TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of selling my Platinum wk - What is it worth?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Robotpedlr, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr TUG Member

Hi,

I have a platinum week from Orlando (SeaWorld). My annual fees (all in - taxes, maintenance, club, etc) were $963 this year.

I have 4,800 annual points (with all the points remaining from this year as a bonus).

What should I look to sell it for and should I go through a broker or just try to sell it on eBay or here? I purchased through a broker several years back and it was a good experience, but not sure what the hit would be to sell it that way.

Appreciate any feedback... not 100% I am going to sell. But my vacation locations vary and i have a hard time using my points every year and just keep pushing them forward.

2. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark, Vistana, Disney, Hilton
    Why did you buy HGVC? Are you trying to book HGVC resorts or resorts in RCI? Maybe we can help.

Based on your previous posts I see that you bought a 1br Plat at Seaworld (4,800) for $3,750 from Selingtimeshares which closed Jan 2015.
    I would ask sellingtimeshare what your week is currently worth and their sales commission fee. They would have the latest info. If you could sell to cover your total cost then that would be a win. Some of the asking prices vary based on the latest HGVC ROFR activity (rofr.net).

This was recently reported regarding seller's fee

3. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr TUG Member

I purchased because I thought I would use it more...but in reality the locations dont always align with my plans. I also thought the RCI thing would be a great option, but I have a hard time finding anything that doesn't look like an 1980s apartment through the RCI link from HGVC... Maybe I am doing something wrong. As an example, I am looking at Italy (Rome) next summer and dont see anything on RCI at all in that area.

Your comment about reaching back out to the broker I purchased from to see the value, is a good suggestion...thanks

4. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr TUG Member

To follow up, I did reach back out to Sellingtimeshares and will probably list through them to make it easy.

Looking at my needs I probably should have bought an every other year option, I like HGVC, just dont consume my 4,800 pts every year. If I had 4,800 every other, I would probably be better off....

Panina likes this.
  5. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin, Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, Sunrise Bay &Club, Hideaway Sands, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Same here, too many point now accumulating. Deciding which one to let go of, love them all.

6. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    You may consider selling (via transfer to another hgvc owner) some of your points.

Panina likes this.
  7. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr TUG Member

Yeah, would definitely consider that. How does that work. That would solve my problem for years that I dont need them (like this year).

8. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark, Vistana, Disney, Hilton
    Yeah as you have discovered, you’re not going to find a timeshare at every location that you want to visit or if there is a timeshare it may be very hard to get an exchange.

Some destinations will be harder to exchange into than others. It depends on supply and demand. With exchange requests, it's best to be as flexible as possible on your requested unit size and travel dates and even then you may not snag a week at your requested resort.

With RCI, it's also wise to always research the properties that are listed in the RCI Directory to make sure it meets your vacation needs in terms of location, quality, amenities, etc. Depending on the RCI choices, you may decide to visit this location via some other means (hotel/resort stay, etc).

This was posted in another thread regarding timeshares in Europe
    Here are some old RCI threads you might find helpful

You really should use HGVC primarily for stays at HGVC resorts.

Also keep in mind with HGVC you have the option of banking and borrowing. With banking and borrowing you can travel to the HGVC resorts every two or three years to HGVC resorts. This would allow to book a longer stay, a larger unit size and/or a better unit type.

9. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    It is basically a direct transfer between two members (3-way call with the club to make it happen). So, you and another member agree to some mutual terms. Here is a thread discussing it. (https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/transferring-points-from-one-member-to-another.272340/). Until this thread, I didn't think that it was allowed. But I see on the FB for HGVC that people there have mentioned it. So basically, I don't know how long this have been happening. It isn't addressed in the rules.

10. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

I have friends that have been doing this for a couple of years now. I don’t know how they make the transfer, but they transfer when unused points are needed.

11. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr TUG Member

Thanks for the feedback. Just posted an inquiry on FB for the 4,900 points I available.