• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG get-together again January 17th 2018 in Orlando!!!!!

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
PLAN TO COME!!!

Once again we will be hosting our "annual TUGGERS get-together " at the Golden Corral, this year on January 17th. Save the date!!!

We’ve had so many good times during these informal gatherings so hope you can join us this year too!!!

Golden Corral has been great these many past years to let us have a corner and STAY a LONG time, if we want to – and we have!. The staff has always been great ( consequently we do try to give them a nice tip.). This get-together is very informal, with no presentations of any kind, just sharing with each other.

We try to change chairs whenever we get a new plate ("musical chairs") so then everyone gets to talk to everyone. That has really worked out well in the past few years.

2 pm

Golden Corral
8707 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, FL
(407) 938-9500

Hope to see everyone there this year, both old and new!!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We are already feeling the excitement of anticipation for our January 2018 cruise & timeshare vacation -- of which the TUG get-together at Golden Corral is always a major serious highlight of the whole experience.

The Chief Of Staff & I have all our January vacation plans in place -- well, almost all.

The missing link is where to spend 2 nights between the end of our Carnival cruise & check-in for our Kissimmee timeshare reservation. I'm leaning toward Daytona Beach. The Chief Of Staff has been mentioning St. Augustine FL. Either location will be great.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We are already feeling the excitement of anticipation for our January 2018 cruise & timeshare vacation -- of which the TUG get-together at Golden Corral is always a major serious highlight of the whole experience.

Hope to see many of you this year!!

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Thank you Joan for taking the lead on this again this year. My wife and I haven't been there before but I'm 90 per cent certain we will be there. We have already booked a week at Hilton Head for our mid way stop from Virginia, now we just need to book our Florida week.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I will not be down there until the 21st so will miss seeing everyone. :bawl:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will not be down there until the 21st so will miss seeing everyone. :bawl:
If you happen to visit St Augustine during yours stay, we'd be glad to see you. We're there for the month ( we just take a little 'vacation" to Orlando for a couple of days for this meeting.)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you happen to visit St Augustine during yours stay, we'd be glad to see you. We're there for the month ( we just take a little 'vacation" to Orlando for a couple of days for this meeting.)
This trip it will be Orlando and Miami and we will have mom so traveling extra won't work. Maybe next time, would love seeing you.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I will not be down there until the 21st so will miss seeing everyone.
We're checking in Jan. 13 for a week at High Point World Resort (Kissimmee FL), then moving over Jan. 20 to Vacation Village At Parkway (also Kissimmee) till Jan. 27 check-out.

No reason TUG folks can't indulge in a supplemental get-together.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're checking in Jan. 13 for a week at High Point World Resort (Kissimmee FL), then moving over Jan. 20 to Vacation Village At Parkway (also Kissimmee) till Jan. 27 check-out.

No reason TUG folks can't indulge in a supplemental get-together.

Sounds good. I will be at Sabal Palm for a week starting January 21.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing you guys to have an awesome turnout and please enjoy yourself. Happy New Year to all. Remember it is going to be above sixty (60) degrees in Florida and hopefully thirty (30) degrees or higher in Virginia.

Enjoy and a very Happy New Year.:thumbup:

jfbookers

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK Laugh if you want
My wife and I were planning a boat taxi ride around Tampa before heading back to Orlando to spend one night before heading back to chilly Virginia on an early flight. I was skimming TUG when it caught my eye "TUG get together at 2pm, on the 17th Golden Corral in Orlando" and while we were looking forward to the boatride the gathering sounded like a lot more fun. So we packed up and headed that direction. When we went in the staff said they had no groups set for that date so back to recheck TUG and there it was in the headline. MEET JAN. 17th
Sorry I probably can't make that one. Hope all of you who plan better have a great time and maybe we will plan on next year. We already know where the meeting is and we had a pretty good meal when we were there.Hope to see you all next year.
Jim Booker, Norfolk, VA

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Awe sorry you missed the boat ride

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
We have our unit booked at Holiday Inn Club at Orange Lake and are looking forward to the meeting. I had missed an earlier post that Brian will be speaking at a different meeting about time sharing, 1/15, about an hour away. I'm planning on going and I hope others are too.

TUGBrianAdministrator
I will be speaking at the Villages Timeshare meeting on January 15th (next month) at 7pm at the Laurel Manor recreation center.

I also stick around for awahile afterwards and chat/answer questions for those in need!

While this is a private meeting for villages residents, guests can attend if you provide me with your name beforehand so I can put you on the guest list!

there is no charge or fee to attend, its completely free! So if you are in the area, or know someone who lives in the villages who is a timeshare owner...stop on by!

to get on the guest list you can email or pm me tugadmin@tug2.net

The Timeshare Users Group
tug@tug2.net

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have our unit booked at Holiday Inn Club at Orange Lake and are looking forward to the meeting. I had missed an earlier post that Brian will be speaking at a different meeting about time sharing, 1/15, about an hour away. I'm planning on going and I hope others are too.

TUGBrianAdministrator
I will be speaking at the Villages Timeshare meeting on January 15th (next month) at 7pm at the Laurel Manor recreation center.

I also stick around for awahile afterwards and chat/answer questions for those in need!

While this is a private meeting for villages residents, guests can attend if you provide me with your name beforehand so I can put you on the guest list!

there is no charge or fee to attend, its completely free! So if you are in the area, or know someone who lives in the villages who is a timeshare owner...stop on by!

tug@tug2.net

Glad you are going - if we were in Orlando for a week, we would too - would love to meet and hear everything he says, but we are in St Augustine for the month and just drive over from St Augustine for two nights, stay at Bonnet Creek, for the meeting. Perhaps you could share with us ...

bbakernbay

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

TUGBrianAdministrator

tug@tug2.net

Please see my today’s post on this forum regarding Florida timeshares soon reaching 40 year Sunset. Possible subject for discussion although probably not applicable at The Villages as they are of more recent vintage.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please see my today’s post on this forum regarding Florida timeshares soon reaching 40 year Sunset. Possible subject for discussion although probably not applicable at The Villages as they are of more recent vintage.
I am assuming you will be at the Villages meeting and then come over to the Golden Corral on the 18th? Perhaps then you can share information from the Villages meeting too...
So you are talking about mainly Westgate? or does Brian say that lot of other timeshare resorts will be closing too? Right now we are at our St Augustine timeshare that we come to every year -- hope it is not closing too???? We've no word on that.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
{from BBBaker Please see my today’s post on this forum regarding Florida timeshares soon reaching 40 year Sunset. Possible subject for discussion although probably not applicable at The Villages as they are of more recent vintage. bbakernbay, Jan 7, 2018}

Hi BBAKER - assume we'll see you wednesday since you posted here -- looking forward to it

Any more coming too?? We enjoyed an early visit from AWAYWE GO this week!

SmileLynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai, KBV, & Ka Eo Kai
We're going to make it to Golden Corral tomorrow. Last year was the 1st year we attended and had a BLAST talking to so many wonderful people! Can't wait!!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I will be there tomorrow too if you are trying to get a head count. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're at Bonnet CReek and tonight until 10 p.m. are the "dueling pianos" just downstairs and outside -- oops, going to be very cold. But we always enjoy that show (free). Anyone interested in coming over after our dinner would certainly be welcome.