• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG server migration scheduled for this Sunday Night 12/23/2018

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just a note to say that I didn't even notice the change, which means--from the standpoint of a regular run-of-the-mill user of TUG--the whole effort went flawlessly! Congratulations, Brian! (Now, could you please provide your expertise to the folks over at Marriott/Starwood as well as the IT department at Wyndham? ;)

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
a few wonky items going on with emails...and somehow our brand new server is already on some sort of blacklist (earthlink/att/few others)...but hopefully we can sort that out quickly and be back to 100%

none of this should impact your browsing experience though!
Emails from TUG are still being rejected by a number of mail services as of this morning, so notifications of new posts in followed threads and forums, notifications of new private conversations, etc., aren't getting through to some folks.

Unfortunately, that also means that registration confirmation emails for new registrants or folks changing their email addresses aren't getting through to some folks.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I got blown out on the iPad twice yesterday, within ten minutes of each other, while looking at TUG, and wondered if it had to do with the update..

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I got blown out on the iPad twice yesterday, within ten minutes of each other, while looking at TUG, and wondered if it had to do with the update..
I have been using my iPad with no problems.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have been using my IPAD and my Dell desktop with no problems.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there should be no real difference for an end user via any web browser post migration.

as far as all of your devices are concerned, you are connecting to the exact same place/software/etc...only the hardware itself has been changed.

our email blacklist issue seems to be revolving around the fact that the server got a new IP address...and all this mail being suddenly sent from a new IP apparently set off a bunch of att/outlook/yahoo/etc anti-spam stuff we are working thru.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Emails from TUG are still being rejected by a number of mail services as of this morning, so notifications of new posts in followed threads and forums, notifications of new private conversations, etc., aren't getting through to some folks.

Unfortunately, that also means that registration confirmation emails for new registrants or folks changing their email addresses aren't getting through to some folks.
We haven't received any bounced emails back since about 10:40 am yesterday (Dec 29, 2018), so it looks like whatever block was in place has been removed.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We haven't received any bounced emails back since about 10:40 am yesterday (Dec 29, 2018), so it looks like whatever block was in place has been removed.
Doug,

You mentioned this but it got me to thinking - I can't recall receiving ANY emails from TUG on the email account I have on file with TUG.
If I wanted to verify email sent from TUG is getting through (including the weekly newsletters), what is the best method to test this?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doug,

You mentioned this but it got me to thinking - I can't recall receiving ANY emails from TUG on the email account I have on file with TUG.
If I wanted to verify email sent from TUG is getting through (including the weekly newsletters), what is the best method to test this?
First off, your email address is stored in two separate places, the Bulletin Board and if you have a paid TUG Membership, your TUG Member account. These may be the same address, but it's possible you've used two different addresses.

For Bulletin Board stuff, have the board send you a password reset email (go here) -- you don't have to follow through and reset your password, just see if you get the email.

Newsletters go to your TUG Member address. To see if emails get through from your TUG Member account, have it send you a password reminder (go here).

And, parenthetically, we recommend you make it easy on yourself and use the same password in both places.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
First off, your email address is stored in two separate places, the Bulletin Board and if you have a paid TUG Membership, your TUG Member account. These may be the same address, but it's possible you've used two different addresses.

For Bulletin Board stuff, have the board send you a password reset email (go here) -- you don't have to follow through and reset your password, just see if you get the email.

Newsletters go to your TUG Member address. To see if emails get through from your TUG Member account, have it send you a password reminder (go here).

And, parenthetically, we recommend you make it easy on yourself and use the same password in both places.

Thanks for this info, Doug.

I just checked my TUG member address and it appears to be wrong. As per directions on that page, I will send an email as directed.