• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGgers...please post your post-Irma updates on FL timeshare resorts here

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked in at Wyndham Ocean Walk today for the weekend (renting from another TUGer). The resort is running! The "Lower Level", which is Beach/pool access and game stuff, has blowers and restoration crews. Pool area looks good. Our suite, which has a western view, is fine.

As a side note, I noticed they rearranged the check-in, and they offered a sales presentation but not pushy. I said OK, even though it says I must make $60k per year (not even close) or retired (I will probably retire in 20 years). They're offering money, or in my case, a 7-night free stay at any Wyndham resort between now and September 2018. We know, we will refuse every offer and take the week!

TS
Lazy river and one hot tub out of commisson.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tortuga Beach Club on Sanibel re-opened yesterday (Sept 22).

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Eagles Nest, Marco Island on website

GOAL DATE TO REOPEN:
Friday, October 20, 2017 (Week 42)

MESSAGE FOR OWNERS: Owners who are not able to use the property during their week(s) will receive a letter in the mail explaining the maintenance fee reimbursement process.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surf club, Marco Island on website
The property will re-open on Saturday, September 23. Please note, daily updates will no longer be added to this website.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency, Marco Island, on website
GOAL DATE TO REOPEN: Saturday, October 14, 2017 (Week 41)

MESSAGE FOR OWNERS: Owners who are not able to use the property during their week(s) will receive a letter in the mail explaining the maintenance fee reimbursement process.

09/23/2017 PROPERTY UPDATE: 3:00 p.m. After further inspection two additional second floor unit ceilings in the living room area have damage due to hurricane Irma. The roofing company has started the removal of tiles and damaged material on building C. The maintenance shed roof has been removed and tarped. Front desk staff has contacted those owners that will not be able to occupy their week. Maintenance staff continues to work on the grounds and pool furniture has been returned to the pool deck area. Ongoing repairs continue in those units that have water damage.

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Wondering about Discovery Beach in Cocoa Beach FL. They were scheduled to close for maintenance the 16 to 23rd of Sept but are closed now. I have to make our plans soon and may let this non information tip the scales towards non payment of MF.

Discovery beach resort will reopen Saturday September 30th. Tennis and basketball courts will be closed for repairs.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Discovery beach resort will reopen Saturday September 30th. Tennis and basketball courts will be closed for repairs.
The cafe and tiki bar reopened Saturday 9/23.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Dear resort condominium owner:

Hurricane Irma Saturday, Sept 23, 2017 - Final update

All Cunningham managed resorts in the Sarasota area and St Augustine Beach are open. Everyone on staff is safe. We have cleaned up and all resorts are now accepting incoming guests. Please call or email your resort for additional concerns.

The Beach Club at St Augustine - 904-471-2626
Calini Beach Club - 941-349-2500
Siesta Sands Beach Resort - 941-349-8061
Gulf Tides of Longboat Key - 941-383-5595
Longboat Bay Club - 941-383-9561
Little Gull Cottages - 941-383-8818

A very big "THANK YOU" to all who have sent their well wishes, as well as your patience and understanding during this time!

Rich Cunningham
Regional Manager

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've hesitated in contacting my resort in Marathon, knowing the destruction that was caused by Irma in the Middle Keys. I own weeks 9 and 10 at Marathon Key Beach Club. Yesterday, I sent an email requesting a status report on the resort's damage and today received the following report.

"The buildings and units are ok, we had some roof damage but we lost all of our trees and landscaping. We had to cut through all the fallen trees first to gain access to the buildings and units. We are very fortunate compared to the damage oceanside. They are still working on the cable TV, internet and phones - hopefully we will get that back soon. Banana Bay's pool is closed for some minor repairs. We will send more details to all owners as soon as we can. I'm sure things will be back to normal for your visit."

The buildings are elevated with parking underneath and are made of concrete. I was hopeful and it looks like the resort will be okay.

Prior to the hurricanes, I was in the process of transferring the ownership of another timeshare ownership in Marathon at Bluegreen's Hammocks in Marathon. I read in this thread or another one that this resort is closed until further notice as opposed to other Bluegreen resorts located in South Florida, which have reopened or will be opening this upcoming weekend.

I have read that the Florida Keys will reopen to tourists for the first time on October 1.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I have read that the Florida Keys will reopen to tourists for the first time on October 1.

On 9/22 Key West Chamber of Commerce posted on Facebook that Key West was open for tourism effective immediately, while acknowledging that the official date is October 1. They welcomed back the first cruise ship visiting Key West on Sunday 9/24.

kaboom

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Florida Bay Club in Key Largo is up and Running effective the 23rd of September.

Fitzriley

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Wyndham
Does anyone have better info than what Hyatt is giving out on Sunset Harbor, Windward, or Beach House? We are hearing conflicting news and are hoping to hear from someone who has seen them.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Just for general information, lee and collier county have power, butpower to water lift stations is spotty. Which means fast showers, no flushing, no dishwasher, no laundry. Back ups have occurred. Those countries include sanibel , Marco, Naples,fort Myers, Bonita.

No such restriction on Marco. We had a boil water notice for a few days, but that was it.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a picture taken today in Naples Florida, posted by an angry landscaper. This is his neighborhood and he is angry because his clients are mad at him because they lost landscaping. He is upset because this is what the streets where the average joe lives, they don't have landscapers and others to do the clean up for them. He said they have all been working their butts off in 100 degree heat. He said a lot more, and i wish I could copy it. Those that responded said Bonita springs look like this too, imagine what the keys look like.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
This is a picture taken today in Naples Florida, posted by an angry landscaper. This is his neighborhood and he is angry because his clients are mad at him because they lost landscaping. He is upset because this is what the streets where the average joe lives, they don't have landscapers and others to do the clean up for them. He said they have all been working their butts off in 100 degree heat. He said a lot more, and i wish I could copy it. Those that responded said Bonita springs look like this too, imagine what the keys look like.
I've been wondering how Naples fared with Irma. I'm looking forward to going down in January.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
IMG_2214.JPG
It looks like that everywhere, except there is more building material and furniture in those piles than down here in Marco. Our piles are mostly yard waste. We were told today that the cleanup was being delayed because the roads to the place where they dump all this stuff are flooded, so we have to bear with it a while longer. They say about 6 weeks to get all this stuff picked up, and are encouraging people to start doing it themselves. Good luck with that! Actually, some people are either doing it themselves or paying landscapers to haul the piles away rather than wait. This photo is the pile across the street from my house. We're glad all our stuff is piled on a vacant lot!

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a neighborhood private Facebook page. Our neighborhood environmentalist posted that they are weeks behind in Lee county, and yard waste must be kept separate. I don't know about collier county, but lee county has weekly pick up for yard waste, and they are way behind.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We have a neighborhood private Facebook page. Our neighborhood environmentalist posted that they are weeks behind in Lee county, and yard waste must be kept separate. I don't know about collier county, but lee county has weekly pick up for yard waste, and they are way behind.

We normally have weekly yard waste removal, but not while these piles are along the side of the road. That will resume after the cleanup and we only have our normal buckets to be picked up.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In North-Central Florida, we had a lot of tree damage. Homeowners with chainsaws cleared big trees blocking the streets. There were huge piles of yard trash in front of every house. To augment their regular service, the city hired a private tree company service. Out yard trash was picked up last week. :thumbup:

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prior to the hurricanes, I was in the process of transferring the ownership of another timeshare ownership in Marathon at Bluegreen's Hammocks in Marathon. I read in this thread or another one that this resort is closed until further notice as opposed to other Bluegreen resorts located in South Florida, which have reopened or will be opening this upcoming weekend.
The other thread is

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...hurricane-info-for-timeshares-resorts.261938/

The latest Bluegreen update is:

"The Hammocks at Marathon - Marathon, FL (closed until further notice)
Gulfstream Manor - Gulfstream, FL (reopen 10/21/17)
Daytona SeaBreeze - Daytona Beach, FL (reopen 10/13/17)
Dolphin Beach Club - Daytona Beach, FL (reopen 11/11/17)
Casa Del Mar Resort - Ormond Beach, FL (reopen 11/17/17)"

Regarding lost reservations Bluegreen also states:

"We are currently waiving any cancellation fees or Points loss for reservations at any Bluegreen resort that is closed due to the hurricane."

Charles

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
OCEAN LANDINGS RESORT, Cocoa Beach, Fl.

Update:
We are pleased to announce that the Resort will re-open on September 23rd. The A & AA buildings will still be out of service. We have the ability to accommodate owners on a limited basis in the B building and the C & D buildings. Please contact the Resort if you plan on coming in for your scheduled week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Blanche Morrison
Assistant General Manager

Ocean front Renovations begins 9/9/17:

We will start renovations in the 2 bedroom ocean front’s starting on the upper floors. Once those are completed then we will start on the upper floor of the D-blg. one bedroom ocean fronts. We thank you for your cooperation during this process as we continue to strive to make Ocean Landings Resort even better than before. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ocean Landings Management and Staff

PLEASE READ: Feeding wildlife is generally discouraged and, in some cases, illegal. In Florida, it is illegal to feed manatees, sand-hill cranes, bears, raccoons, foxes, possums and alligators. We are requesting owners and guests to please abide by this. When you feed wild animals they become a nuisance and a problem for others on property. We ask kindly if you would not throw place or hand any food to any wildlife. This will help avoid trapping and relocating or even euthanizing these animals. Thank you Ocean landings Management.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are returning to Florida Wednesday. Friends posted on Facebook wondering why there is a terrible smell in the air. Others posted that the smell is all over Naples, and wind taking it north.