• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thinking of rescinding

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finally made it to 5* by upgrading an SVV to WSJ-CV for $19K and retro'ing another SVV with a purchase of another WSJ-CV for $25K. I've always wanted to own in WSJ since it is almost impossible to exchange there but now I'm having 2nd thoughts since the MFs there are high. My plan was to rent out the units when I'm not using it but WSJ does not seem to command a good rental value based on the threads I've read. Should I just rescind both purchase, or rescind one and find another SVN unit with lower MF? Thank you in advance for your response. Dazed and confused in Maui :confused:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I am confused - you mention WSJ-CV (Coral Vista phase) - are you sure this isn't the BV (Bay Vista) phase? I did not think that CV was in sales yet - while BV is still being sold, CV hasn't even broken ground yet.

Renting WSJ is highly dependent on time of year.

Last edited:

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought CV was in active sales starting October but only avail at WSJ?

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
David--- since I don't know much about WSJ---- Would my friend Bob's week be of interest to this gentleman ?

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finally made it to 5* by upgrading an SVV to WSJ-CV for $19K and retro'ing another SVV with a purchase of another WSJ-CV for $25K. I've always wanted to own in WSJ since it is almost impossible to exchange there but now I'm having 2nd thoughts since the MFs there are high. My plan was to rent out the units when I'm not using it but WSJ does not seem to command a good rental value based on the threads I've read. Should I just rescind both purchase, or rescind one and find another SVN unit with lower MF? Thank you in advance for your response. Dazed and confused in Maui :confused:

I'm sure more experienced Tuggers will have better advice than me, but from reading your other post on the CV thread, I'll offer my opinion. Your Gold Plus week probably won't rent well based on what I've read.

What was your end goal? Did you do this to get into WSJ and get 5*? How many SO did you requal? Would you plan to go to WSJ twice a year or were you thinking of combining both your points packages for a longer stay? Would it have been possible to purchase the plat plus week and requal a 148k or 196k week and still get you to 5*? My thought being that you could rescind, think about it, and then if you wanted to do a simultaneous upgrade and requal, find a week with a lot of SO to do so. Then you'd get plat access (or gold if you wanted) and requal a week and get 5* for about half of what you spent. I guess it really depends on how often you see yourself going to WSJ, how much 5* is worth to you, and if you were trying to stay for more than a week or if you were planning to book the weeks separately (I'm assuming from your other post you could pool all your points for one reservation since they're both in resort season?).

From what I've seen from ads on TUG, redweek, ebay, etc., gold plus season wouldn't cover your MF. My guess is that your plat plus week would rent well if you wanted to rent it.

EDIT: just reread your other post and realized you bought plat and not plat plus. While I still think you could rent it, it would not be as easy perhaps. I'm sure you read the other WSJ posts recently about renting. I rented a 2br for $2500 last summer - people were renting between $2300-2500 when I was looking, week 32. Not sure what CV MF are so hard to say but I would think you'd at least break even and perhaps be ahead a few hundred.

Last edited: