• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Trade-Ins, Resort Closings LLC of Walnut Shade, MO, STAY AWAY!

cdn_travellr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Trade-Ins (or Timeshare Tradeins/Time Share Trade Ins)
& Resort Closings LLC of Walnut Shade, MO
timesharetradeins.com
resorttimeshares.net

This appears to be one of those companies that takes peoples' timeshares off their hands (for a fee, I assume) however I was dealing, or should I say attempting to deal, with them as a buyer.

Back in July I spoke with their salesperson Glenn Girard regarding a unit they had listed at resorttimeshares.net that I was interested in. We agreed on a price, and since they had let the maintenance fees get badly in arrears I asked that funds be held in escrow by a closing company of my choice which would pay the fees owed and then pay the balance to TTI. We agreed to a $200 deposit and I had a bank draft drawn up however I asked for a copy of the estoppel letter and the sales contract before I sent the deposit.

Here's where things went off the rails. The transaction was handed over to Spence Willis to complete the paperwork. After several emails back and forth he claimed the resort would not provide an estoppel letter. I contacted the resort directly and asked if this was indeed the case (because I found this strange). They said someone from Spence's office had been contacting the wrong department at the resort. Spence claims this was a lie.

Several more weeks went by and I asked for an update on the estoppel letter. He informed me that the timeshare had just been listed on ebay (!)

In my emails with them there were so many inconsistencies and things that they would ask me repeatedly that I had already sent them the information for. They also could not recall the details of our agreement even though I had it all by email. Nothing added up. They are either incompetent or intentionally deceptive. If you check the BBB you will see they've had quite a few complaints as well. So I would stay as far away from these guys as possible. Luckily I am not out any money but I imagine it could have been much worse.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
What were you trying to buy?

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I started another thread about halfpricetimeshares.com, and eBay id interval_trader. I didn't get any responses, but they just ended an auction where a 4800 HGVC strip package sold for $2600, which would be a pretty sweet deal.

But interval_trader only has six feedback reviews on eBay, so I was suspicious. I noticed that the closing company is called Resort Closing Services, and is based in Walnut Shade, Missouri. So, maybe this is the same outfit? Thought I'd add halfpricetimeshares.com and interval_trader to this thread, just in case anyone's doing a search.

cdn_travellr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm sure it's the same one. When I did a search they came up as being tied to dozens and dozens of different domain names, all registered to the same person so this is likely just one of those URLs.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started another thread about halfpricetimeshares.com, and eBay id interval_trader. I didn't get any responses, but they just ended an auction where a 4800 HGVC strip package sold for $2600, which would be a pretty sweet deal.

But interval_trader only has six feedback reviews on eBay, so I was suspicious. I noticed that the closing company is called Resort Closing Services, and is based in Walnut Shade, Missouri. So, maybe this is the same outfit? Thought I'd add halfpricetimeshares.com and interval_trader to this thread, just in case anyone's doing a search.

Yes the closing company is the same as the timeshare company as it is one of the owners wife Melissa that did the closing for me. I paid for my $12k purchase with an Amex which provided me with some assurance but it did take nearly 3 months for the title to transfer and get access to the timeshare system account that I bought.