• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tortured at APATB III !!!!!

allsmiles2771

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of damage from Hurricane Florence but the complexes should not torture you endless hours of the day with electric saws, hammers, drills etc. I say very early in the morning and late at night is torture. I am in an oceanfront unit and can barely see the ocean over the top of the dunes standing up in the unit. This is not a pleasurable vacation....this is torture !!! I can't wait to get my RCI comment survey.....after I get through it will be burning !!! It pays to have deeded ownership so you know you will have a decent view of the ocean. RCI used to let you know the unit you were trading for up front but now the complexes don't honor that especially APATB III. I will avoid RCI at all costs and start using my deeded units. I am also thinking of dropping RCI since they have given in to demands from management companies. Glad I only have a few days left in the torture unit. I will be glad to get home and get some peace.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I'm sorry you are being subject to a noisy vacation. Is it an exchange week or an Extra Vacation or ?? Were you aware of construction at the resort before you checked in? If not, did you call RCI when you checked in as realized there was construction going on during your stay?

Years ago we arrived at a resort in FL for an exchange week to find the resort under major renovations and construction. There was no mention at all on the RCI website or our confirmation of any renovations at that resort. When we asked about the construction at the check-in desk we were advised the workers didn't start until 8am and were done by 5 or 6pm. We were also told the parking lot was being used by the construction company for supplies, so we would need to park in an empty grass lot across A1A. When we got into our room we found the dumpster chute was right in front of our balcony and the balcony door was screwed shut.

I immediately phoned RCI and explained the situation. Since it was peak time there was no other resort available in the area. The RCI rep called the resort and got us moved to a quieter location (different wing) of the resort which was also a larger unit. RCI also gave us back our week and refunded out exchange fee. The RCI rep also told me they had some stern words for the resort manager for not advising RCI of the ongoing construction and its impact on it's guests. Since we spent most of our days at the beach or out sightseeing the construction really didn't bother us so we had a nice free week!

~Diane

allsmiles2771

Reaction score
I should have done what you did but I just sucked it up since I was only here for a few more days. I have not checked to see if RCI gave a warning but I did know about it since I stayed here back in December and January. The trades had already taken place with RCI but I still could have asked to be moved to another unit. I hope I never find myself in this position in the future and I am thinking of dropping RCI in the future even though they have helped me in the past. I do not see much value in RCI trades any more since RCI sucks up to management companies instead of standing their ground. Thank you for your reply.....you handled it the best way.....good job !!!

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I read the title, I thought you were talking about the sales staff!
There is still time to call rci and complain and I think you should do it