• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I keep reading about people being on hold for an hour or two. Do you have to wait that long just to speak to someone? Or does that include hold times while they try to resolve your issue?

I ask because I've had an ongoing issue with my account (they canceled my RCI account, yay!), and I've had to dial that number multiple times (options 3 then 2 afterwards, I believe). I've always been able to talk to someone within 5-10 minutes, and usually closer to 5. I am a small peanuts account compared to most here, and other than my RCI issue everything else is fine. I am beginning to wonder if calls from larger accounts with issues are somehow flagged or screened? Just trying to reconcile the different wait times.

I don't think I'd have as much patience as you guys, I'd start cussing and hang up after 30 minutes...

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.............;)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Well Folks, I know I have said it before on this thread, but I have to say it again... I am locked out. I can't count, it is either the 4th or 5th time. It could be conceivable that maybe I keep forgetting my user name and password.. but I don't have to enter it in, it is automatically saved! I am going to presume like I have all the other times, that a contract has dropped. Since every time a new one has come, I have been kicked out of the system.. It is a pattern. For any of those resale-ers like myself, has this been happening to you?

The user names and passwords that I set up for my husband and son before the change over work just fine. I have had 3 different user names and passwords that work for a few days then quit working. The last time mine quit working I had to call about another issue and the VC took a look at it thinking I had to be doing something wrong. I told him this time the information they had showing just for me had reverted to our old address from when we lived up North and that every time I set up my user name the information they had for me was screwed up in one way or another. When he was done trying a few things he said as long as I could access our account under the under names and passwords for my husband and son just to leave mine alone until things got worked out with the new website so we didn't mess up our account any worse than it already is. He had previously worked in IT somewhere so that was an interesting conversation.

We had our use year readjusted before the changeover. After the "Great Debacle" of May 21 I wasn't able to access our account until the following Friday. Early in June I cancelled a reservation made months ago and it recreated our July 1 use year. I was able to use those points to reserve something else so there are no points in that old use year. But that old use year has locked me out of being able to do anything but rent points. I have been waiting for about 3 weeks to get this fixed.

I also have a reservation they have been working on since June 3rd to get it cancelled and my points back. The person handling that case number called on Wednesday to say they were putting the points back into my account and he did it manually. So now I have points in this use year again but it won't let me use them and because they are showing I couldn't even rent points! Yesterday I spent 3 hours on the phone for them to fix what they fixed the day before. The person in owner care tried everything and I finally asked him to see if it would let him move those points to my 2018 use year. I opened my account to see if it would let me make a reservation renting points and it would. We were both relieved that it worked and I told him that anything is better than nothing. He apologized several times that we have to pay to rent points because we can't use our points and thanked me repeatedly for being so patient and not getting mad at him. He wasn't the one who made the decision to implement the new website and only IT can fix our account so why take it out on him.

I would be much happier if they could give me any idea of a timeframe for when our account issues will be fixed. I don't think even IT has any idea. Anyone have a crystal ball?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan,
When people actually doing this 8+ hours a day ... see NO LIGHT in the TUNNEL, I don't think a crystal ball can do anything. Right about now, I am thinking of toothless old witch with a big black kettle of boiling ??? over into the open flame fire ... stirring and stirring to the END OF TIME ... esp at the speed of learning for the Wyndham IT group and the geniuses employed as Wyndham systems analysts who 'designed' this work product.

Wait ... I get it now. Those who can't sell, write code.

Lita

TUG Member
Reaction score
As soon as they announced these changes to destroy the benefits of being a Platinum owner with the new booking rules, I just started counting the days until I can use Pathways. It's not until 2019, but it can't come quick enough. Those who applauded the changes because they thought it would correct the problems of the mega renters should now understand the changes they desired were a big mistake.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
As soon as they announced these changes to destroy the benefits of being a Platinum owner with the new booking rules, I just started counting the days until I can use Pathways. It's not until 2019, but it can't come quick enough. Those who applauded the changes because they thought it would correct the problems of the mega renters should now understand the changes they desired were a big mistake.
Are you sure you want to use Pathways? Why not convert your ownership into a LLC with you as a principal to maintain VIP benefits and sell the LCC for more than Pathways will give you. You have a lot invested so why not recoup as much money as possible. After it's sold add the LCC owners as members.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to use Pathways? Why not convert your ownership into a LLC with you as a principal to maintain VIP benefits and sell the LCC for more than Pathways will give you. You have a lot invested so why not recoup as much money as possible. After it's sold add the LCC owners as members.
One reason may be that VIP without cancel/rebook /upgrade may not be worth anything. The website is bad, but the optimists among us believe that that mess is temporary,
The loss of discounts on every reservation is forever.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
One feature of the new website is the "autofill" when typing the name of a resort. However, it yields some bizarre results.

So, let's say you want Emerald Grande and type, "em" Sure enough, you get Emerald Grande on top but also La Belle Maison, The Mills House, Lake Marion, The Meadows, Club GeoPremiere, and West Yellowstone, Montana.

C'mon, Wyndham!! Is someone who wants Lake Marion really going to start a search with "em"? Is there a term for this in the programming world other than just stupid?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
One feature of the new website is the "autofill" when typing the name of a resort. However, it yields some bizarre results.

So, let's say you want Emerald Grande and type, "em" Sure enough, you get Emerald Grande on top but also La Belle Maison, The Mills House, Lake Marion, The Meadows, Club GeoPremiere, and West Yellowstone, Montana.

C'mon, Wyndham!! Is someone who wants Lake Marion really going to start a search with "em"? Is there a term for this in the programming world other than just stupid?
Well, should I be embarrassed to admit that I am learning when I search what consecutive letters I can type with my left hand, to bring up the filtered dropdown list of resorts?

Since we have to re-enter the Location every time, I use my left hand to type and enter the location so I can keep my right hand free to use my mouse.

"cree" is enough to get Bonnet Creek
"cea" and I can select Ocean Walk
etc.

And that's very kind of you to call that "autofill". I guess it's autofilling the filter. But not happy that no matter what (even if only my resort is showing as a possible selection), I have to select it (that's my right hand's turn to click).

You see, my left does know what my right hand is doing!

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
One trick that I learned works if you are on a PC. If you need to search the same location again, click on the location field and then click the Control key. This brings up the drop-down list as if you had typed the whole thing in. I learned this by thinking I could Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V my location but all I needed was Ctrl.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And I bet my nephews have WAY MORE interest in learning whether the left mouse button can kill the demons while the right mouse button looks around the corner of the building. LIGAFF!

Make the online SYSTEM very hard to use .... thus CHARGE more & higher fees to the end users IF they CALL into have CS do their bookings.... because the owners are OLD, less Gameboy experienced and are not on the system 8+ hours a day.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep reading about people being on hold for an hour or two. Do you have to wait that long just to speak to someone? Or does that include hold times while they try to resolve your issue?

I ask because I've had an ongoing issue with my account (they canceled my RCI account, yay!), and I've had to dial that number multiple times (options 3 then 2 afterwards, I believe). I've always been able to talk to someone within 5-10 minutes, and usually closer to 5. I am a small peanuts account compared to most here, and other than my RCI issue everything else is fine. I am beginning to wonder if calls from larger accounts with issues are somehow flagged or screened? Just trying to reconcile the different wait times.

I don't think I'd have as much patience as you guys, I'd start cussing and hang up after 30 minutes...

The option 3, option 2 is putting you directly into the Owner Care queue, instead of the regular VC queue. The VCs have been slammed, probably because they are working to find reservations using the same website we are. OC calls, if my experience is any indication, can be taken more quickly because they end up referring issues to a "triage" team. Of course if everyone starts using that option directly the queues will grow and... wait times will lengthen there too.

laura123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally got to add my PIC contract. I could add to this year or next year. I chose next year.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
One reason may be that VIP without cancel/rebook /upgrade may not be worth anything. The website is bad, but the optimists among us believe that that mess is temporary,
The loss of discounts on every reservation is forever.

cancel rebook may be dead buy looks like inventory is coming in at 60 day window now. Maybe system was not prepared but eventually will work for most owners

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what to do now.... Ive stopped looking back to the good old days (for me thats pre August 2016)and Im planning for a future without discounted vacations.
What happened in August 2016? I've been living under a rock (or more accurately, I've been sick in bed a lot) and am way behind here.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
What happened in August 2016? I've been living under a rock (or more accurately, I've been sick in bed a lot) and am way behind here.
The great suspensions (of the strippers, rollers, and other "just lucky to be in that bucket" folks).

And in all seriousness, I should have said "Wyndham's inability to accurately manage account balances or be able to audit anything (even to this day) and their knee-jerk reaction by suspending accounts and never taking responsibility".

You've got a lot of catching up to do!

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/account-review-email-accts-suspended.245656/

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
cancel rebook may be dead buy looks like inventory is coming in at 60 day window now. Maybe system was not prepared but eventually will work for most owners
I think some, or most inventory coming back at 60 days are cancel and rebook that don't work anymore.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The great suspensions (of the strippers, rollers, and other "just lucky to be in that bucket" folks).

And in all seriousness, I should have said "Wyndham's inability to accurately manage account balances or be able to audit anything (even to this day) and their knee-jerk reaction by suspending accounts and never taking responsibility".

You've got a lot of catching up to do!

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/account-review-email-accts-suspended.245656/
Ah, I knew that a lot of accounts were suspended last summer. I just wasn't sure what ended up happening.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Glacier Canyon still showing no inventory. :(

Branson at the Meadows is back up though, and I was able to book Branson at the Meadows for July. Interesting enough though, it came back with a match, but I couldn't see the calendar to see what was available and when. :(

Glacier Canyon inventory is back, FYI.

GJWyn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Springs, Waikiki Beach Walk
South Shore, Flagstaff
Canceled reservations not returning to inventory. I booked and canceled a reservation for testing and it never came back. Is Wyndham masking canceled reservations from an account, so you can't cancel / rebook at all? I have tried this with two different resorts, both reservations never came back.

To that point, it would be interesting to see if anyone can see a 2-bedroom presidential reserver (no handicap) for 3 nights starting 7/20.

Also, if it was used for someone elses auto upgrade, never found a reservation that would have matched it.

Cheers,
G

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Canceled reservations not returning to inventory. I booked and canceled a reservation for testing and it never came back. Is Wyndham masking canceled reservations from an account, so you can't cancel / rebook at all? I have tried this with two different resorts, both reservations never came back.

To that point, it would be interesting to see if anyone can see a 2-bedroom presidential reserver (no handicap) for 3 nights starting 7/20.

Also, if it was used for someone elses auto upgrade, never found a reservation that would have matched it.

Cheers?
G
No they are not masking reservations specific to your account - I have verified that. (What location are you booking, I can check, but I've checked on other cancellations I've made)?

I do see lots of inventory on Extra Holidays :) 3 bedrooms at several locations (never before). Interesting that Extra Holiday's can offer an ocean front room at Daytona Beach (and charge extra). As a VIP Platinum owner my ocean front room is not guaranteed.

GJWyn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Springs, Waikiki Beach Walk
South Shore, Flagstaff
No they are not masking reservations specific to your account - I have verified that. (What location are you booking, I can check, but I've checked on other cancellations I've made)?

I do see lots of inventory on Extra Holidays :) 3 bedrooms at several locations (never before). Interesting that Extra Holiday's can offer an ocean front room at Daytona Beach (and charge extra). As a VIP Platinum owner my ocean front room is not guaranteed.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry that was at Clear Water Florida. It was around for at least a week, picked up the 3 nights and then a 4th came in, wanted to rebook but the 3 nights never came back. Tried the 2nd time for testing at Steamboat.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's because the fix is in. When you control all aspects of something you can do whatever you want when there is no oversight - conflict of interest, BAD! FYI: All three bedrooms at Ocean Walk are oceanfront units. . .