• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tpu exchange

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2br unit that has 23 tpu's. I have no frame of reference.

What would 23 tpu's trade for in terms of rci or II for a one ore two br in red season? Blue or white?

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's decent but not a lot. I mostly exchange in the Northeast and on the East Coast, so that's mostly what I'm talking about when I say: For 23, you could get almost anything in off-season or shoulder season except units in major cities. You would probably be able to get two bedrooms in most areas even during Xmas week...probably not Orlando or other warm-weather destinations that particular week.

For 23 in the summer, you can get a 1br or maybe 2br in Williamsburg, probably a 2br in most of the Poconos, and maybe a studio on Cape Cod or Ocean City or Virginia Beach.

HTH!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
As an example, my exchanges this year so far are Sheraton Vistana 2 BR Easter week - 40 TPU and Avenue Plaza New Orleans 1 BR Easter week 30 TPU. Summer in the Poconos are under 20 TPU, 1 BR in Williamsburg are under 23 for next July.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
On the cost side of TPU's
The best TUGGER owned traders have a TPU cost below $ 15 .
2 bedroom lockoffs are better for depositing into RCI because you can deposit each side separately .

I believe my Mayan Palace 1 bedroom suite $ gets around 21 TPU for current MF of $ 715( 2017 )
- so $ 34 per TPU . while a 2 bedroom Mayan Palace would likely get 37 TPU for a MF of about $875 or $ 24 per TPU.

( ie - 21 TPU for the one bedroom suite + 16 TPU for the lock off 2nd bedroom / hotel room .)
< note : as others have said - the TPU value can change over time /I just listed these estimates to show the MF to cost per TPU - at the same resort , if you own a two bedroom lock off and deposit each side separately to maximize the TPU's received and lower the cost per TPU .>

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do you want to go, and when?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Keep in mind that TPU amounts are not guaranteed... they can (and from my experience, they DO) change over time.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The maximum TPU's is 60, so 23 is on the low end. You cannot use TPU's in II - RCI only.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would consider it more from a cost side. I have a couple RCI traders that earn TPUs at about the $13/tpu price point. If the maintenance fees are $20-$30/tpu, I would probably reconsider buying this as a trader. If you're buying it mostly to use, 23 TPU will be enough to get you something on years you can't use it (RCI only) but you will be restricted compared to a deposit that gets more TPU. If you have some places you are interested in post and someone can tell you current costs.

It changes all the time, so you can't say "white season costs X"