TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Update on Direct Exchanging

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by heathpack, May 24, 2019.

1. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra
    Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
    Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
    Sheraton Broadway Plantation
    Awhile back, we had a thread (that got closed, otherwise I’d post an update there) about the possibility of facilitating different methods of direct exchanging between TUG members than the method currently available in the TUG marketplace. The gist is that there seem to be two types of exchanges that people attempt: 1. Trading a specific week for a specific week and 2. Browsing to see what’s available and offering something from their own personal timeshare collection (or something they have good access to) in exchange. The Marketplace currently meets needs of the Type 1 Exchanger but not the Type 2.

Here’s a link to that thread, if anyone wants to revisit that conversation: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/could-we-have-a-direct-exchanges-forum.286077/

During the discussion in that thread, I decided to put up an ad using XYZ USA resort to indicate “nothing specific”. The ad has since expired and it was a mess. The formatting was messed up and I never fixed it. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted and made it too open-ended.

But I’m here to report that it was a success for sure. I got four replies total.

One resulted in a trade of my DVC Grand Californian points for a privately owned condo in Bend OR for June 2020.

One didn’t go much of anywhere- I’m still pretty interested in exchanging into a TUGger’s a vacation home in Aptos, CA but I never heard back from him after the initial contact.

Two are with TUGgers with RCI deposits to use. Both very reasonable and very easy to work with. Both can use stuff I own or have access to. It’s really just a matter of deciding what we specifically might trade, and since it’s RCI weeks and I’m looking for the second half of 2020, it’s still a little early to pin down those details.

Anyway: cool beans. I’ve since solidified a little better exactly what I’m looking for and just built an ad that reflects that. It’s not yet been approved but I expect it will go up in the next day or so.

I’m going to try to set up a Marketplace “Watch” for XYZ USA Resort, if anyone decides to post a similar ad. When it gets approved, I’ll update this post with a link to my new ad.

I encourage people to give it a try. Using the XYZ USA Resort is maybe a little clunky, but it gets the job done. You might be able to work out something too.

TUGgers rock. :)

wackymother, klpca, silentg and 4 others like this.
  2. heathpack

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra
  3. jackio

jackio Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sand Pebbles, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, Quarter House
    I wasn't able to see the ad?

4. heathpack

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra
    I edited it this morning, so maybe it went back into pending status? I’ll check back over the next 24 HRs and change the link when it gets approved again (if that’s the issue).

5. sue1947

sue1947 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark and VI
  6. heathpack

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra
    jackio likes this.
  7. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    Looks like a very informative ad. Hope you get some great trades.

TUGBrian likes this.
  8. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    I sent you a PM
    Considering an exchange in 2021

klpca likes this.