• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 25 Best Costco Liquors, Wines & Beers You Should Buy

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
The Veuve Cliquot is very good bubbly for the price. Very, very consistent as well
The La Crema Pinot is very good...a bit higher than I like to pay for table wine thought...
The Kirkland Chardonnay is very good ( I think) especially at the price

One of the best deals, I think (not mentioned) is the Kirkland Speyside Sherry Cask Finish – 20 year.
An amazing bottle of Scotch for the money. Easily a $150+ bottle of Scotch.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco has been my "go to" place for wine for many years. They usually have tasting notes (very important when buying a new wine), and a good quantity of wine for each type.

I'm a "frugal" wine drinker. I bought a wine cellar (around 220 bottle capacity - a beautiful piece of furniture, as well as being functional) and a rechargable wine preservative unit (my "baby aqualung") a couple of decades ago, and I used them for wine "hunting". I have bought an enormous number of bottles of excellent wine from all over the world, and rarely paid more than $11 dollars a bottle.

Here's how I do it. FIrst, I have to have space in the wine cabinet. Then I go and read the tasting notes of the various wine for sale. I never look at the brands, as wine varies from vintage to vintage even at the same vineyard. Then I look to see if the price is acceptable. I then make a list of the wines that meet my price and taste preferences. Then I buy a single bottle of the wine, as a sample. If more than one wine meets the parameters, (which is often the case) I then buy a bottle of each one that meets the requirements, take them home, and have a "taste off". Then (the next day), I go buy a case of the winner(s) and stuff them into wine cellars. Voila! Another few months of quality wine. Plus I get lots of variety - Cabs, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Various blends, Reislings, ect.; as I always swap bottles around as I drink down the supply. I keep a "ready rack" of 6 red wine bottles at room temperature, and each bottle is usually a different wine. . . (I keep a few whites in the fridge, for ready use when I have fish. . .)

I drink a glass of wine a day. . .

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I keep a "ready rack" of 6 red wine bottles at room temperature, and each bottle is usually a different wine. . .

Unless you keep your house at a low temperature, you might try keeping your red wines in your cellar until 30 minutes prior to serving and enjoy the ideal serving temp of 60-70 degrees. It’s a common misconception that the ideal serving temperature for red wine should be room temperature. You might find the 60-70 degree serving temperature brings out the flavor the vintner intended you to enjoy.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
What temperature does 7-11 keep their wine at?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Not mentioned in the article, but something we buy often at Costco is their Kirkland brand premium Golden Margarita. It's ready-to-drink as the tequila is already in it. It's great and only $8.48 for a big bottle that contains several drinks--less than the price of one margarita here. It's really convenient!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Unless you keep your house at a low temperature, you might try keeping your red wines in your cellar until 30 minutes prior to serving and enjoy the ideal serving temp of 60-70 degrees. It’s a common misconception that the ideal serving temperature for red wine should be room temperature. You might find the 60-70 degree serving temperature brings out the flavor the vintner intended you to enjoy.
I would love this comment if I could! My pet peeve is room temperature red wine. It should be served at cellar temperature, not room temperature and in Southern Ca room temp red wine tastes awful, imo.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Btw, my favorite Sauvignon Blanc is the Kirkland brand from New Zealand. And I agree that their Malbec is very tasty at that price point. I might not serve it to company, but it's a great table wine on the weekends.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not mentioned in the article, but something we buy often at Costco is their Kirkland brand premium Golden Margarita. It's ready-to-drink as the tequila is already in it. It's great and only $8.48 for a big bottle that contains several drinks--less than the price of one margarita here. It's really convenient!
And fwiw, it's 12.7% ABV compared to about 8% for Jose's. For those times when convenience trumps making from scratch, it's a winner.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love this comment if I could! My pet peeve is room temperature red wine. It should be served at cellar temperature, not room temperature and in Southern Ca room temp red wine tastes awful, imo.

To each their own. At a glass a day, moving in and out of the fridge while I'm cooking is a bother. Plus, by the time I finish the glass, it will be at room temp anyways. . .

The real question is which should be colder on the table - the wine or the water? ;)

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To each their own. At a glass a day, moving in and out of the fridge while I'm cooking is a bother. Plus, by the time I finish the glass, it will be at room temp anyways. . .

The real question is which should be colder on the table - the wine or the water? ;)
I'm really talking about restaurants. I expect them to get that simple thing right! At home, do what works. I have been known to float a single ice cube in my glass to get the temp right, lol.

And the water should have lots of ice! ;)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Now this post I can agree with 110% Costco Golden Margarita is excellent. This is our summertime drink loved that stuff; until I have to go the doctor for my A1C check.LOL

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do like their small batch bourbon. But our Costco doesn't sell hard booze. Because reasons?!? #thoselawsaresostoopid #notinmyCostco

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
In Oregon Costco can only sale Beer and Wine. We stock up whenever we travel through Nevada or California.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Virginia, Costco can only sale Beer & Wine. That is why we stock up on our booze in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Laws just changed here in Colorado at the beginning of this year. Previously, our Costco couldn't carry any alcohol. Now, we have a full selection of beer, wine and hard liquor.

Kurt