• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Definitive Guide to All Airlines Offering TSA PreCheck

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I will just relay my own experience. When there is no dedicated Pre-Check, I get what I call Pre-Check lite (you get a card and you get to keep your shoes on). I show the digital boarding pass, to the TSA agent at the entrance point, put the phone with with pass on it, into the scanner, hand the card to the agent screening and walk through the scanner.
Depends on the airport. I have been through TSA lines (where there was no dedicated PreCheck line) where I had to take off my shoes, remove liquids from my bag, or some combination of the two.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I will just relay my own experience. When there is no dedicated Pre-Check, I get what I call Pre-Check lite (you get a card and you get to keep your shoes on). I show the digital boarding pass, to the TSA agent at the entrance point, put the phone with with pass on it, into the scanner, hand the card to the agent screening and walk through the scanner.

Thanks! I was a little concerned as we are using the airline apps on our phones for our boarding passes whenever we can. Some airlines still print out a boarding pass when you check a bag but not all of them.

We print very few things and were replacing our ink cartridges because they dried out so did a little experiment to see how long we could go without using our printer at home. Turns about if we didn't have to print out boarding passes we could go longer than we thought. Being able to use the apps on our phones for our boarding passes has been great. Our son and DIL have a plan they pay $10 a month for and they get a certain number of copies per month. If you don't use your allotment the balance carries over to the next month. They automatically send you new cartridges, color and black, when it tells them you are getting low. There are other plans than that one but you have to have a printer that is eligible for the plan and might have to have purchased it from Best Buy. We are going to check this out. Using the printers at the timeshares and libraries isn't always convenient.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was two hours late yesterday for my TSA PreCheck interview, but they took me right in for it as a Walk In. Deal done. Now to wait for the KTN, and to find out how Cap One Venture card reimburses the charge, or if it's just automatic when the charge comes in.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I was two hours late yesterday for my TSA PreCheck interview, but they took me right in for it as a Walk In. Deal done. Now to wait for the KTN, and to find out how Cap One Venture card reimburses the charge, or if it's just automatic when the charge comes in.
When I applied for Global Entry, I got my KTN within an hour (by email) after the interview. I was able to use it right away.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I applied for Global Entry, I got my KTN within an hour (by email) after the interview. I was able to use it right away.
In hindsight (always 20-20) I probably should've gone for GE, but since the interview was more inconvenient (2 your drive away) I went for TSA Pre. What's done is done.