this? Is this information available to CWA owners?

LAST TIME I was selling for wyndham, you could trade PR to PR by buying 105,000 points. NOW that may have changed but I used to move PR to Panama City Beach all the time, because the fee's were SO much lower, you could add 105,000 points and drop your maint $100 a month
You say this as if spending another chunk of money ($10K? $15K? more?) on developer points, just to reduce maintenance fees is a generally GOOD idea. :doh: How many years to break even on that pressure cooker decision? There's no assurance that maintenance fees will remain lower over those years or the buyer will ever break even. This reasoning is, IMO, definitely from a Sales perspective, not from an Owner's perspective.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
THE ONLY time your points location matter is with your ARP and whether you have a reciprocal or not. CWA offers 13mth priority at alot of resorts, BUT if you look at the inventory book (Been a while since I have) you will see its LOADED with sea gardens, and Avenue Plaza etc, and there is very little National Harbor, Royal Vista etc.
Through Ovations they have added a lot of inventory in the last 5 years. It isn't all junk and leftovers like it was when it originally started.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You say this as if spending another chunk of money ($10K? $15K? more?) on developer points, just to reduce maintenance fees is a generally GOOD idea. :doh: How many years to break even on that pressure cooker decision? There's no assurance that maintenance fees will remain lower over those years or the buyer will ever break even. This reasoning is, IMO, definitely from a Sales perspective, not from an Owner's perspective.

All of our maintenance fees have always been lower and drastically lower than CWA. The increases to CWA have always been higher than where we own. Someone who owned the same number of points we do but in CWA would be spending about $2400 a year more in maintenance fees. So it would take less than 5 years to recover that $10k. For some people, especially those planning on being in Wyndham for years to come, that would be a smart move. We've owned for 17 years so I tend to take the long view and use our personal experience with maintenance fees. Btw we've never had a special assessment at any of the resorts we've owned at in all those years either. This isn't a one size fits all situation. For some people it would be a smart move and for others wouldn't make any sense at all.

Based on what we've been hearing from OP it sure seems like anyone wanting to change what they have or purchase more developer points would be wise to use Wyndham corporate telesales and not darken the door of a sales center. Having the calls recorded and all documents emailed for you to look over and ask questions here on TUG or call back to ask prior to signing instead of being coerced to sign so you can escape the lying sales people seems like the only way to go.

Last edited: