TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

TUG Turns 24 years old!

Discussion in 'About the Rest of TUG' started by TUGBrian, Oct 6, 2017.

1. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

24awesome.jpg

24 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG. And as a birthday gift, all TUG Marketplace ads will not count towards your ad credit total in the month of october!

side note: TUG was/is actually one of the very first commercial sites on the Internet and the very first website period relating to Timeshares! not sure how many of you remember back to 1993, but the internet wasnt nearly as popular as it is now. The TUG website is older than these companies that may surprise you!:

Google - 1998
    RCI.com (while the company was founded in the 70s, they didnt create a website till 1998)
    Intervalworld.com - (founded in 70s, website in 98)
    ARDA - (founded in 70s, website in 96)

Over the last Twenty Four years, TUG has helped tens of thousands of timeshare owners, many to this day remain to pass on the gift of knowledge they likely received themselves many moons ago through the various websites and TUGBBS forum installations we have had over the years.

Millions of dollars worth of Timeshares sold and rented by TUGGERS. With over 34 million in the past few years alone!

On top of that, literally millions of dollars worth of money saved just from folks finding TUG in time to discover the resale market....with over 8.7 million recorded in just this version of the forum!

More than that though is the unimaginable value of information passed on and learned year after year through nothing more than Timeshare owners helping each other understand and best use this product that comes with no instruction manual. I have even heard in the past TUG is the "handbook" for Timeshares, and believe it to be true to this day.

Happy Birthday TUG, and everyone who had a part in making this community what it is today over the past 24 years has my (and likely every timeshare owner whos come across tug looking for help) eternal gratitude.

It still amazes me every year at how much good this single website does to better the Timeshare industry and help owners!

2. #1 Cowboys Fan

#1 Cowboys Fan TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Congrats!!!

AwayWeGo and TUGBrian like this.
  3. kwelty

kwelty TUG Member

This is my favorite website. Thank you Brian for continuing what your dad started.

4. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Happy Birthday to TUG the very, very best timeshare website.
    "Knowledge is Power." by Bacon.

5. susieq

susieq TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
    Happy Birthday to TUG!!

6. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    Congratulations and many thanks Brian!

7. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Congratulations Brian, and to Bill! Here's to dozens more successful years of helping people. (raising glass)

Jim

8. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Cold Springs, Banyan
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday my dear TUG
    Happy birthday to you
    :banana::cheer::wave::hi::clap::whooopie:
    Many more!

I remember back then. Whereas I only read back then, didn't contribute with my writings (shy back then) I loved reading what was on TUG. Was my favorite, still my favorite.

9. rhonda

rhonda TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades, WinPointVIP
    Happy Birthday and thanks for the great times! :)

10. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUG!

Thank you, Brian, and the Moderators, and the Members, and the Guests!

It's a great source of information!

Thank you for that awesome Birthday Gift! You really shouldn't have, but I love it!!!!! :thumbup: :whooopie:

TUGBrian likes this.
  11. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

Thank you, Brian. Not only has this site saved many new owners alot of money by advice rended, but also how to travel and stay more cheaply at the same resorts that they had originally wanted to buy and other venues they were not aware of.

TUGBrian and AwayWeGo like this.
  12. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Happy Birthday and thanks! TUG saved us a bunch of money when we thought we wanted to sell a timeshare. That's how I found TUG and have been here ever since.

13. AwayWeGo

AwayWeGo TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
    TUG is outstanding. Ditto TUG-BBS.

Those web sites have been a significant part of our life ever since 2002, right after we came home from our Florida timeshare freebies tour of Ft. Lauderdale & Kissimmee -- that time when we spied a highway billboard that said Buy Timeshares Resale & Save Thousands (or words to that effect).

Back home, we hopped on the internet, joined TUG, made fortuitous contact with John Chase, arranged through John to buy an outstanding resale 3BR-3BA Orlando lock-off timeshare unit for peanuts -- & the rest is history.

The Chief Of Staff & I have scaled way back since our timeshare heyday. Our enthusiasm & participation level diminished somewhat following the death of John Chase in April 2014. Even so, not 1 day goes by that I don't tune into TUG, look at recent TUG-BBS entries, & offer up the Song Of The Day (if I'm home).

Timeshare condos remain our favorite vacation accommodations, & we're already signed up for our now traditional 2-week Orlando-Kissimmee after-Christmas timeshare holiday (Jan. 13-27, 2018).

But wait -- there's more. A highlight of January 2018 will be the (unofficial) TUG Get Together set for 2PM on Jan. 17, 2018, at the Golden Corral restaurant, 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    TUGBrian and VacationForever like this.
  14. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    Happy Birthday to TUG. Thanks Brian and all who have contributed on the site. A great resource.

Best regards.

Mike

15. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

I have a “love and hate” relationship with TUG. I love it as it has helped me in so many ways. Through TUG, I have made many friends who have enriched my vacation experience and, more importantly, my life in general. It’s always the first site I check when I wake up every day, no matter where I am (and I’m at Kruger Park Lodge, South Africa right now). I hate it because I spend so much time on this site that I sometimes neglect my obligations and tasks, to my husband’s dismay. However, whenever that happens, I remind him of those fabulous timeshare exchanges I’ve scored and how much he enjoys our countless vacations, then he forgives me right away. :)

16. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    And to think, I've been hanging around Tug since it was just a tween. ;)

Happy Birthday to you all! :)

Dave

17. TAG

TAG TUG Member

Happy Birthday, and thanks! We found TUG after we purchased our first (developer) timeshare. That was back when Fern was moderating. We are now educated TS owners. Through TUG, we hooked up with another member and are in the process of transferring one of our seldom-used TS properties to them. Thanks again!!

18. SueDonJ

SueDonJ Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
    Happy Birthday, TUG!

I can only imagine how different life would be without all the TUG knowledge I've gained; I certainly wouldn't know nearly as much about the timeshares we own. But more importantly my family probably would not have spent the last 15 years or so expanding our horizons as much as we have - thanks to the infectious spirit from all you wonderful people who share your experiences so selflessly. :)

dioxide45, TUGBrian and AwayWeGo like this.
  19. buckor

buckor TUG Member

Happy birthday TUG!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

TUGBrian likes this.
  20. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

Happy #24, TUG!
    Thankfully, a Tugger referred me here in '02 when we purchased our first resale. It's been a fun & educational ride all the way.
    I've traveled vicariously with so many of you on your exotic trips throughout the world, to your frivolous fun on beaches or slopes not-so-far-away. In turn, your generous sharing of experiences has helped so many of us with our new travel adventures.

This is more than a timeshare-help board--it's a board of kindred timeshare spirits.

TUGBrian likes this.
  21. MALC9990

MALC9990 TUG Member

Thanks to TUG I am a much more educated Timeshare Owner now than before TUG. Happy Birthday TUG.:cheer:

TUGBrian likes this.