• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The House Ate It

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We say "the house ate it" when something disappears off the face of the earth. A variation of that is "the desk ate it". Before we retired I could be working with a client's folder or other piece of paper, not get up, not move from my chair, and I'll be darned if something I was just handling wouldn't be suddenly gone. Like to think of the item giggling in the corner while I tear my hair out looking for it.

Yesterday the new auto registration arrived. 2/3 of the piece of paper is the actual registration that goes in the glove compartment, the sticker for the car takes up the other 1/3. Cliff was standing at my desk about to go out the door to pick up Rx, and I said, wait stick the sticker on the car. I tore along the perforation, leaving the blue sticker right in the center of my desk blotter, as I got up to take a copy of the registration (I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to produce the registration if flustered for having been pulled over, so keep a copy for both cars folded up in my wallet). Back to my desk, hand him the original and start trimming the copy. "Where is the sticker?" "It was right there on my desk when I got up to make a copy, did you stick it in your pocket?" NOPE. GONE. Took every piece of paper out of the trash can, scoured the desk numerous times, looked around to see if he'd picked it up and set it down (dangerous, eBay stuff is everywhere). NOPE, GONE.

I'll wait until next Thursday on the off chance it stops giggling and shows itself, then I'll pay the damn $29 to get a new one which hopefully will be here by the time we return from Hawaii two weeks later. It's always somethin'!!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We say "the house ate it" when something disappears off the face of the earth. A variation of that is "the desk ate it". Before we retired I could be working with a client's folder or other piece of paper, not get up, not move from my chair, and I'll be darned if something I was just handling wouldn't be suddenly gone. Like to think of the item giggling in the corner while I tear my hair out looking for it.

Yesterday the new auto registration arrived. 2/3 of the piece of paper is the actual registration that goes in the glove compartment, the sticker for the car takes up the other 1/3. Cliff was standing at my desk about to go out the door to pick up Rx, and I said, wait stick the sticker on the car. I tore along the perforation, leaving the blue sticker right in the center of my desk blotter, as I got up to take a copy of the registration (I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to produce the registration if flustered for having been pulled over, so keep a copy for both cars folded up in my wallet). Back to my desk, hand him the original and start trimming the copy. "Where is the sticker?" "It was right there on my desk when I got up to make a copy, did you stick it in your pocket?" NOPE. GONE. Took every piece of paper out of the trash can, scoured the desk numerous times, looked around to see if he'd picked it up and set it down (dangerous, eBay stuff is everywhere). NOPE, GONE.

I'll wait until next Thursday on the off chance it stops giggling and shows itself, then I'll pay the damn $29 to get a new one which hopefully will be here by the time we return from Hawaii two weeks later. It's always somethin'!!

It’s on the copier. :)

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My wife and I occasionally put something important away in a new spot. About ten years ago my wife put $2000 in a safe place. We found it last year in the pocket of an old jacket. We went through all of the clothing we hadn't worn for years and found other treasures including about $300. Since the incident the safe place is a safe.

I loose things all of the time. I usually find things all the time too. The one and only time that I left my son at a convenience store on the Oregon Coast is brought up still today. He was nine. My nephews were in the Suburban watching me drive off without their cousin. One nephew waved at him. No one said a word until we got to the beach and I asked where my son was. My nephew said he was at the bait store last he saw. My brother in law happened to stop at the same store to get beer and found my son and brought him to the beach. I was driving back and got a call that all was good.

You would think the women would have found this as funny as us guys did. They didn't.

Bill

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We call it: "The safe spot we forgot"

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It flew away. Seriously, it said...

I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly
I'd fly above the trees
Over the seas in all degrees
To anywhere I please
Oh I want to get away
I want to fly away
-- Lenny Kravitz
-----------------------------------

I need to buy a bowl full of Tiles.
It's a little square thing that you attach to stuff.
Then you can use a cellphone app to locate the stuff.
You can even use it to locate your cellphone...

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My wife and I occasionally put something important away in a new spot. About ten years ago my wife put $2000 in a safe place. We found it last year in the pocket of an old jacket. We went through all of the clothing we hadn't worn for years and found other treasures including about $300. Since the incident the safe place is a safe.

I loose things all of the time. I usually find things all the time too. The one and only time that I left my son at a convenience store on the Oregon Coast is brought up still today. He was nine. My nephews were in the Suburban watching me drive off without their cousin. One nephew waved at him. No one said a word until we got to the beach and I asked where my son was. My nephew said he was at the bait store last he saw. My brother in law happened to stop at the same store to get beer and found my son and brought him to the beach. I was driving back and got a call that all was good.

You would think the women would have found this as funny as us guys did. They didn't.

Bill

When I was a kid the neighbor across the street had been an American GI in WWII and married and brought back to the US a French bride. He had family in the midwest so every couple of years they'd take a road trip from Los Angeles to points east. His wife always sat in the back seat with their only child (even around town, he looked like their chauffer). One vacation he stopped to get gas and did not notice that she'd gotten out of the car to go potty while their daughter slept in the back. She came out of the bathroom just as he drove away and all the attendants tried to help her flag him down but he was gone. It took him over an hour to realize she was not in the car. Mom and I were horrified at the story, my dad thought it was a hoot. I bet she had nightmares for years after that -- her English was still so weak in 1964 (or maybe it was that the French accent was so intense to my ears) that I'm not sure she could've made herself understood in a time of crisis if the folks at the gas station hadn't seen what happened.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
We say that The Tiger is responsible for missing stuff, although he seems to mostly cause disappearance of cookies and leftover pie.

This is happening more often though, so DW and I have taken to telling the other when we put something that is not an everyday item away.

Reactions: DrQ

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We say that The Tiger is responsible for missing stuff, although he seems to mostly cause disappearance of cookies and leftover pie.

This is happening more often though, so DW and I have taken to telling the other when we put something that is not an everyday item away.

..especially if the tuna is missing.....

images

Reactions: DrQ

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I am 100% convinced my car has a secret portal into a different universe, but that's a story for another day.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's in the same place as the socks that go missing from the laundry.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I am 100% convinced my car has a secret portal into a different universe, but that's a story for another day.

I had a USAA annual insurance dividend check in the car with me on a day we had a tremendous wind and I'd already made a stop or two. Check was nowhere to be found when I got to the bank, so figure it had blown into the back somewhere. Next day emptied the entire car (I sold window coverings, so lots of samples), no check. Had them cancel that check and issue another. At least twice a year samples were removed from car if it had to go to the shop, if we needed to put luggage inside, or load extra passengers. One day about four years after the check went missing and car had been emptied more than half a dozen times, darned if the original check wasn't suddenly there. It had come back through the secret portal!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The underwear gnomes are branching out:

Phase 1: steal registration stickers.

Phase 2: ????

Phase 3: profit!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Believe me, we've looked on the glass, around, under the copier even though the sticker "stayed on the desk" during the copying process.

Could it have fallen on the floor and then slid underneath a piece of furniture?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patti has stored several items inside the house in a safe and secure location. Then can not remember where they are. This has happened with her Shot Card and her Washington CCW. We have never found them.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Patti has stored several items inside the house in a safe and secure location. Then can not remember where they are. This has happened with her Shot Card and her Washington CCW. We have never found them.

Years ago when my cousins were still teenagers, my aunt put some jewelry up in a crawl space before going on vacation. Jewels were gone when they came home. Son and druggy friends were accused, and finally an insurance claim was made. Ten years later while having some work done on the house, worker bee came to her with her stash of jewelry from a different spot in the crawl space.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My wife and I occasionally put something important away in a new spot. About ten years ago my wife put $2000 in a safe place. We found it last year in the pocket of an old jacket. We went through all of the clothing we hadn't worn for years and found other treasures including about $300. Since the incident the safe place is a safe....

Is there a problem with banks that we should know about? :confused:

Confession:
Years ago, my DW could not find her keys anywhere.
Finally, she gave up and drove to work with a spare key.
Later that day, at work, I put my hand in my coat pocket.
I returned home before her and hid them in the couch.
When she got home, I asked, "Did you look in the couch?"

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

It is always a good idea to keep some cash in the house just in case you need it. Banks are closed. Power is out (hence no ATM use). Whatever. Think of it as part of your emergency prep. plan.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We each keep go bags by the bed. They include shoes, clothes, etc.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Confession:
Years ago, my DW could not find her keys anywhere.
Finally, she gave up and drove to work with a spare key.
Later that day, at work, I put my hand in my coat pocket.
I returned home before her and hid them in the couch.
When she got home, I asked, "Did you look in the couch?"

The Outer Banks!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We each keep go bags by the bed. They include shoes, clothes, etc.

We should do that here in quake country, but we don't. Several houses ago we did prep a brand new trash can-with-lid to have supplies, but we move every 8 years or so, so those items eventually just got assimilated into the regular household stuff. In fact I suspect Cliff no longer even has a flashlight in his night table. I have one I picked up years ago that is "squeezed" continuously to generate light, hopefully enough to get to the hall closet where we have camping lanterns that might even have working batteries.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Remember the law of conservation of mass and energy?
If a corporal object did spontaneously disappear, it would yield a lot of energy.
This online calculator is based on E = mc-2... www.1728.org/einstein.htm

Example: a 1 oz. object would yield 608.97 kilotons of TNT.
In the absence of an explosion, one may assume that the object merely moved.

Last edited: