• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Conspiracy theories assume that there is a unified concerted plan . Anecdotal comments on TUG re: Wyndham generally do not support the idea of " one thought / one plan "

Maybe someone in management at Extra Holidays has a bonus clause in their contract based on the EH unit performance . Maybe that person is pushing to grab more units due to the current "circumstances" and the "rest" of Wyndham hasn't figured it out ( yet)

How is that - for a crazy theory .

How long before someone suggests we all believe some philosophical theory with "razor" in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happyhopian

Reaction score
so what happens inside 30 says when a cancellation happens. will it go to the first platinum owner on the list? or will it go to the VIP (silver, gold or platinum) who was the first to request it?

I waited to respond because I had a call scheduled with my friend triage person this afternoon to continue trying to resolve my negative point issues. In that call I asked them your exact question and I got the same answer I've been getting from Owner Care. Inside 29 days when all levels have been opened for upgrade - it will be in order of upgrade request only. Before the 30th day it is based FIRST on VIP level going, plat, gold, silver and then by date the upgrade was requested NOT the date booked (it could be the same but he made a point of saying it was the date of the upgrade request). So reading into this - if a gold and plat both request upgrade on the same exact moment, then plat would get it first. When the plat window opens, it will be all the platinum folks until upgrades are exhausted, then the gold by date/priority, then silver when their window opens by date priority.

ALL of this is subject to change and he told me that upgrades were not working as they are supposed to because there are inventory problems at many resorts. Heck they may scrap the whole thing....just wishful thinking :)

happyhopian

Reaction score
So if availability is entirely gone for some, and availability is WAY down for Craigslist (33% of the units compared to this time last year), and EH inventory is UP, what other conclusion can be derived? I hate to admit it, but the conspiracy theorists may be right. The anecdotal evidence seems to support the contention that the new website allows EH to cherry pick the prime reservations. And that would appear to dispel the notion that the evil megarenters were the reason the typical owner could not get a room at Glacier Canyon during summer time, or other resorts at their peak appeal time.
The mega renters were gobbling up inventory and keeping Wyndham from gobbling it up at 60 days. As the mega's cancelled/upgraded or trashed theirs the rest of us had opportunity to get some. Now with less action from the MEGA's, Wyndham can get all they want...now go ahead and tell me more about how they can only get inventory inside 60 days.

Wyndham has already said that they wanted to make more prime booking available, we just didn't know they were trying to make them available through EXTRAHolidays

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't claim to have the level of knowledge as the others on this site and I may be completely wrong in my understanding of the "rules". However, to the best of my understanding, owners are to have access to the inventory until 60 days out except for the units still owned by Wyndham. Then, at 60 days, Wyndham can take the inventory up to 90% of what is left. Glacier Canyon units during the summer book up by 7:03 am at 10 months out after that one can only hope to catch cancellations. I absolutely believe some owners have many points and rent many rooms and I have no problem with that. I do have difficulty imagining that these owners are sending the units to EH. I understand Wyndham may still have some developer units but I would be surprised if they still own that many units.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And that is the REAL reason the new reservation was developed and brought online ... for July 4 and the summer season for EH...IMHO. And it will add WAY more new inventory to CWA ... for free. And without ARP by deeded owners, it will be easy for Wyndham to prove ... lots of empty units for the CWA owners... just it will be the inventory with low demand or HIGH points value.

Can't "cheaply" build more beach front units in Pompano or Myrtle Beach; have no interest in 20 year leaseholds (have to acquire NEW units to replace those in 20 years). Eliminate the C/R action ... grab the more EH inventory 'legally', less reimbursing the trust for WAY fewer discounted VIP reservations, AND the final benefit for Wyndham, the older VIP owners turn their CWP deeds back to Wyndham ... only to be put into the CWA's "soup of deeds".

If the deeded CWP owners of a resort got together, could those owners 'partition' CWP for their own version of a MINI-CWA of their own?

My best resort to do that on: Royal Vista ... 93 units in total; all CWP points ... but Wyndham is starting to send deeds into CWA.

Vera Brazo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Blvd
"Not Requested" Means that you did not Opt in for auto upgrade.
How do you request upgrades? I tried to call but the wait is over an hour. All my reservations were made before the new system. Thank you

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
EH inventory is WAY Up. And according to a salesman spiel last year (read with fair warning), the old (current for that time) website did NOT allow EH to grab inventory prior to 60 days. The only way he said inventory could be controlled was if the local resort entered a "hold" on reservations due to cancellations. This was supposed to be used for only maintenance issues, but he said they did it all they time for EH (he was at Bonnet Creek).
You and happyhopian have posted that EH couldn't grab cancelled reservations in the old system.
I'm not buying that. If the resorts can put a hold on cancelled reservations. Wyndham sure as hell could of also.
Who do you think the resorts get their info from and answer too ?
You want to talk conspiracy theories. In my opinion that would be the biggest one if you believe Wyndham and EH didn't have access to cancelled reservations with the old website

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You and happyhopian have posted that EH couldn't grab cancelled reservations in the old system.
I'm not buying that. If the resorts can put a hold on cancelled reservations. Wyndham sure as hell could of also.
Who do you think the resorts get their info from and answer too ?
You want to talk conspiracy theories. In my opinion that would be the biggest one if you believe Wyndham and EH didn't have access to cancelled reservations with the old website

I'm just telling you what I was told. You are free to not believe it. The current events suggest that there is reason to at least consider believing it. But you know the old saying "a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is determined to get their greedy hand on all choice cancellations just as they are determined to get their greedy hands into your pockets, purses, wallets, bank accounts, etc.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm just telling you what I was told. You are free to not believe it. The current events suggest that there is reason to at least consider believing it. But you know the old saying "a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Just for that, I'm going to whip one of those philosophical razor things on you!

That would require an assumption that Wyndham has a level of competence heretofore not demonstrated. [Occam's You Know What]

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off phone with Customer care about ownership issue and as we were talking they mentioned that for months all sales closings are recorded (customer signs consent), and when he gets a recind request they can pull the tapes to resolve the dispute, eliminate the bad apples in sales etc.

Given some of reports lately this either isn't universal or not effective.

Thoughts.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for that, I'm going to whip one of those philosophical razor things on you!

That would require an assumption that Wyndham has a level of competence heretofore not demonstrated. [Occam's You Know What]

Well played sir. Well played.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Just got off phone with Customer care about ownership issue and as we were talking they mentioned that for months all sales closings are recorded (customer signs consent), and when he gets a recind request they can pull the tapes to resolve the dispute, eliminate the bad apples in sales etc.

Given some of reports lately this either isn't universal or not effective.

Thoughts.

When we purchased with developer in 2016, they were already recording the closings. What needs to happen, is that all of the actually sale needs to be recorded to get rid of said bad apples. Otherwise the situation is as follows... I don't know what she/he is talking about, when they say the sale rep said so and so, they never said anything me when signing the documents and we have proof.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
For the past 6 sales meetings I have attended it was for learning Voyager at their insistence and each time they only said in order to lower my fees I would have to PURCHASE CWA Finally in June and they asked me about how my presentation on Voyager was I told them it wasn't up. Their boss came to ask me and then called sakes and they said when the computers were up they would call me which never happened. I wrote corporate two years ago and said wyndham's problem is sales,check in and parking can not speak to each other hence why we owners get the shaft.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
I see the website was offline for a while overnight and now is not working right. Sometimes I think the more they try to fix stuff the worse it gets. Every time I try to search it goes back to the previous page or I get a blank page :(

griffir1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have questions about TPI and want to book a club pass vacation but I don't have an hour and a half to wait on hold - so frustrated - I'm retired now but three years ago was the manager of a web development team and I can tell you this web redesign sucks - you should be able to find anything on a website intuitively within 2-3 clicks - not on this website. It is a horrible design and has bugs that Wyndham is not accepting responsibility for. I'm extremely disappointed in how bad this site is.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been almost 2 months and the website is still working the same as it was the day they launched it...what's up with that? I thought it was supposed to get better.

Reactions: Tia

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It has been almost 2 months and the website is still working the same as it was the day they launched it...what's up with that? I thought it was supposed to get better.

Get better.... as in "you better get used to it"....

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Get better.... as in "you better get used to it"....
Yes, I'm waiting to see if my website recognizes me as silver VIP and I can continue to c/r as always since I paid deadly for that privilege that others bought for pennies.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm waiting to see if my website recognizes me as silver VIP and I can continue to c/r as always since I paid deadly for that privilege that others bought for pennies.

No need to wait

The point of the new auto upgrade feature, if they ever get it working is to make it impossible to cancel and rebook as before

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another agree with you. I have booked 1br deluxe for my last 3 vacations so I will soon know.