• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upcoming New Resorts

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Hokulani has its own special booking rules and the Crane may follow that model. We will see.

Best,

Greg

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hokulani has its own special booking rules and the Crane may follow that model. We will see.

Best,

Greg

This may be a possibility. Hopefully not, but I can see them doing that.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Need to add Ocean Tower to the list. (OP: it would be nice if you could compile the list so far. :))

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Updated list of announced upcoming and 'rumored' resorts not listed on the HGVC destinations website:

1. Saint Philip, Barbados: HGVC @ The Crane
2. New York, New York: The Quin by Hilton Club
3. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos
4. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago by Hilton Club or Chicago by HGVC
5. Turtle Bay, HI: HGVC @ Turtle Bay "rumored"
6. Ambergris Caye, Belize: Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club @ HGVC "rumored"
San Francisco, CA: "rumored"
China: "rumored"

Interesting list so far. Any others from those attending an 'owners update'?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @holdaer. Updated list and comments in Bold

Officially Announced

1. Saint Philip, Barbados: HGVC @ The Crane
2. New York, New York: The Quin by Hilton Club
3. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos
4. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago by Hilton Club or Chicago by HGVC (has this been officially announced?)
5. Ocean Tower, BI
6. Waikiki, bHC
7. Okinawa, Japan
8. Charleston, SC, bHC

Rumored

1. Turtle Bay, HI: HGVC @ Turtle Bay "rumored"
  2. Ambergris Caye, Belize: Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club @ HGVC "rumored"
  3. San Francisco, CA: "rumored"
  4. China: "rumored"

Very excited about these new resorts! :cheer: Any others to add?

Last edited:

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
HI, whats the difference between the hilton club and HGVC or BHC? Long time starwood owner but just bought into HGVC as they are expanding rapidly as seen by this post and starwood is stuck in the mud.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HI, whats the difference between the hilton club and HGVC or BHC? Long time starwood owner but just bought into HGVC as they are expanding rapidly as seen by this post and starwood is stuck in the mud.

There are several differences between “regular” HGVC and by Hilton Club (bHC). The properties are supposedly different in that regular HGVC is more resort/vacation condo like while bHC is more hotel like. Here is an overview:

• bHC has less restriction on non home week length of stay (one night) than regular HGVC (three night). bHC also has a home resort booking advantage (where owners of that property can book at your home resort any length of stay any season) of 9 months to 1.5 months. Regular HGVC has no such booking rules. Once the home season reservation window is up (at 9 months) any HGVC owners (including bHC) can book at that resort.

• bHC seems to be more in the middle of urban areas while HGVC is more traditional vacation spots. With properties in NYC, DC, Charleston and potential in Chicago (not convinced this won’t be bHC) and San Francisco, they are in the middle of theater and night life districts. Even the new Waikiki resort is more downtown Honolulu than beach. With the exception of the Vegas properties, regular HGVC seem to be more beach/ski/family vacation type places. Even the Japan bHC (a hot spring spa) is a place most wouldn’t stay a week at.

• Right now, bHC has a higher buy in price point and MF’s than most of regular HGVC (some of the Hawaii resorts have very high buy in points).
With their shorter stay limits and locations in the middle of the urban nightlife, shopping, food and such, the bHC seems, at least to me, to be used more for hotel like stays. Go NYC for shows often? bHC is the way to go. Regular HGVC would be a better place for a weeks worth of family vacations.

If I am wrong on this, please set me straight!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks @holdaer. Updated list and comments in Bold

Rumored

1. Turtle Bay, HI: HGVC @ Turtle Bay "rumored"
  2. Ambergris Caye, Belize: Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club @ HGVC "rumored"
  3. San Francisco, CA: "rumored"
  4. China: "rumored"

Very excited about these new resorts! :cheer: Any others to add?

There was a report from an owners update that had Boston as a potential bHC property as well. And yes, I am excited too!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
There are several differences between “regular” HGVC and by Hilton Club (bHC). The properties are supposedly different in that regular HGVC is more resort/vacation condo like while bHC is more hotel like. Here is an overview:

• bHC has less restriction on non home week length of stay (one night) than regular HGVC (three night). bHC also has a home resort booking advantage (where owners of that property can book at your home resort any length of stay any season) of 9 months to 1.5 months. Regular HGVC has no such booking rules. Once the home season reservation window is up (at 9 months) any HGVC owners (including bHC) can book at that resort.

• bHC seems to be more in the middle of urban areas while HGVC is more traditional vacation spots. With properties in NYC, DC, Charleston and potential in Chicago (not convinced this won’t be bHC) and San Francisco, they are in the middle of theater and night life districts. Even the new Waikiki resort is more downtown Honolulu than beach. With the exception of the Vegas properties, regular HGVC seem to be more beach/ski/family vacation type places. Even the Japan bHC (a hot spring spa) is a place most wouldn’t stay a week at.

• Right now, bHC has a higher buy in price point and MF’s than most of regular HGVC (some of the Hawaii resorts have very high buy in points).
With their shorter stay limits and locations in the middle of the urban nightlife, shopping, food and such, the bHC seems, at least to me, to be used more for hotel like stays. Go NYC for shows often? bHC is the way to go. Regular HGVC would be a better place for a weeks worth of family vacations.

If I am wrong on this, please set me straight!

No you nailed it. However, Chicago will be regular HGV which will be awesome.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No you nailed it. However, Chicago will be regular HGV which will be awesome.

Is Chicago a regular HGVC for sure? I thought there were conflicting reports and Chicago seems to fit the mold of a bHC property. Being from Michigan, yes it would be awesome.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos I had not heard of this and having recently been to the Fiesta Americana in Cabo and enjoyed the experience I am curious about where they are building it. I was at the local Hilton Hotel as well and there was never any mention of them building a HGVC down there. But obviously Fiesta was trying to sell you their units.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos I had not heard of this and having recently been to the Fiesta Americana in Cabo and enjoyed the experience I am curious about where they are building it. I was at the local Hilton Hotel as well and there was never any mention of them building a HGVC down there. But obviously Fiesta was trying to sell you their units.

Here is the link to the article that announces the new destination for HGVC members. Looks like HGVC is purchasing existing rooms within the Hilton Hotel and converting them into timeshare units.

I think this Hilton resort is half way between San Jose and FA Los Cabos. Were you at this Hilton?

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ton-Grand-Vacations-Invests-41-Million-Hilton

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Here is the link to the article that announces the new destination for HGVC members. Looks like HGVC is purchasing existing rooms within the Hilton Hotel and converting them into timeshare units.

I think this Hilton resort is half way between San Jose and FA Los Cabos. Were you at this Hilton?

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ton-Grand-Vacations-Invests-41-Million-Hilton
Yes exactly, for a wedding. Interesting that Hilton Hotel made no mention of it to me nor did I see where they might be location the rooms. BTW, it is a nice Hotel.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Could someone give a hewbie a bit of information on how the byHGV differs from HGVC. We have just purchased 2 resale units at the Boulevard for a total of 14,000 points and have yet to use them, so still trying to understand all the wrinkles. I do get that some resorts are affiliated with HGVC and others are owned outright by HGVC. Does byHGV simply mean an affiliate. Are the units in an affiliate somewhat less available to HGVC members?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can give us.
Ron & Linda

sorry - this has been answered above. I think I can get what I need just by reading this thread more carefully

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Does byHGV simply mean an affiliate.

No, basically bHC is HGV urban properties, Read the response to post 37 - here

Also look at this Sticky reviewing posts 2 & 3 - here

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Chicago a regular HGVC for sure? I thought there were conflicting reports and Chicago seems to fit the mold of a bHC property.

HGV Is Bound For Chicago and the Caribbean

The article implies that it's an HGVC and not bHC, but it doesn't come right out and say it.

Renovation of existing property in 4th quarter 2018. Sales to start in 2nd quarter 2019. No indication of when it would be available for booking. Or of the point schedule.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The article implies that it's an HGVC and not bHC, but it doesn't come right out and say it.

Renovation of existing property in 4th quarter 2018. Sales to start in 2nd quarter 2019. No indication of when it would be available for booking. Or of the point schedule.

That would be great! I’m cautiously optimistic.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score

I too interrupted the article as meaning both are going to be a HGVC property by the language used. But who knows.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I too interrupted the article as meaning both are going to be a HGVC property by the language used. But who knows.

I don’t because HGV is the name of the parent company of both HGVC and bHC.