• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Urban RCI

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starting to think about Europe either late spring or fall 2015. We would wish to find an urban location somewhere in continental Europe, where we don't have to rent a car and can take day trips by train or bus if we wish. Are there any RCI exchanges in major cities, even on the outskirts, that someone can point me to. There are a few to be found in and around Paris, but we've been there three times over the past 25 years and would wish to explore other parts of the continent. I can't find anything urban when I search. Thanks.

Read the threads on Ireland and it sounds like there might be a couple of possibilities....would go to the emerald isle, but prefer not England where like Paris we have been three times.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Starting to think about Europe either late spring or fall 2015. We would wish to find an urban location somewhere in continental Europe, where we don't have to rent a car and can take day trips by train or bus if we wish. Are there any RCI exchanges in major cities, even on the outskirts, that someone can point me to. There are a few to be found in and around Paris, but we've been there three times over the past 25 years and would wish to explore other parts of the continent. I can't find anything urban when I search. Thanks.

Read the threads on Ireland and it sounds like there might be a couple of possibilities....would go to the emerald isle, but prefer not England where like Paris we have been three times.

Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes, just outside Dublin, on the DART light rail. Been there twice and loved it.

Several in Venice, scattered around town, there are some right now on the RCI site as rentals.

Two that I've read about in Vienna, not fancy but at least one is in an area of easy walking distance to the Ringstrasse and city center.

We stayed in one in Florence, right in the center of the old town, fabulous location, VERY hard to get as an exchange. I kept a lookout for it for years before it popped up.

Edinburgh has one that shows up from time to time, great location in the city center, I think I've only seen it as a rental, not an exchange. But I have a weak trader so it may show up for other people and just not me.

I've seen one on RCI in Nice, France that looks like it would be easy to access by train to other towns along the Cote D'Azur.

Others in more rural areas but have easy train access to bigger cities. We loved Oberstaufen Germany, easy walk to train station, about an hour train ride to Munich, even shorter train trip to Lake Constance.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I sent you a PM

Guam Guy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI
Hello all,

I was thinking the exact same thing as I am trying to book my first trip with RCI. If you had any success finding places in Europe in or enar urban areas or cool sightseeing, I would love to know.

Thanks

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
There is a lot of availability for Malaga Spain and the Costa del Sol.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to those mentioned above, these come to mind, and I'll come back if I recall some others:
Vila Gale Cascais near Lisbon
Petnehazy Club near Budapest

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Petnehazy and while it is urban it is at the outskirts of Budapest. The hill up to the TS from the transit is formidable. It will also take you a long time (about an hour) to get downtown on the mass transit. Drive at your peril! It is not easy driving there-maybe a bit better than Rome.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another TUGger wrote of one in the old section (Barri Gothic) in Barcelona. That would be a great catch.

I see this thread is old, and was resurrected by a first poster 2 weeks go.

Guam Guy, if you haven't already figured it out, urban European timesharing is an iffy situation at best.

Jim