• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

US Postal Service - Informed Delivery

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
I did that also. Thanks! I will try to stop into the post office tomorrow morning on my way to another appt.

I hope no one else gets that envelope because if they open it they could use those gift cards on line at the gift shop.

I actually bought them for us to use at 2 restaurants when we go up to NH for XMAS eve and XMAS Day. They were 19% off, so I figured it would save us some nice money. We are actually staying at the Inn that issued them and originally I was going to call them and have them hold them there for us, but then I thought what if they forget and then management has gone home by the time we check in and so on. So- being it didn't cost anything to have them mailed I decided to do that.

Now I'm sorry.

I did call the Inn, but the managers went home and so I sent them an email and will try back tomorrow. I just have been busy with doctors appts and other important errands and meanwhile I am supposed to be resting my injured leg and it's just not happening it seems.

I am hoping the Inn has a way of tracking this We don't get our mail until the end of the day now- which is so annoying because we have a 700 foot driveway and it's dark now by the time the mail comes. So driving down to the mailbox is a problem because of the steep incline and embankment at the end of our driveway in the dark- not fun.

But if worse comes to worse, I am hoping the Inn can cancel the cards and just re-issue them- and then for sure I will have them held there for our check in. This only would happen to me.
I assume you finally received the other gift card?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Given your location Art, that is no small consideration!
Signed,
Former Resident of the North Star State!

Same here. It is a chore to retrieve our mail- especially in winter.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I assume you finally received the other gift card?

OMG. I forgot to follow up on here. I got sidetracked!

This is so embarrassing. But I had looked inside my car several times for that envelope- on and under the seats, and under the car, etc. and even ended up driving down to the mailbox in the dark to look for it again (We have a treacherous 700 foot driveway that is no fun in the dark, plus my injured leg is a detriment). Nothing. I called and emailed the Inn that sent the gift cards to me- the managers had left for the night. I even called the post office in the evening and explained and told them I would be in in the morning to check with the mail carrier.

Then, the next day as I got into my car to go to the post office- omg- there it was- on the dashboard! I couldn't believe it! It is just that the envelope was a dark green color and blended right in with the dark gray dashboard. And I never put anything on the dashboard- I always put the mail on the seats- at least I always did with my other car (which I just sold recently). With this car- I put the mail on the dashboard but hadn't remembered that!

I was so relieved! I immediately called the Inn and the post office as well. I felt like such an idiot! I am so OCD and I was obsessing all night over this!

Meanwhile, yesterday we got an informed delivery email showing the mail we were to receive and we got no mail whatsoever. It was delivered along with today's mail.

So thankfully all is well! Phew!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
OMG. I forgot to follow up on here. I got sidetracked!

This is so embarrassing. But I had looked inside my car several times for that envelope- on and under the seats, and under the car, etc. and even ended up driving down to the mailbox in the dark to look for it again (We have a treacherous 700 foot driveway that is no fun in the dark, plus my injured leg is a detriment). Nothing. I called and emailed the Inn that sent the gift cards to me- the managers had left for the night. I even called the post office in the evening and explained and told them I would be in in the morning to check with the mail carrier.

Then, the next day as I got into my car to go to the post office- omg- there it was- on the dashboard! I couldn't believe it! It is just that the envelope was a dark green color and blended right in with the dark gray dashboard. And I never put anything on the dashboard- I always put the mail on the seats- at least I always did with my other car (which I just sold recently). With this car- I put the mail on the dashboard but hadn't remembered that!

I was so relieved! I immediately called the Inn and the post office as well. I felt like such an idiot! I am so OCD and I was obsessing all night over this!

Meanwhile, yesterday we got an informed delivery email showing the mail we were to receive and we got no mail whatsoever. It was delivered along with today's mail.

So thankfully all is well! Phew!
It happens, at least to me too, in plain sight and we miss it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Me: "Have you seen my keys?"
DW: "They are on the counter in front of you."

One day, I "lost" my keys and borrowed DW's to go to work.
While at work, I "found" them in my coat pocket.
When I got home, I hid them in the couch and began a search.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Me: "Have you seen my keys?"
DW: "They are on the counter in front of you."

One day, I "lost" my keys and borrowed DW's to go to work.
While at work, I "found" them in my coat pocket.
When I got home, I hid them in the couch and began a search.

But did the DW buy into this? :rolleyes: