• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Up next?

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
April 27 th - May 10th St Thomas Marriott Frenchman's Cove

July 27 th- August 10 th Aruba 1 week in Marriott Ocean Club, 1 week Surf Club

November- undecided 1 week

Have you been to Tahiti in November before? I planned on booking a 2019 cruise for my husbands retirement trip but chickened out since the $$$$ and possiblity of rain. I can't imagine spending 13k on a trip and have the weather be meh. We are thinking of going May or Sept of 2020 instead for more $$$$. Now we will have to figure something else out for November. I would love to know if my fear of rain isn't needed.

He retires in November and our Anniversary is in November!
Not sure on November but December is perfect weather in Thailand.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We get home from our winter in Belize at the end of this month. In May we are headed to Atlantic City for 10 days to explore that area of the coast for the first time. DH will probably get itchy feet by August so we may get a Last Call for somewhere within 10-12 hrs of Toronto and hopefully take the grandkids. We have our home week booked in St Augustine for the beginning of November and will probably tack on 10 days or 2 weeks at another Florida location to the start of that trip. Then its home to prepare for Christmas and pack to leave right afterwards for next winter back here in Belize.
We are just loving retirement!:banana:

~Diane

Jomi2

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
2 wks @ 'OCEAN LANDINGS' early May to start the Summer
2 more wks (On CCB) mid-October to end it :cool:

Last edited:

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Hilton Head, SC in April
Disney’s BWV in May
Disney’s BWV in November
Hopefully Aruba in January or February

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pagosa Springs, CO in June
Villa Rica, GA in July
Big Island and Kuaai, back to back weeks in October/November

Next year:
2 back to back weeks in the Caymens - my favorite destination!

Are you staying at Fairfield Plantation in Villa Rica (or what the Wyndham TS is called)? We stayed there a few years ago.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going away for 2 weeks at the end of August
Week 1 - Royal Islander in Cancun.
Week 2 - Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld.

During Thanksgiving we are taking a cruise on the Anthem out of NJ to the Bahamas.

Can't wait!

Joe

marijalas

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Santa Fe, NM soon, Williamsburg, VA in a couple months, Germany following a river cruise in August, Tuscany, Italy in Sept, Las Vegas for Christmas. Whew!
You sound like a seasoned traveler. Are you exchanging in Europe and how did you manage it? We are looking to travel to Europe again and I want to have a plan.We exchanged once in France and loved it, it was near Perpignon.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
This year, due to personal issues, we have not yet planned all of our vacations. So far, the only vacations I have done or have planned for 2018 are:

Winter: Cancun/Riviera Maya

Summer: Marriott Ko Olina and Aulani (10 days booked, may add a few more days or another island)

Thanksgiving: Walt Disney World (10 days booked at VGF, AK and Poly) plus about 4 days in Miami (nothing booked yet for Miami but we know we are going)

We also do short getaways to Pismo Beach and Lake Tahoe throughout the year.

I am sure we will add some Christmas and New Year’s trips and perhaps another week somewhere in the summer.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Laughing at this thread. Reading through all these locations, and all I can think is, "Don't you people ever stay home???" :)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You sound like a seasoned traveler. Are you exchanging in Europe and how did you manage it? We are looking to travel to Europe again and I want to have a plan.We exchanged once in France and loved it, it was near Perpignon.
Thanks. For the most part, we use RCI Points and basically take pot-luck, choosing from available inventory well ahead of use date (9 or more months ahead), then book other things- like the Tuscany stay, river cruise, and associated airfares after nailing down the harder-to-get timeshare stays.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Laughing at this thread. Reading through all these locations, and all I can think is, "Don't you people ever stay home???" :)

Dave

Gosh I hope not! Traveling is the spice of life!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Dave
TUG is our safe space to talk about trips. :whooopie:

I get that same line from most of my friends. I just tell them "come join us!" But honestly, timesharing and the collective knowledge of this board make these great trips possible.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
TUG is our safe space to talk about trips. :whooopie:

I get that same line from most of my friends. I just tell them "come join us!" But honestly, timesharing and the collective knowledge of this board make these great trips possible.

Absolutely. I'm among the converted. I just found it funny.

At my work, when people ask me about my vacations, they don't ask if I'm going someplace, it's more like, "Where are you going THIS year?" And recently, several people separately have asked, "When's your next trip to Hawaii?" I think my secret's out. :)

Dave

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We just came home from North Myrtle Beach.we stayed at A Place At The Beach, Windy Hill.
I’m going to write a review. We had a nice time.
Going to Vermont and Berkshires in May. Will stay home the next few months.
Silentg

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Absolutely. I'm among the converted. I just found it funny.

At my work, when people ask me about my vacations, they don't ask if I'm going someplace, it's more like, "Where are you going THIS year?" And recently, several people separately have asked, "When's your next trip to Hawaii?" I think my secret's out. :)

Dave
I knew you were kidding! ;)

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far-Charter Club on Marco Island in January, work conference for me in New Orleans in February, a spring trip to Oregon (Portland-Cannon Beach-Newberg near the wineries-Whispering Woods timeshare near Mount Hood), summer at an HGVC timeshare on Hilton Head (with Charleston possibly before and Savannah after). Still working very full time, which cramps our travel style (although our friends also think that we travel a lot). Took daughter to Paris very cheaply by pooling our frequent flyer miles and hotel points when she turned 30-son turns 30 next month and has been "hinting" about a similar trip. So that may be in the works for the fall if I can get us there and back for free using miles and hotel points for the hotel stays.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Spring break Caribbean cruise with my daughter and granddaughter in two weeks. Two week Ireland and Iceland cruise, week in cottage in Cotswolds, four nights in London in August. Flower Power charter music cruise in March of 2019. Spring Break trip with my girls April 2019. Cape Cod Brewster Green Sept 2019. Then on to a rental home somewhere on Maine coast. In between there will be bonus time at various Bluegreen resorts throughout and other trips that come up.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Heading to Cancun/Riviera Maya - Grand Bliss on April 20-May 4, Rosarito Beach (VRBO) July 15-Aust 15, Buganvilias PV - November 10- December 5. We are looking at Cabo for April 2019 fo 2 weeks - just not locked them in yet. :).

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Speaking of 2019... It's time to start planning.
I trotted out our calendar and listed our potential travel dates.

A Panama Canal Transit, Portugal, the Glacier Express, Amalfi Coast...
Australia + New Zealand may have to go on the back-burner.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of 2019... It's time to start planning.
I trotted out our calendar and listed our potential travel dates.

A Panama Canal Transit, Portugal, the Glacier Express, Amalfi Coast...
Australia + New Zealand may have to go on the back-burner.

So here is what we have in tap for 2019 thus far:

Marriott's Oceana Palms - week of President's Day in February

March spring break week at Orange Lake Country Club with my mother

Easter week on the Mariner of the Seas

Memorial Day Weekend not planned yet, maybe a Marriott, Hilton or Vistana resort in Orlando

Looking at a June week in France for my younger daughter's graduation trip - Marriott's Ile de Village

First week of August at Harborside at Atlantis in the Bahamas

August week at Marriott's Oceana Palms or Ocean Pointe

Other weekends will fill in over the next few months

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We had a week in Kauai in January. That was a last minute trip. Next is our annual two weeks in Kauai. We’re deciding what we want to do in July. After that it’s Maui and Kauai with friends in January/February.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Everyones' plans sound great!
We are in New Orleans (Wyndham Avenue Plaza) Easter week and Chicago (non-timeshare) in September.
I would like to take the grandkids somewhere in the summer but have not booked anything yet.

LauriBuck

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm forever playing "catch-up" with my Diamond points so this is what I booked last October with points that would have otherwise expired at the end of 2017:
January 5 - 12 Spinnaker at Lake Dillon - 2B for skiing at A-Basin, Keystone, & Breckenridge
Jan 21 - 28 - Spinnaker Royal Floridian - 1B ocean front
June 16 - 23 - Marriott's Fairway Villas - 2B near Atlantic City, NJ
Jul 6 - 13 - Marriott's Summit Watch in Park City - 1B
Sep 15 - 22 - Vitality Assurance Vacations at Collinswood, Ontario - 2B - hopefully we'll see some pretty fall colors.
Oct 7 - 14 - Marriott's Grand Chateau - Las Vegas - 1 B
Nov 17 - 24 - Willowbrook at Lake Harmony - 2B (to be near my kids in PA at Thanksgiving, so hopefully they'll spend it with us.

We also had 4 nights from a VIP package at Sheraton's Vistiana Villages in Orlando - Jan 28th - Feb 1

Our next up is actually HIVC Fox River Resort - booked to use credit with a club that I got talked into trying Breeze Escapes. I haven't found a real benefit with that yet, so I'll probably not pay the next dues payment.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I'm forever playing "catch-up" with my Diamond points so this is what I booked last October with points that would have otherwise expired at the end of 2017:
January 5 - 12 Spinnaker at Lake Dillon - 2B for skiing at A-Basin, Keystone, & Breckenridge
Jan 21 - 28 - Spinnaker Royal Floridian - 1B ocean front
June 16 - 23 - Marriott's Fairway Villas - 2B near Atlantic City, NJ
Jul 6 - 13 - Marriott's Summit Watch in Park City - 1B
Sep 15 - 22 - Vitality Assurance Vacations at Collinswood, Ontario - 2B - hopefully we'll see some pretty fall colors.
Oct 7 - 14 - Marriott's Grand Chateau - Las Vegas - 1 B
Nov 17 - 24 - Willowbrook at Lake Harmony - 2B (to be near my kids in PA at Thanksgiving, so hopefully they'll spend it with us.

We also had 4 nights from a VIP package at Sheraton's Vistiana Villages in Orlando - Jan 28th - Feb 1

Our next up is actually HIVC Fox River Resort - booked to use credit with a club that I got talked into trying Breeze Escapes. I haven't found a real benefit with that yet, so I'll probably not pay the next dues payment.
Great itinerary! I love it. The sign of a true timeshare travel junkie is when one has too many points and is forced to use them or lose them, and so has to break down and book a ton of vacation time. And oh--while booking all of those trips, we suddenly realize we have points or travel credits purchased while we were on our last vacation and succumbed to the sales pitch we took in exchange for that very expensive "free" dinner gift card, and so we'd better get those trips booked or given to loved ones before we lose those points.

Have fun on all of your vacations this year! And remember: when the sales weasels offer you "a small points package to round out what you already own", just say no! :)