• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Today’s owner update

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
My husband and I attended an owner update today. They were originally only offering to all the owners a 400k package at the developers rate of $191 per thousand and you were given until 12/31 to accept or decline. As my husband and I already own over 800k of resale we immediately told them we were not interested. And so it began...

The sales pitch...
In the future there will no longer be availability for Wyndham select owners because most of the owners and inventory is earmarked for CWA. So if I don’t buy CWA, I won’t be able to see or book inventory at resorts ( including home resorts).

Anyone like us who own fixed weeks will not be guaranteed our room because VIP reservations will take priority.

Finally check in times will be delayed and we should not expect to get in a room until closer to 7 pm because our status does not say VIP.

The sales department offered to rectify our troubles for the small charge of $26k. They would take my Hilton Marco island resort for a PIC (154k Wyndham points), convert a fixed week and let us buy 134k CWA points. We would have VIP silver. But we needed to decide now.

My answer... NO!

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
I think everyone should start reporting this to Wyndham’s CEO. I have Jeff’s email too (Senior Vice President Club and Owner Services) he could actually be the one to look into this.

Wyndham is a great product but it does gets a bad rep because of their nasty sales practices.

I don’t think I had ever been lied to so much on my face as I did when I attended my first Wyndham presentation. I knew better than to buy from developer but they were really pushing trying to get me to buy. Would just not take a no for an answer.

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
Perhaps you could share the email. Myself and others might find it handy to share our experiences.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasea @ Atlantic Palace
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Skyline & Glacier Canyon
Club Wyndham Access
I too attended a sales meeting today and I had a hard time trying to understand what I was being sold.

At first they said Wyndham was rebranding and we would have access to 4 different types of membership programs.

Then something, something about privileges makes... which the name made me very uncomfortable.

Last I was told my 77k resale contract needed to be “fixed” because of a special
Assessment after hurricane Sandy.

Does any one know what the new program is all about??

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
In general in my life, anytime I'm presented with way too many options to evaluate quickly, I know I'm dealing with a very smooth and professional salesman. I then just shut down mentally, and don't even try to figure it out, I just try to figure out how to get out gracefully. And that's not just for timeshares, that's for anything.

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
In general in my life, anytime I'm presented with way too many options to evaluate quickly, I know I'm dealing with a very smooth and professional salesman. I then just shut down mentally, and don't even try to figure it out, I just try to figure out how to get out gracefully. And that's not just for timeshares, that's for anything.

This is true for anything in life.
However, I was looking for information on whatever the “new and improved” is that should have been presented.

Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I too attended a sales meeting today and I had a hard time trying to understand what I was being sold.

At first they said Wyndham was rebranding and we would have access to 4 different types of membership programs.

Then something, something about privileges makes... which the name made me very uncomfortable.

Last I was told my 77k resale contract needed to be “fixed” because of a special

It's honestly hard to say what they meant by the different membership programs, but having just attended an update yesterday morning myself, I believe they are simply referring to:

Club Plus (CWP - Wyndham)
Club Pass (Worldmark)
Shell Vacation Club (SVC)
Margaritaville Vacation Club (MVC)

Whatever marketing-esq words they use - all they are really doing is putting lipstick on a pig so to speak - meaning they are coming up with new marketing slogans and names to describe the same programs that have been around for years (except for SVC of course - which is a relatively new acquisition).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
See, and here I thought I had seen it described in the past as:

Select
CWA
Margaritaville
PR

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham is rebranding the VIP membership program as "Privileges" and introducing a fourth level.

It is impossible to understand what the salesperson was blathering about.

The sales pitch was a collection of lies and exaggerations, as usual. Do not worry. You are not missing out on anything with your resale credits.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Really anything to confuse and hype sales is their intention. Some caught on early but others have suffered through rescinsions. Thankfully some are being nicer to older members and releasing them before the time promised.

Baby Jane

Reaction score

I hate the name privileges. In today’s society being privileged isn’t something you want to be. It implies something you haven’t earned and trust me the money we have given Wyndham we earned our own VIP. We didn’t backdoor into it. We worked hard and paid developers prices all the way to platinum so no I am not privileged :(

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Wyndham is rebranding the VIP membership program as "Privileges" and introducing a fourth level.

The sales pitch was a collection of lies and exaggerations, as usual. Do not worry. You are not missing out on anything with your resale credits.

Actually it's five levels as follows:

Advantage - 300k-499k
Ambassador - 500k-799k
Champion - 800k-1.099M
Legends - 1.1M - 1.399M
Founders - 1.4M+

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Advantage - 300k-499k
Ambassador - 500k-799k
Champion - 800k-1.099M
Legends - 1.1M - 1.399M
Founders - 1.4M+
To buy into this privilege how much for each level? Developer purchases only. Asking for a friend. Thanks in advance

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Advantage - 300k-499k
Ambassador - 500k-799k
Champion - 800k-1.099M
Legends - 1.1M - 1.399M
Founders - 1.4M+
Would it be cheaper to buy one level at a time or go all in and become a Flounder at the start?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yea but a sales person told me once I wasn't really a owner and with resale points. I would only be able to book at places like Star Island but not be able to book at the nicer resorts like Bonnet Creek. He could help me out it If I made one small developr purchase of 28,000 points for $8000. You see the logic in his strategy?

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Yea but a sales person told me once I wasn't really a owner and with resale points. I would only be able to book at places like Star Island but not be able to book at the nicer resorts like Bonnet Creek. He could help me out it If I made one small developr purchase of 28,000 points for $8000. You see the logic in his strategy?

That’s what they told me, too. That I needed to wyndham-Ize the account. I don’t care what they say. The bills etc say dear OWNER!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s what they told me, too. That I needed to wyndham-Ize the account. I don’t care what they say. The bills etc say dear OWNER!

Yea but your member #starts with a 00999 and that is how they know your a resale buyer. It helps them call you out as being wise to their game. This is where they attack you from another angle. They will belittle you into thinking privileges is for you. If you have 2 million points they will sell you 5 million. You can always book and re book to rent and cover your maintenance fees or Its so easy to pay maintenance fees with letting Extra holidays rent the points for you or use. The best one is use your rewards card to pay the maintenance fees. You just don't understand how to spend money to make $$$$$

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea but your member #starts with a 00999 and that is how they know your a resale buyer. It helps them call you out as being wise to their game. This is where they attack you from another angle. They will belittle you into thinking privileges is for you. If you have 2 million points they will sell you 5 million. You can always book and re book to rent and cover your maintenance fees or Its so easy to pay maintenance fees with letting Extra holidays rent the points for you or use. The best one is use your rewards card to pay the maintenance fees. You just don't understand how to spend money to make $$$$$
Well that’s how my member number starts!!
I was also told that if you inherited your ownership your member number starts 00999 & no I didn’t inherit mine

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not accurate.
Well that was what I was told by sales and you know it has to be truth if I heard it from them. But they will still try to sell you 5 million points and tell you how much you can save in maintenance fees buying more and more. They will come up with new names for VIP and tell you the Privileges you will have to own and pay maintenance fees.

Last edited:

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

No one has to wear their member number like a Scarlett letter, so I’m not sure why Sales thinks this would matter to people?

Next time I go, I’ll just skip the presentation.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I never go to presentations anymore, I like what we have and don’t need to waste time listening to sales pitches and ridiculous promises.
Silentg