• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to sign up with II with my MROP ownership

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I tried to sign up online, but because I used to be a diamond member, I have to call in to get a new interval number. I did that, but the lady wanted the ownership details for everything I own so I could avoid a fee ($39?!) in case I wanted to deposit another week down the line. Is this true?? So then I asked how they do MROP ownerships and she wanted to know every single resort within the MROP system that I might possibly deposit (to avoid the fee!)! I gave up at that point. Is this for real?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a long time ago so my recollection may be a touch fuzzy but the way I recall using my MROP Week was to get a Week at one of MROP's Resorts during their annual scheduling Period. I would then just call RCI and deposit that Week. I don't think they even knew I acquired it via MROP.

George

PS I think MROP was acquired (or merged with someone) after I sold my Week so things may have changed.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Isn’t MROP part of VRI now? When I owned that, I was also in RCI. Does II have a relationship with VRI?

Dave

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are several MROP resorts that trade with II. II wants my membership number, purchase date, week, and unit number for whatever resort I deposit. But my membership number is with MROP. Depositing an MROP week in RCI wasn't this difficult at all.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are about a dozen MROP resorts that trade with II. On the newsletters they are designated as II or B (for both) in the RCI/II column on the resort locations list. Why was it so hard, it would seem easy enough to run down the list. ?

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are about a dozen MROP resorts that trade with II. On the newsletters they are designated as II or B (for both) in the RCI/II column on the resort locations list. Why was it so hard, it would seem easy enough to run down the list. ?
Because I didn't want to sit on the phone with her for 30 minutes, after already being on hold for 15, while my my kids fought in the other room. I just wanted to add one resort and be done.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so, can anyone verify the $39 fee? Is it true? I can't find any info online about it.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
II will charge a fee to add a new resort. If MROP doesn't have an agreement with them somehow, it probably makes sense to add them all when you start your account or renew, as adding resorts is free then.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I added MROP to Interval, they just listed it as MROP. I haven't had any problems with them. II must have a way to just list all the resorts under the MROP account. (At least that's how they used to do it.) And when I deposited an MROP week that wasn't in the MROP list, II just added the week as a different deposit - there were no extra fees.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wanted to update. An II rep reached out to me through private messages and got me all set up with little effort on my part. She also gave me generously gave me a 1 year membership to try it all out!

And for anyone trying to set up MROP in the future, they do just add it as "mrop" under your units. Then when you go to deposit or "search first," there's an entire list of MROP resorts to choose from where you enter details to match your reservation or do a test search. I didn't have to go through and have all the individual resorts added. :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just want to know what MROP stands for :shrug:

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick note about MROP: These don't come up often for resale, but if you are interested in purchasing an MROP week, make sure it is an all red week. Some of them rotate - red, blue, white. Many seller's don't know what they are actually selling. The all red weeks are great. We are staying in an ocean front unit at Kuleana Club this summer. Can't wait. Got a 2 bedroom unit at See the Sea ocean front in Mission Beach San Diego in July last year. Have an Outer Banks Beach Club 2 bedroom next summer. The resorts aren't at all fancy, but they have some great locations. Not for people who like Marriott!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The resorts aren't at all fancy, but they have some great locations. Not for people who like Marriott!

That was my experience. I enjoyed owning with MROP, and agree some of the locations are excellent. But I found the scheduling process was tedious, and there was no real guarantee of ever getting the exact week I wanted to travel. If you're flexible, it's a great system.

Dave

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quick note about MROP: These don't come up often for resale, but if you are interested in purchasing an MROP week, make sure it is an all red week. Some of them rotate - red, blue, white. Many seller's don't know what they are actually selling. The all red weeks are great. We are staying in an ocean front unit at Kuleana Club this summer. Can't wait. Got a 2 bedroom unit at See the Sea ocean front in Mission Beach San Diego in July last year. Have an Outer Banks Beach Club 2 bedroom next summer. The resorts aren't at all fancy, but they have some great locations. Not for people who like Marriott!
What was See the Sea like? There are very few reviews of it. Our first stay is this august and we booked a couple weeks again next summer since the other san diego resort, Capri at the Sea, doesn't have any summer weeks. :( We bought 2 red MROP weeks and I've been a bit disappointed so far. I wish there was a way to see all of their possible inventory so I can plan for scheduling what I want.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="JulieAB, post: 2130996, member: 12076"...... I wish there was a way to see all of their possible inventory so I can plan for scheduling what I want.[/QUOTE]

Inventory is online now and has been for a year or so. You can see what is available (as long as you have an available credit) at VRIresorts.com. Instructions are in the latest MROP Newsletter. For Bonus Time it is necessary to call in.

I only have a red week and I'm not sure how they display inventory for one of the rotator weeks. Also, I pay MF ahead for year so that I can reserve at the 18mth mark, when I don't have a credit the inventory will not display.

Last edited:

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
What was See the Sea like? There are very few reviews of it. Our first stay is this august and we booked a couple weeks again next summer since the other san diego resort, Capri at the Sea, doesn't have any summer weeks. :( We bought 2 red MROP weeks and I've been a bit disappointed so far. I wish there was a way to see all of their possible inventory so I can plan for scheduling what I want.
Sea the See isn't fancy at all, but the location can't be beat! You are right on the water. Did you ask for an ocean view unit? That's important. If you get the non ocean view unit, you are looking at a dumpster. You can use the pool facilities at Capri by the Sea, a block away. They just recently changed the murphy bed in the living area to a sleeper sofa - I haven't been there since the switch. Don't expect fancy! But expect a fantastic location! As basham mentioned, seeing all inventory is super easy. Create an online account and you can see everything.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a MROP rotator. They wanted something like $3,000 to convert to all Red weeks. I paid $1.25 (yep, a buck and a quarter) on eBay for it. I'll use this year's week then pay them their 2 X MFs and turn in the membership. It's been good while it lasted, and LOVE all the locations, even though they aren't exactly deluxe.

Jim

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick note about MROP: These don't come up often for resale, but if you are interested in purchasing an MROP week, make sure it is an all red week. Some of them rotate - red, blue, white. Many seller's don't know what they are actually selling. The all red weeks are great....The resorts aren't at all fancy, but they have some great locations. Not for people who like Marriott!

As an ex MROP Owner I second these comments. You do not want to buy a rotating Week and yes, their Resorts are not fancy but overall I was happy with my MROP Week. Whenever I wanted to exchange my Week I would reserve a Jackson Hole Week at a good time of the year and deposit it with RCI. It always resulted in a good trade.

George

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inventory is online now and has been for a year or so. You can see what is available (as long as you have an available credit) at VRIresorts.com. Instructions are in the latest MROP Newsletter. For Bonus Time it is necessary to call in.

I only have a red week and I'm not sure how they display inventory for one of the rotator weeks. Also, I pay MF ahead for year so that I can reserve at the 18mth mark, when I don't have a credit the inventory will not display.

Yes, I have an online account. But as a new owner, I didn't know what they owned until it was suddenly available at midnight on the first of the month. So I wasn't sure if I should book a june week that was available now or wait 2 months to see if I could get something in august. They don't own all weeks of the year for all of their units as I found out. And as you know, as soon as I booked something for June, I couldn't see a thing until January 1 again. I bought it for the socal summer use, but the only summer 2 bedrooms are see the sea.

Sea the See isn't fancy at all, but the location can't be beat! You are right on the water. Did you ask for an ocean view unit? That's important. If you get the non ocean view unit, you are looking at a dumpster. You can use the pool facilities at Capri by the Sea, a block away. They just recently changed the murphy bed in the living area to a sleeper sofa - I haven't been there since the switch. Don't expect fancy! But expect a fantastic location! As basham mentioned, seeing all inventory is super easy. Create an online account and you can see everything.

I'm totally ok with not fancy. Location is more important, but of course, I don't want a dump. When I called to pay for the location upgrade they told me the only choices were above the bar (no fee) and not above the bar (fee). o_O