TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Time of year for new york city?

Discussion in 'US - Eastern States Timesharing' started by JulieAB, Jan 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

1. JulieAB

JulieAB TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Plantation Resort Villas, Lifetime in Hawaii, MROP, Disney's Grand Californian
    We are a family of 4, so I think we'll try for Manhattan Club since it appears to be the only one with some semblance of a kitchen(ette) and we prefer 1 bedrooms. Suggestions for a nice time of year to go, spring vs fall months? Summers appear to be hot and my husband doesn't want to be sticky and miserable while walking around outside to see the sites. We're from Phoenix, so I don't want to have to buy a full winter wardrobe for winter months either.

2. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I would go with Late spring or Early fall- with preference being early fall. Keep in mind it can be windy a lot. Christmas time is awesome- but just way too crowded. Summer is definitely too hot (and humid).
    Bring light jackets, of course.

Weather is so hard to predict. This past year we had nothing but rain in NY all seasons and even now in January!

JulieAB likes this.
  3. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    New York weather can vary by year. Best time would be late May, early June, late September, early October but exceptions can happen. At even these times it has been very hot or very cold.

CalGalTraveler and JulieAB like this.
  4. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

The last few years we've been visiting NYC in early October. For the most part we've had very good weather.

JulieAB and CalGalTraveler like this.
  5. Theiggy

Theiggy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts Aruba Surf Club
    May, early June or late Sept early October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwysonvac and JulieAB like this.
  6. Tamaradarann

Tamaradarann TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Since you are a family of 4 I would assume you have 2 children. Are there any school concerns? That is why most people with kids travel during the school vacation weeks which is Summer, Christmas week, Easter Week, or President's week. Both Christmas week and President's week are too cold for my taste and I would also assume your taste coming from Phoenix. While the Summer can be hot it is not hot compared to Phoenix, although NY does have the humidity. If Easter week is in April like this year that may be your best bet without taking the kids out of school. If school is not an issue then May, Early June, September, early October would be the best choice if the heat is a real concern. We have no kids to worry about, and are from Long Island but we are going into NYC for 8 nights starting on August 29th; we are not worrying so much about being sticky, but Hawaii is our favorite vacation spot so we gravitate and don't shy away from the heat. One of our favorite sayings is that the coldest and most uncomfortable places in Hawaii is indoors, since they usually make it unbearably cold with air-conditioning and we can't wait to get outside in the nice warm natural air.

escanoe, JulieAB and alwysonvac like this.
  7. wackymother

wackymother TUG Member

April is also very nice in New York. Weather can be iffy but usually it's pleasant.

8. easyrider

easyrider TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
    We traded into the Manhatten Club some years back and went in mid September. The weather was nice and I guess the crowds were less is what we were told. It still seemed crowded to me. In the evening we wore light jackets. The one bed unit was nice to have.

But who can tell what the weather will be like on the East Coast anymore. The one thing I did notice in Manhattan was there was plenty of stores in case you forget something. :thumbup:

Bill

mpumilia likes this.
  9. escanoe

escanoe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at the Flamingo, Los Vegas
    Woodstone (Luxury, RCI Points) at Massanutten Resort
    I am likely in a similar boat as the OP. We are a family of four with two school age kids looking to make our first timeshare trip to NYC. We have reservations for three nights over Memorial Day Weekend at the Manhattan Club. I booked last fall when a huge points inventory from MC was placed on RCI. In addition to an RCI points property, I also own Hilton Grand Vacations and want to do a trade into West 57th for a 1 BR sometime, but unfortunately those can only be booked from sparse inventory less than 60 days out for me. I expect MC to get harder to book through RCI now that Bluegreen has taken it over.

mpumilia likes this.
  10. JudyH

JudyH TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We loved Halloween week. The whole city is decorated. It can be cool and once we had big snowstorm.

escanoe likes this.
  11. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook

12. Tamaradarann

Tamaradarann TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

"If Easter week is in April like this year that may be your best bet without taking the kids out of school."

Thanks for supporting my statement about Easter recess being an good time with kids.

13. Bailey#1

Bailey#1 TUG Member

Memorial day weekend in NYC is one of the best times to go, Fleet week could be fabulous for kids!

14. Denise L

Denise L Tug Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Starwood, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
    I like to go in May and October for the least likely weather issues, but it varies. Sometimes in May, it is 85 degrees and everyone is wearing shorts. Sometimes it is raining. In 2018, I was there in March (very cold, 40s and raining), April (nicer but still needed an umbrella, May (not too cold, needed an umbrella), September (nice, needed an umbrella), October (nice, needed an umbrella), and December (low 30s, no umbrella needed, but sooo cold clear and beautiful!).

The key is to bring clothes that you can layer, and an umbrella :).