• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trapp Family Lodge Questions

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
A little bit more...

I just saw this thread.....I've been away, but I'm an owner there, too, just I thought I'd ladd a couple of things.

Check the postings at the LOdge when you get there. Last year, the Trapp grandchildren gave a concert at the Lodge, and it was only for guests of the Lodge (but that includes the TS people, too.) People stopping by tried to buy tickets, and they were politely turned away. Oh...the concert was free, too!

They'll give you a map of hiking trails behind the Lodge if you ask. These are the cross-country skiing trails.....beautiful country!

There is also a Visitor Center in the middle of Stowe that has postings of all kinds of events taking place around the time you are there....worth checking out.

Check out the Cabot Cheese place and the Old Cider Mill on Route 100 as you are driving up to Stowe. It's a routine stop for me to get fresh apple cider and I love Cabot cheese......they have samples so you can decide which you like best.

Lots of good places to eat in Stowe. The gueshouses have journals (at, east mine does) where previous guests tell what they have done and where they enjoyed eating. One casual place I especially recommend is Gracie's, which is right on Route 108 or Mountain Rd.....good hamburgers, and lots of other selections as well.

I'm there every fall for foliage changes, and it's a trip I look forward to every year. Have a great time!

Barb

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barb,
Thank you for the additional information. I placed the Cabot cheese and Old Cider Mill on our list. We look forward to our vacation there starting this Saturday. :)

pointhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
unit Location

Does anyone have a unit map with unit numbers?

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a unit map with unit numbers?

There's none on-line. But I was there in last June, and remember the units. So if you go to this link at Google maps and look at the units overhead, I can tell you where your's is.

Also, they seem to change units from what may be originally assigned. You may not know for sure which you are in until you get there.

If that link works, the odd numbered units back up against Trapp Hill Rd. the even numbered units face those.

If you have a specific unit you are wondering about, I can tell you exactly where it is.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great thread as after watching the show "Newhart" last night for the first time in probably 10 years I was thinking hmmmmmmmmm would be cool to visit a place like that one. Looked up Vermot on II and found the Trapp family home but not much info. Anyway thanks for the info as I might plan an 2009 or 2010 trip.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Each of the buildings has 4 units - A and B units are upstairs and C and D are downstairs. Buildings 1 through about 12 are the closest to the main Lodge, then 14 through 25 or so the next closest (on the road close to the laundry) and the highest numbers are a bit further down the road from the laundry.

As noted, you may or may not get your unit number on an exchange. Once we did, and once we did not. We much prefer the upstairs A or B units as the downstairs ones can be very noisy (from upstairs foot traffic.)

LGinPA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Initially we were disappointed that we were given 17 C, a downstairs unit. I called two days prior to arrival, and we were supposed to be in 12 A.

After all, 17 wasn't much farther from the lodge or fitness center. Also, there were only 2 people above us. Even so, we think these are made very sturdy and sound proof because we couldn't hear a thing upstairs, nor to our side where there were 4 people. Secondly we loved the spacious stone patio and 4 Adirondack chairs the downstairs units had. The upstairs balcony appeared much smaller, but also had some outdoor chairs. There's not much difference in view, so that's a negligible point.

I'd say the only units I wouldn't want are the ones farther down the hill, numbered 25 and up.

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 20D for week six - X-country ski time, LGinPA. Ski out to the cross-country trails. We've exchanged emails with Trapp, and it looks good for us to have that unit. However, a maintenance issue could put us in another unit.

We are looking forward to the skiing. The Adirondack chairs probably won't do us much good, though.

:)

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite units at trapp are the ones that look out directly onto the grassy pasture. These are the even numbered units 2-24. The odd numbered units are up above the even numbered units and have a road and/or parking lot in front of them 1-24. As previously mentioned, #25-28 are further away from the action. I believe they all have nice views.
BWolf, Unit 20 has a beautiful unobstructed view of the mountains.

Last edited:

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
BWolf, Unit 20 has a beautiful unobstructed view of the mountains.

Thanks deh333. I'll tell my wife. We certainly look forward to the skiing at Trapp.

:)

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a confirmation for July 2009, unit 19D, two bdr. We will have two or three teenagers with us.
Could somebody tell me about the location, distance from the pool, etc.
K.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I got a confirmation for July 2009, unit 19D, two bdr. We will have two or three teenagers with us.
Could somebody tell me about the location, distance from the pool, etc.

I scanned in the map showing unit locations and tried to attach it, but it exceeds the file size for attaching here (even though it's one page of black & white), so if anyone wants it please send me a PM.

JUDIE25

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 20 not only has an unobstructed view of the Worcester Range, you may also be able to access one of the X-C trails from your front door.

For the person assigned to Building 19, it is an easy walk for teenagers to the pool. That said, there are not a lot of nighttime activities for teenagers at the resort.

If they like to hike and swim you might wear them out during the day.

A favorite of my young adult children (25-27) is going to a real Vermont swimming hole. I gave the link on an earlier post or just Google Vermont Swimming Holes.

Trapp and other people in Vermont are now promoting the accessibility to Mountain Bike trails. You can read more about it on the website for the Stowe Reporter newspaper. www.stowereporter.com.

If you need any more information, please feel free to email me.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Judie25. My wife works in Worcester (MA). I'll be sure to remind her that she is looking at the Worcester Range. ;)

pointhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trapp Family Lodge Report

At the Lodge now. Indoor pool closed all week due to maintenance. Lots of rain this week.

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
pointhound,

You can get a voucher from the recreation center to use the indoor pool at another resort - sorry, but I cannot remember the name.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trapp family lodge and Registry Collection

Trapp family lodge is listed in the Registry collection (RC) exchange program
www.registrycollection.com

Does anybody know if both Guesthouses as well as Villas participate in the RC program?

Are resales excluded from RC?

Thanks

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trapp family lodge is listed in the Registry collection (RC) exchange program
www.registrycollection.com

Does anybody know if both Guesthouses as well as Villas participate in the RC program?

Are resales excluded from RC?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure only the Villas are in the Registry Collection.

Can't comment on resales and the RC, but Trapp itself has an active resale program for the Guesthouses and is currently selling Villas. IIRC, the latest email I received from Trapp also mentioned Villa resales.