• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The SR-71 Blackbird's Ultra-Secret Successor May Scream Across the Sky Sooner Than Expected

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The SR-71's Ultra-Secret Successor May Scream Across the Sky Sooner Than Expected
By James Clark/ Task & Purpose/ Military & Defense/ Business Insider/ businessinsider.com

"The successor to Lockheed Martin’s SR-71 Blackbird, the Mach 3 long-range recon aircraft that once tore across the skies like a Cold-War era arrowhead before its retirement in 1999, may be inching closer toward reality.

According to Aviation Week, a handful of visitors to the SAE International Aerotech Congress and Exhibition at Fort Worth, Texas, this week reported catching glimpses of a “demonstrator vehicle” believed to be linked to the proposed replacement: the SR-72...."

739446-840x420%201.jpg

The original trio of SR-71 "Blackbirds" loaned to NASA by the U.S. Air Force for high-speed, high-altitude research line the ramp at the Dryden Flight Research Center in Edwards, California. DoD

sr-71ainflightnearbealeafb1988-840x420.jpeg

SR-71 Wikimedia Commons

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Rumors of Secret Warplanes Preceded SR-72 Reveal
By Kyle Mizokami/ Military/ Warrior/ scout.com

"Lockheed Martin’s 2013 announcement of a proposed SR-72 reconnaissance and strike drone comes against a backdrop of decades of rumor about a replacement for America’s high-speed SR-71 spy plane. The SR-72 reportedly appeared for the first time in plain view in July 2017.

Since the early 1990s, there have been reports of mysterious sonic booms, unidentified aircraft sightings and a mysterious aircraft on a wall chart at Lockheed Martin.

The existence of an early replacement for the SR-71—which was permanently retired in 1998—has never been verified. Aviation buffs call the apparently mythical plane Aurora. It’s the Bigfoot of the aviation world...."

6_7743564.jpg

SR-71 at the National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. (Photo: Matthew Straubmuller/Flickr photo, 247Sports)

Richard

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be following this story closely as a big time AvGeek.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
"proposed SR-72 reconnaissance and strike drone"

Is this going to be a totally pilotless plane (i.e., drone)?

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be following this story closely as a big time AvGeek.

My son & I had the distinct pleasure of meeting and talking with one of the pilots of the SR71 Blackbird at an EAA Airventure a fews years back in Oshkosh, WI. Major Patrick Halloran. Maj. Halloran explained that earlier in his career, he had also piloted the U2, flying missions over Cuba. My son & I hung on every word that came from this great man, and the stories he shared with us were nothing short of mind blowing.