• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Terrafugia's First Flying Car Should Finally Go on Sale in 2019

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Terrafugia's First Flying Car Should Finally Go on Sale in 2019
By Jon Fingas/ Transportation/ Engadget/ engadget.com

"Terrafugia's Transition flying car has been in development purgatory for years, but it's finally here... almost. The company has announced that the first production models of the Transition will go on sale sometime in 2019. While that does sound like a long way off, it does provide a more concrete release window than you've had in the past. And if it's any consolation, the finished machine will have some useful improvements in return for the extra months of waiting.

For one, the Transition now drives in hybrid mode with a combination of a conventional gas-powered motor and a safer-than-usual lithium-ion phosphate battery. The throttle now includes a boost option for a brief burst of extra power. Partners Dynon and BRS are providing avionics and a parachute system, while the interior is getting improved seats, an "attractive and intuitive" interface, more luggage space and improved safety that includes better seat belts and airbags.

There are still some mysteries left, including that all-important price. However, the news suggests that Volvo parent Geely's acquisition of Terrafugia might be paying off. The firm now has the kind of material support and connections that it wouldn't have had before, not to mention an extra motivation to bring its flying car to market...."

dims

Terrafugia/Barcroft Cars/Barcroft Media via Getty Images

Richard

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Geez! Just what we need. Cars raining like birds from the sky!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How bad do you have to hate TSA to spend ~$3-$4 million on a 100mph flying car with a capability to carry about 300lbs total.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
How bad do you have to hate TSA to spend ~$3-$4 million on a 100mph flying car with a capability to carry about 300lbs total.

Let me share a secret: Clear

It will make your life wonderful (airport wise) if your airports are served....

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The
Let me share a secret: Clear

It will make your life wonderful (airport wise) if your airports are served....
The only thing this multi million dollar 'flying car' allegedly can do that your basic Cessna can do is use public highways. And the Cessna is proven, carries more people and load for a small fraction of the cost- and I don't know what's meant by 'if your airports are served' comment. If you fly a private airplane into any airport that requires passengers to clear TSA before boarding a commercial flight, you are not exempted by arriving by private aircraft.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
How bad do you have to hate TSA.....If you fly a private airplane into any airport that requires passengers to clear TSA before boarding a commercial flight, you are not exempted by arriving by private aircraft.

So much for being subtle (on my part).

Yes, prior to entering the sterile area of any commercial US airport, you are required to submit to screening. Your method of arriving at the airport--commercial aircraft, private aircraft, plane-car or camel-- doesn't matter. But, in response to your "hate TSA" comment:

Here is one way to make 'clearing' TSA for a commercial flight much more pleasant in my experience.

It is called "CLEAR" If they serve the airports that you use, it is a great service....In my opinion.

CLEAR

upload_2018-7-20_12-0-26.png

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Oh my.

That looks very nice. Very fatal, but very nice.