• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thirteen (13) FREE Spinnaker timeshares on HILTON HEAD ISLAND

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
The golf package gives you free greens fees for 4 players each of the seven days your there. You do pay cart fees which average $35. per person per round. You also receive 1 free hour of tennis for 4 X 7 days on several high end courts.

When my golf friends come to visit, they co-op rent (with wives) at $50./night for a master suite. But they save $45. in greens fees. We play a lot of golf and it works out well for everybody.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
Slow reply to a question------

Week 9 Waterside---- $745.

11 Waterside----$591.

15 Cottages-----$724.

15 Waterside----$763.

33 Waterside----$ 591.

44 Southwind Vil. $794.

45 Cottages------$794.

51 Waterside-----$745.

These MF's HAVE ALL BEEN PAID FOR 2015. If you are interested in owning any of these weeks---- I suggest you rent from me --this year--for the cost of MF's. Then you can better deside if you want it---you will have the option to buy toward the end of the year.

Sound like a plan ??

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I recall that for Waterside, (at least 8 years ago) the golf package only transferred for free from original purchaser to the 1st resale purchaser, after that, there used to be a hefty fee.

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall that for Waterside, (at least 8 years ago) the golf package only transferred for free from original purchaser to the 1st resale purchaser, after that, there used to be a hefty fee.

I purchased resale in 2010 and had the same question at the time. When I called Spinnaker I was told to contact a man named Mark Crossley. I am not sure what his position was at the time but he did reply that my ownership at Waterside did come with the golf & tennis package. I have used it 3 times while there without any problem. I know he requested the unit number and week I purchased in order to answer correctly because he wrote that some ownerships come with the golf package at the rate of cart fees only and some did not.

Hope this helps.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a discussion with Tom Williams,COO of Southwind MGT.--now retired, in late 2013. The feeling at that time was that instead of paying for the golf package for ALL interval owners, they would negotiate a lower price package that would accomodate only those that played golf and actually used the perk. I don't know what last years arrangement was----but I always had the package for myself and my renters. They would be crazy to drop it.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
it's not that they are dropping it, it was the language of the "golf package," which (8 years ago, when I closed on my resale purchase) stated that the golf privileges transferred free to the 1st resale purchaser and then after that there was a hefty fee for transfer to another buyer. I bought from someone who had bought from the developer. So as the 1st resale buyer, my golf package transferred for free. I have no idea if Spinnaker actually enforces that transfer fee to 2nd resale purchasers or if they now just transfer the golf as a matter of course. If you have the golf package, renters and guests get it. RCI exchangers do not get the golf package discounted rates.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto, Elaine. The exact reference you made to the golf package is exactly what I was told when I purchased resale from the original owner. The privileges transferred to me and the ball stops there. :ponder:

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prime weeks are still available.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lots of views. Great locations and times available.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great weeks are fast appoaching. Use my try and buy program. Rent first- and then decide.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PGA Heritage week on HH starts in 15 days. Royal Dunes 3b/3b and Cottages 2b/2b are still available. You pay just the MF's for this PRIME week.

Week 16 gives you Heritage weekend AND 5 more days with free golf. This PRIME week is also available to keep for FREE.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
PGA Heritage week on HH starts in 15 days. Royal Dunes 3b/3b and Cottages 2b/2b are still available. You pay just the MF's for this PRIME week.

Week 16 gives you Heritage weekend AND 5 more days with free golf. This PRIME week is also available to keep for FREE.

What are the MF for these units?

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Currently still available for Heritage week:

COTTAGES- 2b/2b April 11-18. (week 15) MF's $ 724.00. Rent--$700. (TUG rules).

This is a Sat to Sat. so you will NOT have the full weekend of the tournament. This is why I also have week 16 condos available. Some like the action week and watch the final cut on TV. Others prefer to attend the final two days of Heritage and then stay on Mon./Fri. to play golf/beach/dine/shop.

Week 16--

WATERSIDE- April 18-25 -- 2b/2b --MF's $745. Rent--$700. (TUG rules).

EGRET POINT-- April 18-25. -3b/3b--MF's $812. Rent--$700. (TUG rules).

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of my renters is a PGA official who gave me clubhouse tickets for the whole week. In addition to free greensfees for the week, you can now join me for a few days of the tournament.

Still time for Hilton Head.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rooms are still available with free golf and free Heritage tickets.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Heritage for 2015 is over. What an event it was. Hilton Head is really a special place. If you would like to put HH on your travel list, I would love to help. I still have 7 weeks that you could use this year.

2Blessed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heritage for 2015 is over. What an event it was. Hilton Head is really a special place. If you would like to put HH on your travel list, I would love to help. I still have 7 weeks that you could use this year.

Sent you a pm.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most of these weeks are still available. FREE. What week are you interested in ?

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any weeks still available? Anything in 2016? I'm particularly interested in a 3 bdrm.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Egret Point in March is gone. The other 3b/3b weeks listed are still available.

PM me for more info.

stumahlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Egret Point in March is gone. The other 3b/3b weeks listed are still available.

PM me for more info.
I was astonished to learn that Spinnaker/Southwind can accept or reject my prospective buyer and that they also require my prospective buyer to deposit $1500 into a prepaid maintenance account. I've purchased and sold timeshares on the secondary market a number of times over the years and have never encountered such requirements before. Are such requirements legal?

Last edited:

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is legal in most states. As far as rejecting a potential buyer--- they have a right to screen and reject proven financial dead beats and "viking ship" LLC's who take advantage of a free year and then walk.

Southwind requires a photo copy of your drivers license and a copy of a bill showing your current address for their Certificate of Approvel to the closing company. With Spinnaker, all $1500. goes into your escrow account. They also charge $125. for transfer admin. fees.

Coral Resorts on HH require the same $1500.--but-- $100. is for admin., $400. goes to HOA, and $1000. goes to buyer escrow.

Spinnaker has Royal Floridian in Ormond Beach, Fl. The $1500. is NOT legal in Florida under new Fl. law.