• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The District Hilton Club this week

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
At The District this week in D.C. The place is very empty. The concierge desk told me there were only 3 rooms occupied on the timeshare floors. They have started serving breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the evening with drinks. There is no bar tender like downstairs in the Embassy Suites, so just beer, wine and assorted soft drinks. They do actually serve some tasty hors d'oeuvres like the beef empanadas they had last night. There are several attendants to serve you if you need assistance. I was the only one there. Parking is still the atrocious $49 a night. Normally, I would park at one of the Metro Station garages and walk to the resort from Foggy Bottom Metro, but it is just too cold in D.C. this week.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for sharing. The cold weather may be a factor. We are looking forward to a four day visit in May. The lounge sounds similar to West 57t as there is no bar tender but several people available to assist. The appetizers could serve as a light dinner.

Is the guest lounge open to non-owners?

Do you like the property?

We don't plan on having a car. Is it close to the metro to get to DC attractions?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It would be hard to justify a car there! Sounds like Uber/Lyft would even be cheaper than the parking fee + car rental fee.

Kurt

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a 3 block walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro. Not too bad when the weather is good. Since I drive into D.C. from PA, I always have my car with me. Sometimes I will leave it at the Springfield Metro Garage. The trick there is if you get in after 3:00 PM and leave before 9:00 AM the next morning, I have never been charged for parking. It is only about $5 any way, if you do get charged.

The lounge is only for owners. You either go past the check-in area to get to the lounge via some Japanese screens, or use your Gold owners key to enter the lounge directly from the hallway. This week they had some better beer, Yuengling and Heineken. They have usually two hot appetizers, cheese and fruit, chips and dips, coffee, hot tea, lemonade, soft drinks and bottled water. There is also a Nespresso Expresso machine. Non-owners can still go to the regular Embassy Suites free drinks and snacks affair downstairs. In fact I got the card for that one as well and could go to both if I wanted. They have a full bar downstairs and some mixed drink options are included.