• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 20 Best TV Dramas Since 'The Sopranos'

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The 20 Best TV Dramas Since 'The Sopranos'
By The New York Times/ Arts/ nytimes.com

"“It’s good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that, I know. But lately, I’m getting the feeling that I came in at the end.” —Tony Soprano

You’re wrong about that one, Tony. It may be that no TV show does anything entirely new — change always builds on change. But “The Sopranos” was as clear a marker of the beginning of an era (even if I hate the term “Golden Age”) as anything in TV.

Before “The Sopranos,” yes, TV dramas could take risks (“Twin Peaks”) and tell stories about difficult people (“NYPD Blue”). But after the ducks landed in Tony’s backyard pool in January 1999, an immense flock followed. TV series, we saw, could rely on audiences to pay close attention to a long-running story. They could have high visual and narrative ambitions. They could resist quick answers (or any answers, in the case of the Russian from “Pine Barrens”) and tidy moral conclusions.

If “The Sopranos,” which debuted 20 years ago this week, built the ground floor, this list looks at what TV erected on top of it. These are the 20 best drama series to emerge since “The Sopranos,” arranged in chronological order.

For the sake of focus and sanity, Mike Hale, Margaret Lyons and I limited our debates to American series TV drama. What is American? (Shows made specifically for the United States TV market rather than acquired.) What is a series? (Shows that were meant to continue more than one season.) What is TV? (What isn’t, these days? Anything broadcast, cable or streaming was fair game.)......"

Richard

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty good list. I was very happy to see Battlestar Galactica on the list.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Wow - I saw this list and before I read it, I thought I may have watched about 50% of what I figured would be on the list. Boy was I wrong - a lot of shows on here I have not watched. Guess I have some new material to consider binging.

One I did watch was Breaking Bad - but I just couldn't get past the beginning of season 3 when I tried to watch. The wife (Skyler) was so repulsive and self centered so that it rendered the show unwatchable for me. I always wondered why Walt stuck with her.

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed about the list. Really makes me feel pretty good that I have never seen any of these shows other than "Lost" and even better that I have never heard of many of them.

About the only tv that I plan for is college football, The Last Alaskans and Alone. Local news occasionally. Pretty good place to be. Less tv and more reading and doing.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out Ray Donovan,,,Shameless,,,Seal Team,,Greenleaf,,,and all the Chicagos..(Med, Fire and PD). PD my Fave