• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody who has cancelled a reservation has received extra points back? We know that was a trigger for this wonderful new website. Have they managed to fix that or is the problem still present?

AND if they did fix it would it be possible to retrofit the fix to the old system and switch back?

The extra points thing was not the "trigger" for the new website

The new website has been something that Wyndham was working on for the last 10 years. The "trigger" if that's what you want to call it was Geoff Richards' promise at the last owners meeting that it would be up and running by this years meeting

The extra points thing was the "trigger" for the suspensions that happened last August. In my opinion the reason so many of the suspended accounts took so long to resolve is that Wyndham expected (hoped) that the extra points thing would be solved by the new website

Having said that, your question is a good one. "Did Voyager" correct the extra points problem?"

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
They are still manipulating point balances.

Last week I noticed 24,000 extra credit pool points expiring Jan 2020 (with it's own date range) and 62,100 extra points expiring at the end of 2017. A couple days before the old system shut down, I booked reservations using all my 2017 points... including what I received from the use-year alignment of one contract a few days prior.

As of yesterday, the 24,000 credit pool points were gone... the 62,100 points that expire in December are still sitting there.

I haven't canceled or booked anything since the new system went live.

I won't bother to call... I'm afraid they may lock my account until they figure out what happened.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I pay 1800 a month on three million points and I haven't been able to book crap. I'm pretty feed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you still completely frozen -can't make reservations online or by phone or any other transactions or can you just not log onto the new site- I hear there are still some owners in that boat? If frozen how long has it been going on- last August or has it been more recent? You said in another topic that you hired a lawyer and feel like you are the only one willing to fight. If you are frozen then there are probably only a few hand full that are in the same situation as you. Most are not affected so profoundly and it isn't worth the expense to fight. The ones that are frozen are I imagine fighting or at least negotiating with Wyndham. Perhaps their attorneys have advised against posting too much on social media.

time4share

Reaction score
Are you still completely frozen -can't make reservations online or by phone or any other transactions or can you just not log onto the new site- I hear there are still some owners in that boat? If frozen how long has it been going on- last August or has it been more recent? You said in another topic that you hired a lawyer and feel like you are the only one willing to fight. If you are frozen then there are probably only a few hand full that are in the same situation as you. Most are not affected so profoundly and it isn't worth the expense to fight. The ones that are frozen are I imagine fighting or at least negotiating with Wyndham. Perhaps their attorneys have advised against posting too much on social media.

You may be right about the posting. Yes I hired Finkinbinder out of Branson Mo. he is our company attorney. I am sending the letter out the end of this week to Kim Thompson head one in charge of deeds and transfers. Also Bill Dollar head CFO in Las Vegas. I had better get results. Funny the financial side of there system seems to still work properly to deduct mfees.

Reactions: Tia

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
On frozen accounts were the reservations on those accounts put back into inventory or were they just in limbo the whole time your accounts were frozen?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
On frozen accounts were the reservations on those accounts put back into inventory or were they just in limbo the whole time your accounts were frozen?

My reservations weren't affected during the time my accounts were frozen. I could cancel and I could add guests names

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues this morning? I can begin to book but once I hit book the reservation I want it just loops. So irritating. Tried chrome and safari. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Anyone else having issues this morning? I can begin to book but once I hit book the reservation I want it just loops. So irritating. Tried chrome and safari. Anyone else?

I am seeing the same issue as you. Once I hit book, it spins for awhile then the circle of patience goes away, and I'm still sitting on the same screen.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And isn't this just nuts? Over 3 months after the deployment and what has improved? An auto upgrade here and there?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. But they prioritized implementing the auto cancel feature within 48 hours if no guest fee paid. What a messed up list of priorities based solely on greed.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had overlapping reservations cancelled after 48 hours when they didn't put different names on them? I have noticed the message about adding the guest certificate starting to show up this week, but always ignore it. None of my reservations has been cancelled so far.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received this email a couple days ago...

This email is a courtesy reminder that you have two or more reservations confirmed for the same time period under the same name. In accordance with the updated Guest Confirmation Policy set forth in the 4/20/17 Supplement to the 2014-2015 CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Resort Directory, it is required that a Guest Confirmation be obtained for any unit you will not be occupying yourself.

Your reservation(s) will be cancelled on Sept. 5, 2017 if a Guest Confirmation is not added by 11:59 p.m. Sept. 4, 2017. Please visit myclubwyndham.com to update your reservations by adding a guest name to any additional units currently reserved for the same time period. We strongly recommend you take immediate action so your reservations are not at risk for cancellation.

If you have questions, please visit myclubwyndham.com or contact us at 800-251-8736Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. ET.

We thank you for being a valued CLUB WYNDHAM Plus member.

Sincerely,
Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Family

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score

Same thing here...frustrating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called in. They were able to make reservation. But acknowledged there is an issue. Ticket submitted. I needed to buy points. Should be $8 per 1,000. They charged $10 because I called in. Even though they acknowledge the website wasn't working correctly. Gotta love the greed

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called in. They were able to make reservation. But acknowledged there is an issue. Ticket submitted. I needed to buy points. Should be $8 per 1,000. They charged $10 because I called in. Even though they acknowledge the website wasn't working correctly. Gotta love the customer service.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

I had this issue last week while trying to book a Spring Break 2018 Emerald Grande. Spinning circle, then stop and still on same page. Tried booking Avenue Plaza, it worked fine. Then retried Emerald Grande, spinning circle, but couldn't book. Called and they had no problem seeing and booking the week/unit I wanted. They wrote a ticket to send to IT, I have heard nothing back.
But got the Spring Break week at least!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Has anyone had overlapping reservations cancelled after 48 hours when they didn't put different names on them? I have noticed the message about adding the guest certificate starting to show up this week, but always ignore it. None of my reservations has been cancelled so far.
I've had overlapping reservations and gotten the warning. I don't leave them sitting there, I add a guest or a different owner name (or cancel the one I care the least about). I would think sooner or later, they'll start cancelling the reservations. I haven't had anything cancelled, yet, I'm not chancing anything.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had overlapping reservations and gotten the warning. I don't leave them sitting there, I add a guest or a different owner name (or cancel the one I care the least about). I would think sooner or later, they'll start cancelling the reservations. I haven't had anything cancelled, yet, I'm not chancing anything.
Has anyone else received an email about overlaps like I did? (text of email in earlier post)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Has anyone else received an email about overlaps like I did? (text of email in earlier post)
I have not. I got them all the time in the old system (last email I got about cancellations due to overlapping reservations was early May).

I've had overlapping reservations since May 18, but fix them (usually pretty quickly when I see the alert). Although I did let one sit overnight, last night, and did not receive an email like yours)

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes. I got the same exact email with the same drop dead date. At login I also got the same warning without being told the cutoff date. It did give me the confirmation numbers that were in violation. I don't want to purchase guest confirmations at this point for reservations 90 days out. So I switched the owner name on the impacted ones. That cleared the warning. I actually am testing the system (it's a bit of a risk but one I can take). By that I mean I placed the reservations in question under my wife's and daughter's names, where I already have reservations for the same dates. If they get cancelled I will be okay (one bedroom units). Thought it would be a good test to see if the algorithm catches the new violation. And if I get another warning or if they just get cancelled.

I will post the results.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. I got the same exact email with the same drop dead date. At login I also got the same warning without being told the cutoff date. It did give me the confirmation numbers that were in violation. I don't want to purchase guest confirmations at this point for reservations 90 days out. So I switched the owner name on the impacted ones. That cleared the warning. I actually am testing the system (it's a bit of a risk but one I can take). By that I mean I placed the reservations in question under my wife's and daughter's names, where I already have reservations for the same dates. If they get cancelled I will be okay (one bedroom units). Thought it would be a good test to see if the algorithm catches the new violation. And if I get another warning or if they just get cancelled.

I will post the results.

I hope that there will not be a violation if the three reservations are in 3 different names

time4share

Reaction score

I will post the results.

Good luck. I'm still so discussed with this NEWwebsite.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope that there will not be a violation of the three reservations are in 3 different names

This is for my big annual reunion at Bonnet Creek over thanksgiving. I have several reservations under different names. But all the one bedroom units were under my name. Now I have two of them under my wife's name and two under my daughters name. It cleared the warning. If they get cancelled I will let you know. And if they slide by I will also let you know.