• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upcoming New Resorts

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This thread makes me want to add a Hilton to my mix. Which HGVC properties do you recommend?

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t because HGV is the name of the parent company of both HGVC and bHC.

That is true, but I figured they would advertise the bHC as prominently as possible should it be going that route. But again, just because I inferred it, doesn’t mean anything. Obviously Chicago fits the bHC model (also the top of the embassy suites seems to be going the way of bHC too).

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
This thread makes me want to add a Hilton to my mix. Which HGVC properties do you recommend?

As always, depends what you are looking for. If you want a property to use for HGVC points, Vegas is always a great option. They have the lowest non Scotland MF’s out there. If you are thinking you want to go to a particular place most of the time, buy there. Unless it’s a specific reason, but platinum season. HGVC has the same MF’s per room type per season.

Good Luck!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Any one of the properties on the chart that GT75 put together of lowest maint fees per point, as long as you can buy for $1 or less per point, platinum season every year use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@TravelTime to expand upon above comments: If you want regular access to NYC, or July, Aug in Oahu, or ski weeks, you should buy platinum units at those locations. Of course buy resale.

If you are more flexible and want to trade around the system, points are points in the HGVC system and you want the least expensive cost per point. Suggest start with buying 7000 points in Vegas (Blvd, Paradise, Flamingo, Elara properties run 7 - $10k resale except for Flamingo which could be as low as $4000 because there is no ROFR; about $1 per point - avoid Trump which is much more expensive) and use those points to trade to Hawaii or elsewhere.

Alternatively 7000+ point Bay Club units on the Big Island if you want a lower buy in price ($1 - 2K) but slightly higher MF. You will need to run a breakeven depending upon how long you intend to own.

Scotland is currently a good deal but you could be stuck with currency fluctuations which may flip this equation. I believe those properties are RTU in perpetuity and not deeded.

Good luck!

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Hmm...just thinking about Scotland. Since this is an affiliate company based in Scotland with HGVC club access and RTU, if something catastrophic happened (medical, earthquake, hurricane, cryptotheft of your financial accounts, war etc.) and you needed to walk from your unit, would they have any recourse if you were based in the U.S. or Canada?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Hmm...just thinking about Scotland. Since this is an affiliate company based in Scotland with HGVC club access and RTU, if something catastrophic happened (medical, earthquake, hurricane, cryptotheft of your financial accounts, war etc.) and you needed to walk from your unit, would they have any recourse if you were based in the U.S. or Canada?

Interesting. I have heard this logic for Mx RTU TS but I think that this would be different especially if you owned any other HGVC properties. But then again, I am not a law nor credit expert, so just my thoughts.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There has been rumors of San Francisco for a while, which i assume would be a Hilton Club Location if it happens.

At one of the Quarterly Investor calls earlier this year they were talking up the idea of opening one or more clubs in China. Not sure if that is still on the roadmap or not. Personally China is not that exciting to me, as if i travel there i would probably prefer hotels in major cities and save my club points for more of resort destination on a beach or something.

I have really been thinking about this comment for awhile now. While I agree I would probably never use points there, opening up a new market to new owners could possibly open up more funds for more properties here. I tend to believe investor calls more than owner “updates.” The opportunities in China are great. It HGVC can pull it off, China potentially could be a gold mine.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have really been thinking about this comment for awhile now. While I agree I would probably never use points there, opening up a new market to new owners could possibly open up more funds for more properties here. I tend to believe investor calls more than owner “updates.”

I agree that I believe that we get the best information which HGV is planning for the future from the Investor calls. That is why I am reading that information.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I agree that I believe that we get the best information which HGV is planning for the future from the Investor calls. That is why I am reading that information.

Looks like a new Fee for service Smokey Mountain resort? (At Lear’s that’s what the investor call was saying.) That would be very nice. Just driving through the Smokies was great. Staying there would be better.