TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Tapatalk Problems

Discussion in 'About TUG BBS' started by blr666, Jul 9, 2013.

1. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

tis neat, we get a little monthly email statistics thing from tapatalk...apparently more than 700 folks browse the forums using it.

I honestly didnt think it was that popular. :banana:

2. Ken555

Ken555 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis

It's a great app! I'm spending more time on multiple forums now than I was previously...so easy to use. I especially like the proactive notifications on threads I participate in, which I prefer vs email notification.

Sent from my iPad

3. uscav8r

uscav8r TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

The iPad version has a nice feature that brings up the notifications on the unlock screen. Slide across the notification and it will take you right to the app and the that specific message!

I haven't yet bothered to figure out how to get that same functionality on my iPhone...

4. Ken555

Ken555 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis

The notification process is the same on both devices.

Sent from my iPad

5. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

Oooh, I use Tapatalk to read TUG on my iPad mini before falling asleep (no offense!) but I didn't know about the notification features.

Might it be worth a sticky on the "About TUG BBS" thread about how to use/set-up Tapatalk to access TUG via tablet and phone?

6. nomadio

nomadio TUG Member

For the last couple weeks I keep having to login way more frequently than before. Not every time but quite often. I think a recent tapatalk update might be the culprit. Happens with all the forums I view via tapatalk. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

interesting, we havent made any updates to tapatalk in quite some time. or did the client on your phone/mobile device get a recent update?

8. nomadio

nomadio TUG Member

I believe the cause was a tapatalk update and not a TUG update.

9. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Same for me so I switched to the Pro version, it keeps me logged in and remembers my password.

I don’t like the recent changes either, bring back the view that had threads on the left and message on the right, this new message only view has a lot of wasted gray space on both sides.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

10. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

just upgraded to a new version of tapatalk on the server, please let us know if any of you tapatalk users encounter any new or bizarre issues!

11. nomadio

nomadio TUG Member

I'm now having to login on a daily basis when I access TUG BBS via tapatalk. Up until this week it was sporadic but this week it has been every day. I did submit a help request directly to tapatalk a couple weeks ago when this started happening but they have opted not to respond.