• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

dghenri

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
If that's exactly what Wyndham intended. Why are we all going through this mess with the new website ?
I was told that the cancel and rebook was rarely used which I found hard to believe as it was pitched to me at many an upgrade sales meeting. Their rep told me that they wanted to make the majority of their owners happy giving them a better mechanism to get a upgrade. Although VIP members including myself who used the C/R method are casualties of auto upgrade they could care less. He suggested that I buy more points, go Presidential, to solve "my problem".

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
AT this point, Presidential won't solve your problem..

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
That is who they are, as soon as you think you can believe them "they got you". Presidential will give you an opportunity to book Presidential units that might not otherwise be available to Platinum or below. Before we became Presidential Reserve, I ungraded to PR almost every time we visited Bonnet or Canterbury, but that was on the old website "The one that worked".

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I was told that the cancel and rebook was rarely used . . . . <snip> He suggested that I buy more points, go Presidential, to solve "my problem".

Considering the total number of reservations made by all owners, it is conceivable that cancel and rebook was "rarely used." But that is only because a relatively small percentage of owners were eligible for discounts. Among VIP owners, the percentage of reservations canceled and rebooked would soar. For me, it was 100%. I canceled every reservation in an attempt to rebook it. I lost one now and then.

As many here will attest, every problem with a Wyndham account can be solved by buying more points. That is the answer to everything.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I spoke to the vacation planning department and they told be that auto upgrade feature would assign the room to whoever requested it first regardless of membership level.

That is not correct. I wouldn't take anything from them unless it was told to me by Owner Care and only if I had two different ones tell me the same thing.

Auto upgrades start inside 60 days for platinum, 45 for gold 30 for silver. Therefore if there is an upgrade available at 60 days it is going to go to the priority booking order of ONLY platinum members until 45 days then it will go to the priority booking order of Gold and Platinum and so on. That has been explained to me my a half dozen owner care reps. Has anyone else heard different from ownercare.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
That is not correct. I wouldn't take anything from them unless it was told to me by Owner Care and only if I had two different ones tell me the same thing.

Auto upgrades start inside 60 days for platinum, 45 for gold 30 for silver. Therefore if there is an upgrade available at 60 days it is going to go to the priority booking order of ONLY platinum members until 45 days then it will go to the priority booking order of Gold and Platinum and so on. That has been explained to me my a half dozen owner care reps. Has anyone else heard different from ownercare.

If the auto upgrade was working, which I seriously doubt it is.

dghenri

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

That makes sense, 60 days for Platinum, 45 for Gold etc. So you are "competing" for an upgrade vs. other members on your level with whoever made the initial reservation 1st getting the upgrade.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
YIKES . . . 70 pages of discussion. I have tried to use the new site twice . . . the first time a couple of weeks ago before our trip to Wyndham Nashville . . . and this morning to research our 2018 use.

I found out WM resorts can't be viewed on the site, so no way to know if I can even get to one with my paltry 77k point contract. Then found out when I called that there is a $99 exchange fee to get to a WM resort.

When I wanted to look at points charts for actual Wyndham resorts, like Nashville, I was guided through the process to get there but then received a "not available" message to which the call center advisor said that I should try updating my browser to the most recent version. Thanks . . . I don't need a tutorial on IT from a call center rep.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to be self sufficient on their website for browsing and booking in the future? <<SIGH>>

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm thinking the same thing - the aggravation with the new website and its limitations isn't worth staying with Wyndham. I love having ARP in Washington DC and at Glacier Canyon, but renting from another Wyndham owner who is willing to put up with Wyndham's BS and their piece of crap website may be the best way to go.

I'm close to being in this spot too. It's hardly worth the headache . . . it was easy getting rid of my legacy fixed weeks with them a few years ago. Maybe time to seriously consider it again.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

so what happens inside 30 says when a cancellation happens. will it go to the first platinum owner on the list? or will it go to the VIP (silver, gold or platinum) who was the first to request it?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
so what happens inside 30 says when a cancellation happens. will it go to the first platinum owner on the list? or will it go to the VIP (silver, gold or platinum) who was the first to request it?

My assumption is that (IF the system is working properly), it's the earliest request of anyone inside their upgrade window. So if someone cancels their vacation at 20 days, that becomes an upgrade for the earliest qualifying request regardless of whether it came from a platinum, gold, or silver owner. So in that sense, the initial assertion ("auto upgrade feature would assign the room to whoever requested it first regardless of membership level") would be correct if it's inside 30 days.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Auto upgrades are not working. I have a one bedroom reserved at a specific resort with a request for an upgrade. I've been periodically checking available for the same timeframe at the resort. At 28 days from check-in there was 2 bedroom available. That proves the auto upgrade isn't working. All the VCs know is what Wyndham is telling them or telling them what to say. Wyndham turned into an untrustworthy company in a very short time. It all leads back onto who is running the company. Wyndham has a "let them eat cake" attitude towards the owners. It's only a matter of time before this all catches up with them. Hopefully sooner than later.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My assumption is that (IF the system is working properly), it's the earliest request of anyone inside their upgrade window. So if someone cancels their vacation at 20 days, that becomes an upgrade for the earliest qualifying request regardless of whether it came from a platinum, gold, or silver owner. So in that sense, the initial assertion ("auto upgrade feature would assign the room to whoever requested it first regardless of membership level") would be correct if it's inside 30 days.

Thats what I think too. So the upgrade benefit hasn't really changed at all ; Subject to availability VIP owners get free upgrades, Platinum owners at 60 days, Gold at 45 and Silver at 30. Whats changed (if they ever can get it to work, is the auto-upgrade feature. You dont have to be online 24/7 trying to grab one. The priority is exactly as you have stated it

"it's the earliest request of anyone inside their upgrade window. So if someone cancels their vacation at 20 days, that becomes an upgrade for the earliest qualifying request regardless of whether it came from a platinum, gold, or silver owner. So in that sense, the initial assertion ("auto upgrade feature would assign the room to whoever requested it first regardless of membership level") would be correct if it's inside 30 days."

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glacier Canyon inventory is back, FYI.

Glacier Canyon units got put back around July 3rd. The only inventory that was available was for after the Labor Day weekend. This would be 60 days from the date the inventory was put back. Now, I fully understand that Glacier canyon books early and I hadn't expected to see a lot of inventory but there is PLENTY of inventory on Extra Holidays for July/August.

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
The user names and passwords that I set up for my husband and son before the change over work just fine. I have had 3 different user names and passwords that work for a few days then quit working. The last time mine quit working I had to call about another issue and the VC took a look at it thinking I had to be doing something wrong. I told him this time the information they had showing just for me had reverted to our old address from when we lived up North and that every time I set up my user name the information they had for me was screwed up in one way or another. When he was done trying a few things he said as long as I could access our account under the under names and passwords for my husband and son just to leave mine alone until things got worked out with the new website so we didn't mess up our account any worse than it already is. He had previously worked in IT somewhere so that was an interesting conversation.

We had our use year readjusted before the changeover. After the "Great Debacle" of May 21 I wasn't able to access our account until the following Friday. Early in June I cancelled a reservation made months ago and it recreated our July 1 use year. I was able to use those points to reserve something else so there are no points in that old use year. But that old use year has locked me out of being able to do anything but rent points. I have been waiting for about 3 weeks to get this fixed.

I also have a reservation they have been working on since June 3rd to get it cancelled and my points back. The person handling that case number called on Wednesday to say they were putting the points back into my account and he did it manually. So now I have points in this use year again but it won't let me use them and because they are showing I couldn't even rent points! Yesterday I spent 3 hours on the phone for them to fix what they fixed the day before. The person in owner care tried everything and I finally asked him to see if it would let him move those points to my 2018 use year. I opened my account to see if it would let me make a reservation renting points and it would. We were both relieved that it worked and I told him that anything is better than nothing. He apologized several times that we have to pay to rent points because we can't use our points and thanked me repeatedly for being so patient and not getting mad at him. He wasn't the one who made the decision to implement the new website and only IT can fix our account so why take it out on him.

I would be much happier if they could give me any idea of a timeframe for when our account issues will be fixed. I don't think even IT has any idea. Anyone have a crystal ball?

Had same issues. Set up 2 user names/passwords for my husband and I. My info crisscrossed to his email. and could only login with his login for the first 3 weeks, BUT was MY NAME on the account. Tried to correct the email online when I was able to get in for those 3 weeks. Now shut out for the last 4 weeks. Have reset passwords. Seems to work then still can't login. Get message "Something is wrong with my login, try again or register for a new one". When I try that says Owner, Me, already has an account.
Called 3 weeks ago, got in less than 5 min, VC only tried to get me to reset the password, then put in a "ticket". Nothing happened, I call again today. Got through in less than 5 min. She got the link to me and the password seemed to reset again, this time with his login. Still no luck. Another IT "ticket" and another round of no ability to login. And she tried to add my email (which I had already tried with the new login registration) got a confirmation email to my husband's that the email had changed, but everything still going to his email. So here we go in a loop again. The website thinks something is wrong with the LOGIN or the Email or the Password, when it (the website) was was screwed it all up in the first place. And still no ability to get into the website 3 weeks later.

FINALLY, the VC on my call today must have gotten the right info on the IT ticket so my husband's info was unlocked and we could make a new Login for him. At least one of us can log in now. Still our emails are mixed up.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glacier Canyon units got put back around July 3rd. The only inventory that was available was for after the Labor Day weekend. This would be 60 days from the date the inventory was put back. Now, I fully understand that Glacier canyon books early and I hadn't expected to see a lot of inventory but there is PLENTY of inventory on Extra Holidays for July/August.
Based on previous comments I made about missing inventory at choice locations & timeframes and Extra Holidays, I rest my case. Wyndham is the fox and availability is in the hen house, and the fox is in the hen house grabbing the good stuff. Why? Because there is no oversight or transparency and a conflict of interest does exists.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is also plenty of Glacier Canyon on Craigslist (33) and Ebay ( 38 most for July and August). I don't think that's Wyndham. The Craigslist ads are down for summer availability compared to what they were. Checking this time last month for July and August there were close to 100 unit dates available as most ads listed 10-12 units/dates per ad.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also plenty of Glacier Canyon on Craigslist (33) and Ebay ( 38 most for July and August). I don't think that's Wyndham. The Craigslist ads are down for summer availability compared to what they were. Checking this time last month for July and August there were close to 100 unit dates available as most ads listed 10-12 units/dates per ad.

So if availability is entirely gone for some, and availability is WAY down for Craigslist (33% of the units compared to this time last year), and EH inventory is UP, what other conclusion can be derived? I hate to admit it, but the conspiracy theorists may be right. The anecdotal evidence seems to support the contention that the new website allows EH to cherry pick the prime reservations. And that would appear to dispel the notion that the evil megarenters were the reason the typical owner could not get a room at Glacier Canyon during summer time, or other resorts at their peak appeal time.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score

There is someone who has a Facebook page for glacier canyon rentals, she has a lot of inventory

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
But is EH inventory up or is it the same? I agree with others that say if they wanted to cherry pick they always could have.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if availability is entirely gone for some, and availability is WAY down for Craigslist (33% of the units compared to this time last year), and EH inventory is UP, what other conclusion can be derived? I hate to admit it, but the conspiracy theorists may be right. The anecdotal evidence seems to support the contention that the new website allows EH to cherry pick the prime reservations. And that would appear to dispel the notion that the evil megarenters were the reason the typical owner could not get a room at Glacier Canyon during summer time, or other resorts at their peak appeal time.
Don't you think some got rented in the last month

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But is EH inventory up or is it the same? I agree with others that say if they wanted to cherry pick they always could have.

EH inventory is WAY Up. And according to a salesman spiel last year (read with fair warning), the old (current for that time) website did NOT allow EH to grab inventory prior to 60 days. The only way he said inventory could be controlled was if the local resort entered a "hold" on reservations due to cancellations. This was supposed to be used for only maintenance issues, but he said they did it all they time for EH (he was at Bonnet Creek).

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't you think some got rented in the last month

Year to year comparison would negate those types of concerns. Same circumstances year over year. This is a recognized standard for comparison purposes for every economic indicator.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Conspiracy theories assume that there is a unified concerted plan . Anecdotal comments on TUG re: Wyndham generally do not support the idea of " one thought / one plan "

Maybe someone in management at Extra Holidays has a bonus clause in their contract based on the EH unit performance . Maybe that person is pushing to grab more units due to the current "circumstances" and the "rest" of Wyndham hasn't figured it out ( yet)

How is that - for a crazy theory .