• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timesharing near Texas Panhandle?

bellepepper

Reaction score
So I am located in the Texas Panhandle. Reading from all your advises and posts, it is not really a great area for time sharing. But still I want to go to one yearly. So for the TS that I will rent or someday buy, it has to be drivable. For us, driveable is 8h average and 12h is doable in 1 day. I looked at the timeshare map (which is very helpful, thank you) and I could see we could go to New Mexico, Southern Texas (San Antonio area) or Colorado. I have been looking at the ads here in the marketplace as well as in Redweek (I am just a guest though, haven’t paid anything) and I could not see a lot of for rent for the places that I can or want to go. I know you guys advised me that I should plan ahead for a vacation if I want to do timesharing and to rent first, but looking at what is available, I can’t seem to find available rentals.

Someone has reached out to me about trying World Mark too, and it seems I have read good things about World Mark in this forum. If I go buy, where do I buy WorldMark?

Thank you very much everyone!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suggest you go to tripbeat.com and see what resorts you can "rent" in many locations for less than what maintenance fees might be. Especially if you can travel off season. These are RCI Last Call and Extra Vacations and you don't have to own a timeshare or be a member of RCI. You do have to be a member of AAA or AARP.

taloa

TUG Member
Reaction score
i checked with rci

one must be a member and own a timeshare to qualify for last call--extra vacations aaa of aarp does not make one eligible

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Extra posting, sorry

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Branson would also be available within your driving range, or Hot Springs, AR. Both of these cities have multiple resorts.

Would you possibly consider a two day drive? When we bought, we lived in Ohio and bought St Augustine and northern WI resorts, both which we could trade with but find out now they are actually our favorite places to go so the 2-day drive is acceptable.

Last edited:

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
i checked with rci

one must be a member and own a timeshare to qualify for last call--extra vacations aaa of aarp does not make one eligible

You are correct that you have to be a member and own a timeshare to go through RCI. Tripbeat is different. It has some (or all) of the same RCI inventory but you don't have to go through RCI. Take a look at their website. I think they are affiliated with Endless Vacations. You can search without signing up. I have signed up but I haven't used it yet. It is like AFVClub (for which you have to be a veteran). RCI prices are the lowest, then Tripbeat, then AFVClub but essentially the same inventory. Given this it doesn't make any sense for me for someone to buy a timeshare just to access Last Calls and Extra Vacations.

Just an example:
Villas De Santa Fe, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Checking in March 9, 2018 1 bedroom
RCI $499 Tripbeat $499 AFVClub $499

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are correct that you have to be a member and own a timeshare to go through RCI. Tripbeat is different. It has some (or all) of the same RCI inventory but you don't have to go through RCI. Take a look at their website. I think they are affiliated with Endless Vacations. You can search without signing up. I have signed up but I haven't used it yet. It is like AFVClub (for which you have to be a veteran). RCI prices are the lowest, then Tripbeat, then AFVClub but essentially the same inventory. Given this it doesn't make any sense for me for someone to buy a timeshare just to access Last Calls and Extra Vacations.

Just an example:
Villas De Santa Fe, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Checking in March 9, 2018 1 bedroom
RCI $499 Tripbeat $499 AFVClub $499
Thanks Puppymomma, I didn't know about Tripbeat. My DH is a veteran and it always seemed like there was less inventory there than RCI Extra Vacations, I feel Endless Vacations, RCI 'a rental site is higher.

That said , we have several friends who join RCI and just use the Extra Vacation specials , and they timeshare quite a bit. Often it's cheaper to use a Extra Vacations than to deposit and exchange and some of the specials at $249/week are really great

This would be a nice rental Bell-pepper, and it's cheaper than the unit there offered on TUG marketplace.

It might be nice to try that resort.