• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Televisions

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
The adults with us could do without the tv’s but no way would that work for our grandson. He takes his xbox everywhere we travel. Great entertainment for him.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to be connected to family and the world, whether by TV or Tablet when vacationing, but an old friend still vacations a week or two each summer in a wilderness cabin with water, but no electricity and lit by lantern. I don't think he has cell service either. He and his wife spend the time inside reading. Good for them, but I couldn't do it.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to be connected to family and the world, whether by TV or Tablet when vacationing, but an old friend still vacations a week or two each summer in a wilderness cabin with water, but no electricity and lit by lantern. I don't think he has cell service either. He and his wife spend the time inside reading. Good for them, but I couldn't do it.

I could do that in a second. I am sure there is some contingency for emergency contact if needed. My wife would prefer it. I used to lead Boy Scout High adventure backpacking trips into the high peaks of the Adirondacks. This was before smart phones were common. Video games were the addiction of the day. Some kids would not go to camp or high adventure because of this. More than once I had kids grab rocks and pretend to play a video game called squirrel hunt. It was actually quite humorous. My kids would play mario bros when hiking by jumping from rock to rock.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I enjoy the large TVs, I just don't like the grainy analog cable picture on the high-def screen. We take a laptop along and hook an HDMI cable to the TV and stream our favorite shows in hi def.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
The adults with us could do without the tv’s but no way would that work for our grandson. He takes his xbox everywhere we travel. Great entertainment for him.

But wouldn't it be fun to watch them adjust to a few days without TV? :D

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My kids like most of their friends simply don’t watch tv anymore. They watch YouTube. DH is happy with his iPad. I wouldn’t stay in a timeshare without a tv and yet I mainly listen to audio books.

HGVC in Hawaii does have free redbox with new movies. We do like to watch recently released movies.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
My kids like most of their friends simply don’t watch tv anymore. They watch YouTube. DH is happy with his iPad. I wouldn’t stay in a timeshare without a tv and yet I mainly listen to audio books.

HGVC in Hawaii does have free redbox with new movies. We do like to watch recently released movies.

As you suggest, Jehb2, we will use evenings in while on vacation to catch up on movies we haven't seen as well. After a day hiking, or even just being outdoors, a nice meal followed by a movie is a nice ending to a day.

geekette

Reaction score
I don't care about the tv except that there is one. It doesn't matter to me if it hangs on a wall or sits on a dresser. I was surprised years ago about how upset some around here were that all tvs weren't flat. I would prefer lower maint fees to keep a tv until it doesn't work, flat or not, big or small.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
The bigger the better. My preference would be 65" but I think the biggest I have seen is 55" which is fine. I really wish they all had a dvr. Its nice to still watch my shows when on vacation but I dont want to rush back to the room to make sure I get there in time to watch them. Also sometimes the show times are different in different parts of the country. Missed many shows by an hour.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I like having a decent tv that will connect to my laptop , tablet or phone. Even if I never turn it on its nice to know I can.

Bill

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't care about the tv except that there is one. It doesn't matter to me if it hangs on a wall or sits on a dresser. I was surprised years ago about how upset some around here were that all tvs weren't flat. I would prefer lower maint fees to keep a tv until it doesn't work, flat or not, big or small.

Sometimes it's nice though- like in inclement weather or in the evening and you want to watch a movie- whether on a station, a DVD rental or streaming or whatever.