• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timing Southwest's Hawaii Flight Sale

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We prefer flying direct from Seattle, but wouldn't hesitate to transfer in California if the fares and schedules were good.
Will wait and see, and maybe consider dropping our Alaska credit card w/companion pass next year.

I am most looking forward to seeing how the inter-island fares will be affected.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Will wait and see, and maybe consider dropping our Alaska credit card w/companion pass next year.

Good idea about potentially dropping Alaska Card. Since they added the $125 change fee and we have SWA companion, I am finding AK cumbersome compared to SWA. Hoping fare war will enable us to use AK companion pass from AF last year for HI which expires in Apr. May drop AK card altogether at upcoming AF anniversary and pick up again later when needed for companion. Saves $215 a year ( $95 + $120 companion) compared with $5.60 for SWA companion +$49 credit card.

Last edited:

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
Good idea about potentially dropping Alaska Card. Since they added the $125 change fee and we have SWA companion, I am finding AK cumbersome compared to SWA. Hoping fare war will enable us to use AK companion pass from AF last year for HI which expires in Apr. May drop AK card altogether at upcoming AF anniversary and pick up again later when needed for companion. Saves $215 a year ( $95 + $120 companion) compared with $5.60 for SWA companion +$49 credit card.

Maybe get the Southwest card!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Maybe get the Southwest card!

I've got 2 of them and have the SWA companion pass. Will cancel cards and try for another companion pass next year with 2 new cards if it's still around.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Tickets on sale now. VERY aggressively priced. Downside is connecting on way back. SWA does not do overnight connections, so many people in the east cannot book PNR's back. You have to buy two sep tickets.

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Picked up my tickets this morning from BWI to HNL connecting through OAK. Leaving on a Sunday in May, fare was 37,569. Higher then I wanted but we do have a companion pass, so both of us will be flying for 37,569. My son who will be flying on Saturday from SAT to HNL connecting through OAK, his fare was only around 9500pts. He's leaving a day earlier in order to save on pts, if he left on Sunday he would be paying around 24,500 pts.

We both will be returning on American Airlines since I'm spending a couple of days in LA and there was nothing on the day my son wanted to return.

I'm really excited SW is flying into Hawaii since my youngest son and his wife just moved there early December.

Last edited:

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Picked up my tickets this morning from BWI to HNL connecting through OAK. Leaving on a Sunday in May, fare was 37,569. Higher then I wanted but we do have a companion pass, so both of us will be flying for 37,569. My son who will be flying on Saturday from SAT to HNL connecting through OAK, his fare was only around 9700pts. He's leaving a day earlier in order to save on pts, if he left on Sunday he would be paying around 24,500 pts.

We both will be returning on American Airlines since I'm spending a couple of days in LA and there was nothing on the day my son wanted to return.

I'm really excited SW is flying into Hawaii since my youngest son and his wife just moved there early December.

Well, as I posted on the other thread, I also got my flights (finally!) Mine are late June, SJC to KOA on a Saturday was 35,086 points a piece and like you, ml855, I was hoping for a bit better, but with companion pass I can't complain too much. I couldn't book all the way to and from the east coast in one fell swoop, so I ended up doing a handful of one way flights. I did book Hawaiian back to the mainland on our way home since SWA isn't servicing LIH yet and I was short points for one of the legs. I would have had to pay for inter-island for that leg anyway, so that works out just fine.

Happy to have all of this waiting and speculating behind me!

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Southwest should offer some good deli sandwiches for sale on the flights. I would think they would sell pretty well, if they gave you packets of mustard and mayo to go with and not put it on ahead of time. Soggy sandwiches don't appeal at all to me.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Prices were higher than expected when I looked this evening, even with my companion pass but I did get my inter island connectors I needed. :whooopie:Ill keep searching.

I’m new to the points system so I paid on my SW Cc.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Glad we bought this morning when we first heard. Prices have increased rapidly - lots of pent-up demand. Because we weren't ready to book companions because my DH still earning his, we booked separate points fares to hold the seats on the flights. We only need one seat to get the companion booked i.e. may have to book/rebook rapidly if the flight is sold out - gulp!

Still checking AK companion and UAL and their prices are about $200 higher.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Southwest should offer some good deli sandwiches for sale on the flights. I would think they would sell pretty well, if they gave you packets of mustard and mayo to go with and not put it on ahead of time. Soggy sandwiches don't appeal at all to me.

They will not be serving sandwiches. They don’t have the refrigeration for it. In a statement they said they will do two snack services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Glad we bought this morning when we first heard. Prices have increased rapidly - lots of pent-up demand. Because we weren't ready to book companions because my DH still earning his, we booked separate points fares to hold the seats on the flights. We only need one seat to get the companion booked i.e. may have to book/rebook rapidly if the flight is sold out - gulp!

Still checking AK companion and UAL and their prices are about $200 higher.

Which did you get?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
SWA for all.

If AK or UAL prices drop below SWA, we can always cancel and book those fares, however it is difficult to beat SWA companion fare.

We have been unable to find a good use for the AK companion pass this year that beats SWA companion fare to several destinations. For several itineraries we tested, AK is $200 higher. So may drop AK card this year instead of next.

Last edited:

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been unable to find a good use for the AK companion pass this year that beats SWA companion fare to several destinations. For several itineraries we tested, AK is $200 higher. So may drop AK card this year instead of next.

If you have SWA companion fare, it appears the only reason to keep the AK card is for travel to... (drum roll here) ALASKA!