• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated HGVC member site doesn't show availability ( green squares) on mobile browser

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
The updated website works fine on desktops, but when I try to see availability through mobile chrome browser, I don't see those solid green boxes for the dates where the rooms are available. Also we lost the ability to pick a resort and check availability by changing the room type drop down list. Hopefully the will fix it.....

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The updated website works fine on desktops, but when I try to see availability through mobile chrome browser, I don't see those solid green boxes for the dates where the rooms are available. Also we lost the ability to pick a resort and check availability by changing the room type drop down list. Hopefully the will fix it.....

Have you tried the app for your phone or tablet? I have had good luck with that.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the app for your phone or tablet? I have had good luck with that.
APP behaves the same, you have to pick a checkin date/checkout date to see availability. I like the desktop version where you can see availability without picking a checkin dates.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm that they are able to check the availability using mobile browser. Before the updates , I could see the availability on a monthly basis with the green squares. For example , I pick a resort and click view availability, the pop-up window will show the current month, and in that pop-up window I can pick a room type from the drop down list , and the calendar will be populated with availability in green for available days for that room type. I don't see that feature anymore. It's anoying. It behaves the same in both Android and iPhone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
Can someone please confirm that they are able to check the availability using mobile browser. Before the updates , I could see the availability on a monthly basis with the green squares. For example , I pick a resort and click view availability, the pop-up window will show the current month, and in that pop-up window I can pick a room type from the drop down list , and the calendar will be populated with availability in green for available days for that room type. I don't see that feature anymore. It's anoying. It behaves the same in both Android and iPhone.

I know the issue you’re seeing on the website. I just logged into Chrome from my iPad and desktop and you can see availability and can Scroll forward and backward by week and can filter by unit size

Ensure you have Availability selected to see the Green availability if you have list selected it’s a different way to navigate and I personally don’t like the list view unless I’m looking across multiple resorts

Unfortunately from a phone Web Designers have so little real estate to work with the website doesn’t present all the options so only shows the list view. This is just the reality of modern websites and sizing to the device that’s being used

Companies work with or employ Designers that make choices based on what can be displayed and limit your options to provide the most useful options that work for the majority of their user base. This goes for websites and APPs

List view isn’t my preferred view so I use an iPad or a Computer instead a phone or the APP. The phone or the APP will always limit your options compared to a full size screen

You can vent to HGVC but probably will see no results as they test these things out to work for 80-90% of the users

So use an iPad or computer to see the Availability view you want

Good luck

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like this problem is fixed. This is how it looks in my mobile browser...

This is much useful for me ta check hard to get availability on the go.
d8e89665f628553c6eeeaaedd1e60829.jpg

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

App doesn't work in some cases. For W. 57th, for example, it doesn't show all of the (six) available room types for some test dates, but only two. I've recently contacted them about this and send screen shots. Not sure if other properties also have issues.

Cheers.