• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBBS Online Timeshare Owner Forum tops 120,000 users!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Still going strong after all these years, and still 100% free to register.

It amazes me that so many owners come to find help, and so many stay to pay it forward to the next "Generation" of owners looking for help!

you should all give yourselves a nice big pat on the back, that sort of kindness is so rare in this world!

(also a huge thank you to the volunteers who keep this place from coming off the tracks, sometimes people forget they are Timeshare owners just like you who spend countless hours trying to make TUG a better place for all owners!)

:cheer:

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
And how about a big Thank You to your Dad, for starting the whole circus?

And then to you, for keeping it going, and keeping it viable as things change?

And then to the Mods and other Volunteers who help make it all flow so easily?

Talk about "paying it forward." Indeed, Brian! :D :clap:

Dave

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Nicely done. :)

Sent from my iPad

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Certainly cant thank my father and ignore the other owners who all participated in the "prodigy" TUG that was the basis for what we all have today.

It truly was a group of Timeshare owners coming together to share information about Timeshares and Timesharing...that theme has brought us to this 21 years later!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Certainly cant thank my father and ignore the other owners who all participated in the "prodigy" TUG that was the basis for what we all have today.

Are there any images of Tug screens from the old BBS days? I didn't discover Tug till about ten years ago, so I missed all that. I'm sure there are some members still around from those days. Anyone have any screen shots to share?

I was online with local dial-up BBS boards in California pre-Internet, (late 1980's), and I remember paying something like $50 a year for three hours a day of online chatting and such. If there were more than (I think) 50 users logged on at one time, others had to wait till somebody logged off to make room for them to log in. That was a million years ago. Upgrading my 300baud modem to a 1200baud version made me feel like I'd entered the Space Age. ;)

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, this brought back some memories

09fig70.gif

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, THAT might even be further back than I remember. I actually paid membership to TUG while it was on Prodigy. Fortunately (or not so), I wasn't as prolific a poster back then. I didn't own a timeshare but was using TUG to research them with the idea of buying. Resale of course. RESALE was the mantra even back then.

Good ideas don't change.

And good people hand good business models to their kids.

Kudos to Bill and Brian Rogers, and to all the volunteers and mods that have made TUG one of- if not THE- best forum on the internet. :clap::clap::clap:

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of those links in the post in #8 still work! What fun to see the names of the participants. I chuckled to myself. No 'handles' in Fern's Cafe (now the Lounge) people used their real names.

Times change.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This is awesome, Brian! Love the look and feel of those pages from 1997. Early HTML was a kick to learn. Things are SO much better looking now. ;)

I remember coding my first websites back when the Internet first was getting launched to the public, and then going on to make my sites even better as I learned more. It wasn't timesharing, but it was travel-related. "How To Live in A Motorhome" was a site I set up to chronicle my travels as I toured full-time in an RV for over a year throughout the western USA. After I stopped the RV traveling, it became a published booklet I sold online for several years. Lots of great ideas in those days. ;)

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is pretty amazing how far things have come in 20 years.

should be a fun thread to revisit in 20 more....heres to TUG in 2034 =)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
is pretty amazing how far things have come in 20 years.

should be a fun thread to revisit in 20 more....heres to TUG in 2034 =)

Do they have any Retirement Home timeshares? Somehow I can't picture a sales pitch tour led by Sophia at Shady Pines. ;)

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sure do, they just sell them in 52 week blocks =)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian: Thanks so VERY much for all the hard work you, the mods & volunteers, do. I read TUG daily - one of the first things I do while enjoying my first cup of coffee (I think both are my daily "fix"!)

TUG has helped me learn about "resale" - 3 out of our 4 timeshare purchases are resale - wish I had learned about TUG before getting our first.

Also, met one of my best friends thru TUG :wave:

Thanks also to all the guests and members who post their comments and resort reviews. I personally don't post alot, but because of this website, have learned so much about timesharing.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG has helped me learn about "resale" - 3 out of our 4 timeshare purchases are resale - wish I had learned about TUG before getting our first.

...not to mention all the people who have found TUG in time to rescind a developer purchase and save thousands of dollars as well as helping many owners avoid falling for the upfront fee resale scams.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks from me also for the management and moderators of TUG.
Discovered this place about 12 years ago and pop in frequently.

Loved the old '97 threads. Wondered if the C. Maz was the Maz we see today? Also, what happened to John Cummings?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'd like to add my thanks to everyone involved. I came here for ideas on how to get rid of some timeshares and have learned more than I could have imagined at the time.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Brian and all the moderators and volunteers who have worked so hard to make this group the BEST resource for timeshare owners. We appreciate all the work you all do to make this site so informative. I love how everyone tries to help fellow TUGGERS and go the "extra" mile to make sure vacation dreams come true. Merry Christmas to all and a Blessed and Happy New Year!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
broke 71,000 this month!

love that so many owners find TUG month after month!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this mean you never paid developer price?

Wow, THAT might even be further back than I remember. I actually paid membership to TUG while it was on Prodigy. Fortunately (or not so), I wasn't as prolific a poster back then. I didn't own a timeshare but was using TUG to research them with the idea of buying. Resale of course. RESALE was the mantra even back then.

Good ideas don't change.

And good people hand good business models to their kids.

Kudos to Bill and Brian Rogers, and to all the volunteers and mods that have made TUG one of- if not THE- best forum on the internet. :clap::clap::clap:

Jim

Jim, I'm guessing your answer is that you have never paid developer price. So that got me to wondering...how many other Tuggers were 'spared' having to pay full price thanks to Tug? Maybe a new thread?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score