• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBBS Online Timeshare Owner Forum tops 120,000 users!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, I'm guessing your answer is that you have never paid developer price. So that got me to wondering...how many other Tuggers were 'spared' having to pay full price thanks to Tug? Maybe a new thread?

Yup. That's correct. There was a poll earlier this year that showed approximately half of TUGgers bought their first TS resale. Hard to imagine they'd turn around and buy from a developer.

Jim

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
approaching 75 thousand now! should hit it by the end of the year! pretty amazing number TBH...although IIRC one of the older/original versions of the board topped 100k at one time? We shall get back there and it will be a glorious celebration!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually did find a large stash of beach towel bags that have the old logo on it (although its just solid blue on a khaki background)

if any member wants one, please email me at tug@tug2.net

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
How many active users are there within the last six months or a year?

Sent from my iPad

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks for all the wonderful support and info!!

Way to Go!!!! :clap:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
How many active users are there within the last six months or a year?

Last six months - number of registered user accounts with recorded bbs activity since 8 Feb 2015 is 8738. Does not count banned spammers (118) or folks who read without logging in (no way to tell).

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Impressive - thank you to all!

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
My friends and family come to me for timeshare advice and I owe it all to TUG. Looking forward to many more years of learning. Thanks everyone.

Cozumel Duo

TUG Member
Reaction score
And how about a big Thank You to your Dad, for starting the whole circus?

And then to you, for keeping it going, and keeping it viable as things change?

And then to the Mods and other Volunteers who help make it all flow so easily?

Talk about "paying it forward." Indeed, Brian! :D :clap:

Dave

Well said BMWguynw! :cheer:

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been a TUG member for about a year and have posted in the BBS on various topics. When do I cease being a 'guest' and become a 'TUG member'?
Thanks for all you do - this is absolutely the best BBS I've ever seen

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I've been a TUG member for about a year and have posted in the BBS on various topics. When do I cease being a 'guest' and become a 'TUG member'?
Thanks for all you do - this is absolutely the best BBS I've ever seen

After you paid for your TUG membership, you received an email with a members' code to add to your user profile, to change your status to member. For a walk-through, click on BBS Help, and scroll down to the last link on the page.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Missed the update of this thread last month, but we topped 75,000 members here on the forum!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, THAT might even be further back than I remember. I actually paid membership to TUG while it was on Prodigy. Fortunately (or not so), I wasn't as prolific a poster back then. I didn't own a timeshare but was using TUG to research them with the idea of buying. Resale of course. RESALE was the mantra even back then.

Good ideas don't change.

And good people hand good business models to their kids.

Kudos to Bill and Brian Rogers, and to all the volunteers and mods that have made TUG one of- if not THE- best forum on the internet. :clap::clap::clap:

Jim

Kudos to father & son, and to all the past & current volunteers, moderators and TUG's members. You men and women have made this the #1 timeshare website on the internet for the past twenty (20) plus years.

Last edited:

Sunshine10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I Love this site. You and all the other members do so much to help so many. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to all of you for sharing your knowledge, experiences and opinions!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Quite an achievement! Congratulations and thanks to all those moderators behind the scenes who helped to make it possible.

Richard

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Congratulations on your achievement. I was a member back in the email days, took a break for a few years then renewed my membership in 2005. Used to take part in the Sunday night chats...they were fun and friendly. I have been saved from bad deals and have made some great ones thanks to TUG! Also, enjoy reading and writing resort reviews. Best place for true timeshare advice!
Silentg

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
glad to be a member

Glad to be a member of the growing toward 100,000 members.

Maybe one day I will have 100 post with having helped other members :)

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Too bad the chat times came to an end, led to a lot of tired Monday's tho. I think 75,000 members is a gross exaggeration and a more accurate figure would be the number of active members in the last 3 months. I've been here for 17 years and the post count only reflects the posts since the last major forum change. Are we talking paying members or members and guests. 75 K paying members would bring in over a million a year !

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the number only reflects the bbs forum registrations. The forums are free and open to the public, no payment is required to register and participate here, and there never has been.

its 100% accurate in terms of forum registrations, the count is always displayed at the bottom of the forum homepage.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
figured id just add to this existing thread and edit the original post...but we topped 78,000 registered users today!

Still going strong and closing in on 23 years old!