• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

valbo97

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving Pono Kai on Weds for Maui- have boogie board umbrella etc for anyone on Kauai. Always leave things at the "towel check out" area at the Pono Kai for other users. If interested leaving at 7;30am to airport weds Aug 19th.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We're at Lifetime in Hawaii (Waikiki) right now and they have a nice collection of items left behind to "play it forward" with other timeshare visitors. We are using beach chairs and boogie boards for our week :)

Troopers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be at Wyndham Wakiki Beach Walk tomorrow (Sept 5)and will gladly take any sand toys. Of course, we'll pass if off to the next Tugger...we're leaving on Sat Sept 12.

Thanks.

tiger1210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving food items

Think of all the stuff you have to eat or throw away before you leave. My wife made me eat 10 plums our last day! There are people who get too quesy or I know about food health issues, but wouldn't be nice to inherit a couple of cans of unopened tuna, or a half bottle of rum? I stayed last year in Breckenridge and when we left we had all kinds of food. I just asked around and I gave what I could do a family still there. Wish we could do this in Hawaii. Just think of the sundries or condiments we buy and can't take back. Would love to set up exchamges for tuggers.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On the occasions when I've rented from owners I've noted that there are often many more supplies in the whole ownership rentals than in timeshares. Almost all of these are items left behind by previous renters.

When checking into rentals we typically find a reasonable assortment of spices, various oils, pasta, canned goods, sugar, flour, pancake mix, rice, cereals, and even occasional partially consumed bottles of liquor.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The units at Maui Hill are fixed weeks and they have what used to be referred to an an "owner's closet". When we were going yearly we'd always check it out to see what we could use (from beach stuff to food). We left several things (like a large spaghetti pot) in there over the years, and usually found them to still be there when we returned.

ahbuhjee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving WKORV - Sunday

Don't have tons, but an inflatable pool toy for a small child, some left over wesson oil, 1/2 a 5# bag of rice.

SusieQ927

TUG Member
Reaction score
At HHV Lagoon 10/31-11/8/09

If anyone has anything they wish to 'share' as they leave,
we'll be at the Lagoon arriving 10/31 and departing 11/8

thanks,

Susie Q

rockyp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui swap

On Maui Oct 24 to Nov 1st. Interested in beach chairs, etc. Will leave for Tug members when we leave. :)

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at WKORV-N - Anyone want our beach stuff?

Sadly, we're headed back home tomorrow and have beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards -- can anybody use them next week? Just let us know!

Pam (and gang)
WKROV-N #7175/76

wheaties

TUG Member
Reaction score
KBV 11/7 to 11/13

Headed to Kauai Beach Villas 11/7 to 11/13. Any possiblity of leftover beach chairs or umbrellas? Will leave behind for the next guy when we move on.

rockyp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving Wkorv Nov 1

Unfortunately have to leave WKORV Sunday 11/1 and have 2 beach chairs, 2 boogie boards and some unused groceries to leave for the next vacationer. PM me.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Headed to Kauai Beach Villas 11/7 to 11/13. Any possiblity of leftover beach chairs or umbrellas? Will leave behind for the next guy when we move on.
Aloha,
There is a closet dedicated to "swapping forward" on the west (far) outer wall of the office where you will check in. Just step out the door toward the tennis court, turn right and walk a few steps.
Jack

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What Jack said - we find great stuff there every year!

One hint - Sat. morning the closet is stuffed full and by Sunday evening, anything good is gone. See what's in the closet and borrow what you want when you first check-in, don't wait, or it will be gone. Just walk around behind the office and you will find an outside door to a closet full of stuff. You don't even have to check it out - just return it before you leave.

Last edited:

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Oahu, at Hilton Hawaiian Village Grand Waikikian Nov 11 - 17 2009.
Would love any stuff, chairs, boogie boards rafts etc. Will leave our stuff if someone wants it

Anyone at HHV now?
Or coming in a few weeks who will want our stuff ??

randkb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone at HHV now?
Or coming in a few weeks who will want our stuff ??

Thanks for the offer. We are at the HGVC Kalia Towers in the Hawaiian Village November 7th to 21st. Are the buildings close? If so, we would be glad to have them.

Last edited:

SusieQ927

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at HHV Lagoon now
leaving Sun

send me a message to my email Susieq927@aol.com if you want to swap stuff, we dont have beach stuff but will have some groceries I'm sure

I cant access tugs while out but can access my email from my blackberry

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone Leaving Anything at Shearwater or Ka'eo Kai?

We'll be at Shearwater Friday November 27th-December 4th. We would appreciate anything being left. Since we check in at the sister resort Ka'eo Kai, we'd be glad to get anything from anyone leaving there also. Thanks!

randkb

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at Hilton Hawaiian Village and leaving tomorrow. We have beach chairs and bus passes if someone is arriving tomorrow.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
We are at Hilton Hawaiian Village and leaving tomorrow. We have beach chairs and bus passes if someone is arriving tomorrow.

If you don't find anyone to give it to you can leave them with the Bell men in the luggage storage area. When we were there I asked them for "stuff" and they gave me a raft and beach mat, I then gifted it to other people before leaving.

jkh43

Reaction score
We will be in Maui from 1/7-1/18 and would be interested in hooking up with anyone who has any equipment, supplies, food, etc. that they might be able to pass along to us.

On a similar note, we may have some things to pass along at the end of our trip if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Kmiller

Reaction score
Maui Jan 20th

I would love one or two boogie boards, beach mats or chairs and an umbrella if someone is leaving them behind on Jan.20th 2010.
I love the idea of swapping!
I can pass them on also to someone travelling to Maui on Jan 25th if I received anything.
Thanks!
Kayla

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi KMiller and welcome to TUG! :hi:

Where are you staying?

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Westin Kaanapali North 1/8-1/15

We will be staying at the resort and would love to pick up an Umbrella, a couple of beach chairs, mats and "stuff" if you are there now. Kiddie beach toys would be particularly appreciated. We would be happy to pass them on to other Tuggers who are arriving on the 20th. Kayla-where are you staying? We can leave pass anything we have with the resort staff with your name on it.

Deb