• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer of ownership with Vistana

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @Seagila We prefer to use HGVC points to trade for other resorts, flexible dates, or to upgrade our unit, so have never used our home week - did not know that it is check-in for home week.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I agree with CalGal that Vistana best compliments the HGvC system. I looked hard at Hyatt but I’m not a skier and Key West is expensive to get to from San Diego so it really limited the options. My only wish would be Open Season like HGVC but every system is a little different.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@buzglyd I noticed on the Vistana website that there is an owner saving of 20% off all SPG properties for cash (not just the timeshares, and not just 30 days out), however I wonder how that compares to simply reserving with an AAA discount on the SPG site? It also appears to have limited availability.

Would love if a veteran Vistana owner could let us know if owner savings rate is a good benefit or not. Plus any other tips i.e. does availability only apply to off-season, how many days out etc.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's 20% off the full rack rate, and limited availability, so I haven't found it useful. You really have to check and compare each resort to see if it is a good value.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I just called to ask about II setup.

The Vistana rep said it will take about 90 days from VSN setup which was mid March.

I also asked if I had to prepay my 2019 maintence fees to make a 2019 booking. He said no for a StarOption booking. (My ownership is Odd year).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That is correct - you only have to prepay your maintenance fee to make a deposit - not to make a Vistana reservation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That is correct - you only have to prepay your maintenance fee to make a deposit - not to make a Vistana reservation.
Or borrowing StarOptions to make a reservation.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Or borrowing StarOptions to make a reservation.
We have already used most of our 2019 SOs. At what point in the yr.could we pre-pay to borrow on 2020. Sounds like I need another unit doesn't it!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have already used most of our 2019 SOs. At what point in the yr.could we pre-pay to borrow on 2020. Sounds like I need another unit doesn't it!
You can't borrow 2020 until 2019.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You can't borrow 2020 until 2019.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Could you borrow 2020 in 2018 to make a 2019 reservation? In about a month, we should be able to start making 2019 reservations with SOs.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think so - I think you can only borrow from the next year.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hmm, maybe I will call them . We borrowed from 2019 in Oct 2017 to book for summer 2018. I am hoping to do a family trip 2019 in Harborside. Maybe when we downsize our house, we will pick up a unit with 81,000.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think so - I think you can only borrow from the next year.

You can borrow ahead one usage cycle, and the usage becomes SO's only, so you can only book 8mos in to the future.

On an annual deed, 1 usage cycle = 1 year ahead of usage -- an annual 2019 can be borrowed into 2018 usage, or an annual 2020 can be borrowed into 2019 usage (through to Jan 8th, 2019 bookings as of today's date).

On an EOY dead, 1 usage cycle = 2 year ahead of usage -- an Even 2020 can be borrowed into 2018 usage, or an Odd 2021 can be borrowed into 2019 usage (through to Jan 8th, 2019 bookings as of today's date). You cannot take an Even deed into Odd usage (I just screwed this one up today :rolleyes:)

And of course, you have to prepay your MFs, so 1 set on an annual deed, and 2 sets on a EOY deed.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
hmm, maybe I will call them . We borrowed from 2019 in Oct 2017 to book for summer 2018. I am hoping to do a family trip 2019 in Harborside. Maybe when we downsize our house, we will pick up a unit with 81,000.

It's the "one cycle ahead in usage" that counts, so you borrowed 2019 into 2018 usage. It doesn't matter that you made the booking in Oct 2017 (other than to make sure that you're booking no more than 8mos out, so through to Jun 2018 in that case?)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for clarifying. We are newbies and eager to try these resorts but when taking children and grandchildren the SO s go quickly. Once we have the chance to try the new (To us) resorts our usage might slow down some.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have a client who closed escrow on a WKORV purchase on February 14. They called Vistana today and Vistana's reservation system still does not reflect the transfer 40 days after close of escrow. It typically takes about 28 days for the transfer to be processed.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay with Vistana?

It took me exactly 30 days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am only on day 10 from when the closing company sent me a copy of the deed. The problem is knowing when they sent everything to Vistana.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am only on day 10 from when the closing company sent me a copy of the deed. The problem is knowing when they sent everything to Vistana.

I was provided a USPS tracking number for the deed sent to Vistana. The package was received by Vistana yesterday.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was provided a USPS tracking number for the deed sent to Vistana. The package was received by Vistana yesterday.
Usually they can just email the deed to Vistana along with anything else they need. Then follow it up with a check in the mail. Good to know that you know the date that Vistana received it. For our transfer, that is a mystery.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
I just closed on a Lagunamar week. Whole process took 19 days, from date documentation sent to closing company, to date I was advised by Vistana that week was in my account. I think this is amazing timing!

Markus

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reserving the week you own in your resort:

VSN Home Resort Reservation = 12 months - 8 months from CHECK-IN
HGVC Home Week Reservation = 12 months - 9 months from CHECK-IN (w/ exceptions at certain properties)

Reserving any other time or resort:

VSN StarOption Reeservation = 8 months or earlier from CHECK-IN. Can Reserve less than or more than a week-long stay, only limited by the StarOptions you have available. Minimum 1-night booking.

HGVC Club Season Reservation = 9 months or earlier from CHECK-OUT (w/ exceptions at certain properties). Can Reserve less than or more than a week-long stay, only limited by HGVC points you have available. Minimum 3-night booking.
For Vistana reservations, just to clarify in my mind: Say you want to book July 20, 2019. Is the earliest you can call July 20 2018 @ 9AM for a home resort reservation? What if the date you are supposed to call is a weekend day? do you just call next Monday morning? Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't call - go online and use the villa finder at midnight eastern (adjusted for your time zone) on July 19, 2018 - that is the earliest you can make a reservation, and it gives you a 9 hours head start over calling.

Owner services (phone lines) is open 7 days a week, except for specific holidays. Online reservations (Villa Finder) is automated and it's open 24/7.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I looked at my Vistana account today and it is now showing an II member number associated with our ownership without a link to II. Can we set up an II account with the new member # on the II website? or should we wait until Vistana provides the link on our dashboard to II with the complete set-up?

I don't want to trade but want visibility and access to cash getaways.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you set it up manually on the II website using the II member # you see associated with your Vistana week.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I looked at my Vistana account today and it is now showing an II member number associated with our ownership without a link to II. Can we set up an II account with the new member # on the II website? or should we wait until Vistana provides the link on our dashboard to II with the complete set-up?

I don't want to trade but want visibility and access to cash getaways.

Where did you see an II member number? I’ve been set up in the Vistana system for a month but no II info yet.