TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble booking one night at a time at W57 online using Club points

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Denise L, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Denise L

Denise L Tug Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Starwood, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
    I was recently trying to book a few nights at W57 online. As an experiment, my plan was to book one night and then modify the reservation to add on one additional night the next day and one the following day (total of three nights) to see how that worked. In the past, I had made a one night reservation online without any issues for a night in May 2018.

However, I was unable to complete the transaction for the first night online when it was available to book. After entering all of my credit card information, I got an error message asking me to call a vacation counselor. I tried this multiple times, and used both Chrome and Safari. I called in the morning, and was told that I should have been able to book online, so the counselor made the reservation for me. I inquired as to whether I would be able to add on a night myself the next day, and was told that I should be able to. But I wasn't able to, I got a "Sorry, an error occurred" message, so I had to call again. And I tried again the third day online, but I got the same "Sorry" message. So I called again. Have others had this same problem trying to book one night at W57? Like I said, I had no trouble when I went to book the night of May 8 earlier this year.

2. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

It’s been a while since I last booked at west57.

Which day are you looking for then I can give it a try.

3. brp

brp TUG Member

I have previously booked single and two-night stays successfully. But, as is the case with @Cyberc, it has been a while since I've made a reservation. I have never had a problem, though.

Cheers.

4. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Wondering if something broke with the last system update? :shrug:

Has anyone reserved less than 3 nights @ the BY Hilton Club resorts since we cutover to the new reservation system in 2016?

I’ve never tried the changeable reservation with less than 3 nights. :ponder:

5. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

I remember with revolutions that when I made a 1nt reservation at w58 I could not add on days and had to call in. I guess it’s the same as the OP with the new system.

alwysonvac likes this.
  6. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

I just tried to make a reservation less than 45 days out at west57 and I also get an error. I tried multiple times with the same result.

I then tried at w57 more than 45 days out and I could perfectly complete the reservation.

So imo the problem is only within 45 days for regular club points.

janckenn and alwysonvac like this.
  7. brp

brp TUG Member

So it seems to be the point separation change and not the prior website change. I've also only made mine more than 45 days out. I've found them to be pretty responsive to issues. Hopefully they will take action based on Denise's report to them.

Cheers.

alwysonvac likes this.
  8. alwysonvac

Thanks Cyberc :thumbup:

9. alwysonvac

Hmm.. maybe folks should write to input@hgvc to request a future enhancement to allow the support of the changeable reservation option for BY HILTON CLUB reservations. :cool:

10. Denise L

Resorts Owned:
    Sorry for the delay in my response, and thanks for trying it out. I was practicing with September 7-10. The last time I booked a single night at W57 was for May 8. And the first time I booked 3 nights all at once was for March 9-12. So it worked for my single night in May. Is the best way to provide feedback to HGVC to send them an email? I only talked with the counselors about it on the phone, but obviously I need to follow up with a more formal complaint.

11. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

I just try once more and the problem not only persists if you book a single night. I tried to book multiple nights using a combination of “by Hilton club” and “regular” club points and I still get the error.

I also tried to book a multiple nights reservation using only “by Hilton club” points and I still get the error.

I think after the latest “upgrade” to the website that hgvc broke this feature of booking at west57 less than 45 days out.

12. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

I had this issue about 3 years ago. It just wouldn't let me book the 2 nights (even though they were there).
    I had to do it over the phone and the rep didn't know why the website was having problems either. They charged me the online fee though I had to ask for it.
    Tried to book a 2nd 1-night and the stupid thing did the same thing.

Obviously this was before the change, although it was a while ago as well. This was within the 44-day booking window since I don't own there.

I have just "regular" club points (no special residences/club points)

13. Denise L

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks, everyone. I just sent an email to input@hgvc. Hopefully, they will fix the problem soon before I have to make another reservation. If anyone else wants to also send an email, maybe they will address the problem faster.

alwysonvac likes this.
  14. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Hi Denise

Any update from HgVc?

15. Denise L

Resorts Owned:
    I sent my email on Monday, 7/30 at 11:09 AM, and I received an email on Tuesday, 7/31 at 5:00 PM from a Club Counselor stating:

I am so sorry for any frustration this has caused. I have forwarded this to our website department for further assistance. Someone should be contacting you soon.

So far, I haven't heard from anyone. Have you tried to book a single night, or any nights, inside 44 days, using Club points or a combination of points, as you mentioned you tried before?

16. TheCryptkeeper

TheCryptkeeper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at the Flamingo
    West 57th St. By Hilton Club
    Have you tried using a different internet browser to make your reservation? Sometimes this will resolve an issue I'm having with a specific website.

17. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Yes I just tried and the problem still persist :-( Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

FYI, I have the same problem even if I book multiple night not just single nights.

18. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Yes I tried different browsers with same result. Would also seem odd if one browser should work and the others shouldn't as its only a problem within the 44days booking window - outside its not a problem.

19. TheCryptkeeper

TheCryptkeeper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at the Flamingo
    West 57th St. By Hilton Club
    That's true. Well it's got me stumped. I hope they get it resolved. Keep us posted.

20. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Cant help wonder, everyone else must have the same problem booking West57 so HGVC must have some sort of idea of the problem as everyone need to call in.

21. Denise L

Resorts Owned:
    Has anyone else emailed them? Maybe the more the merrier?

22. brp

brp TUG Member

So, I am assuming that this fails in final stages? I am most of the way through booking a night in early September. As it would require borrowing, I don't want to do it even though I could cancel for free...don't need the points in this year. But I assume that, when it failed, it did get to the final confirmation page (where one was to check "I understand the rules" and do the booking) before crapping out?

Cheers.

23. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Correct the errors comes when you click the booking button.

You could try and book a night on the 13th of sep and when finalizing you get the error and no points are taken.

24. ette212

ette212 Guest

I just booked our stay for September and had to call in every morning to extend my stay. I was able to make ONE change online, which was to shorten my stay to 1 night (I initially booked to be checking out on our check-in date), but beyond that, had to call. Two different reps acknowledged that HGVC is aware of the issue and are "supposedly" working on it, but 2 other reps had no idea of the issue. As usual, customer service training is inconsistent. Anyway, just thought I'd share an update.

25. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Thanks for the heads up, I’m hoping they get the problem fixed soon.