• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tug meeting Vancouver Island

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
I'll adopt you Shaggy

Ok. You are part of our family. Although some of us own at Banff we are meeting on Vancouver Island in July. Try to come. There is a beautiful timeshare at Pacific Shores but we don't own there. (Although I am so tempted:D ) However we usually rent at Inn off the Sea in Yellowpoint. I go there for the outdoor swimming pool. 8 am I am in there. Blue water and ocean is a heavenly combination for a Prairie Girl. These units are individually owned so we rent from an owner. Because my husband is not into timeshares I am looking forward to discussing all the wonderful places I have not been to. Greek food and timeshare discussions. Does not get much better.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
My goodness, it is June already, less than 4 weeks til July 9!

So I made a reservation for dinner for us Vancouver Island tuggers at Asteria Taverna, 347 Wesley Street in Nanaimo, for Monday July 9 at 7 pm. Here is a link to the dinner menu:

http://www.asteras.ca/menu_dinner.html

See you then - looking forward to it!

More always welcome, let me know.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was cancelled.

Just got into our beautiful unit at Inn off the Sea at Yellowpoint Mon around 5. It is not a timeshare but the units are individually owned. Got a message from one of the tenants that I had a message from Ann. It seems that the weather here got nice and people got sidetracked. She was the only one going for supper and was packing to leave to Calgary the next day for her son's wedding. My husband is not a TUGGER. He loves to save money on holidays:cheer:but lets me deal with all the details. So I reluctantly cancelled supper. I figured he would be bored while Ann and I talked timesharing.
Ann if you are reading this just know that I reluctantly cancelled :D I would have talked timesharing with you all night long. Still want to hear about Pacific Shores and how that is all working out. Some other time.
If there are any Tuggers on Vancouver Island we are staying at IOTS till Sun. Its near Ladysmith. Would love to meet up for coffee or something. Take care.

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the note - we will try again. Be sure to keep us posted about your next Island visit.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Same time next year

:D This place is paradise lol. Still working so will be back next summer. I am trying to tear Rudi away from our unit to have supper at the Greek restaurant this week. It will just be the two of us so if I am the only TUGGER can it still be a TUG meeting? (;

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too bad the dinner was cancelled. I had to cancel my trip to Europe next summer. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: But I am going to do an Alaska cruise and a trip to Victoria. Alaska has been my favorite vacation so far, and I really want to see Victoria, but I still can't help but be a little disappointed. I'm trying to look up ideas and things to do on Vancouver Island to get myself excited about the new itinerary.

(Not that I mean to say either trip is better or worse than the other, but I have already been planning the other trip in my mind for 6 month! I know we'll have a great time next year no matter where we go.)

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Victoria and area is wonderful

No way am I an expert. We have been on holidays on the island for going on 7 years and last year was the first time I could convince my husband to go to Victoria. We had such a nice time we are spending 3 days there again in about 4 days ( who's counting, I am on holidays:D ) We did the usual touristy things but this time we want to check out the farms around Sidney for blueberries, strawberries. We do not drink any more so wineries are out but there are some neat places just outside of Victoria we want to explore. Go on the computer and check out your passions. Will you have a car? That makes a huge difference. The weather is wonderful here on the island in the summer. Not so hot...I like it around 27-30. :D 75-80 if you are a Yank:wave:
Keep on posting here. There are some Tuggers who live here and they can give you lots of suggetions if we know how and when you will be here and if you have a car or not?
Me.....I love our unit at Inn off the Sea and find it hard to tear myself away from the ocean and pool. I have my books and my DH who is a wonderful cook. We usually have a simple meal, good cup of coffee and eat on our patio overlooking the ocean and rose garden. I am here watching my beloved football team on the TV and relaxing on TUG. Honestly, I must have died and gone to heaven.

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled onto this thread. Would love to meet up with fellow tuggers sometime. We live in Nanaimo and own Worldmark so spend lots of bonus time at WM Victoria on the inner harbour. Yes this Island is wondeful!

eal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
PM me with your phone number and I will make sure you are a part of the planning process.