• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN NEWS: Online booking now available at mystarcentral.com! [+ Resv. rules changes]

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Interesting... Must be a "soft" launch. I wonder if the reservation window opens at midnight Eastern?

***I checked with reservations - yes, it does open at midnight, Eastern.

You use the BETA search tool, and then the option to reserve comes up - [After you click on the reserve link] this is what the reservation page looks like:

Check-in - Fri, January 02, 2015

Check-out - Fri, January 09, 2015
7 nights

Villa 2 Bedroom Lockoff Villa | Oceanview
Result ID
E99Y2Z

This villa reservation is being held for: 5:00

Home
Resort
Usage
Resort Advisory
Occupancy
8 max
Adults*
Children*
* Required Fields

Confirm

I have read and agree to the terms and conditions stated below.
General Reservations Terms

Please note that reservations are subject to all terms and conditions applicable to your ownership reservation rules.
HOA fee disclaimer

All association assessments and dues must be current to ensure reservations are not cancelled.
Housekeeping policy

Your villa will receive a midweek tidy service if you are staying for at least seven nights. If you are staying for more than a week, an additional housekeeping service will be scheduled during the check-in process. Midweek service is not provided for stays less than seven nights. Additional housekeeping services are available for a fee. Additional housekeeping fees will be automatically charged to your villa folio for the second or more reservations (based on transaction date not arrival date) within a single Use Year associated with a single ownership interest.
Reservations Cancellation Policy
Effective January 1, 2014

Starwood Vacation Network reservations may be cancelled by notifying Owner Services by telephone prior to the check-in day of the assigned reservation. Reservations may be cancelled within twenty-four (24) hours of making the reservation without payment of a cancellation fee unless the reservation was made less than sixty (60) days prior to the confirmed arrival date. Reservations made within 60 days prior to arrival will be restricted to reserving within 60 days of arrival, and will receive a 24-hour grace period before penalties are applied

Reservation cancellations are subject to the following fees:
» If cancelled with greater than 60 days prior to arrival there will be no penalty of any kind.
» If cancelled between 60 and 8 days prior to arrival you will incur a $50 penalty.
» If cancelled between 7 and 0 days prior to arrival you will incur a $75 penalty.
Early departure

Should you check out prior to your confirmed departure date, the unused portion of your reservation will be forfeited. StarOptions are not refunded for late arrival or early departure.
Reservation validity

We retain official records of reservation transactions, including details about dates of stay and ownership usage. In the event of discrepancies, alterations, modifications or variations between this website and our official records, our official records shall control.

The Villa Resort Availability Finder is still in BETA. We will continue to make improvements over the coming months by adding new functionality that further enhances your vacation planning experience. Follow our updated features in the "What's New" section.

Last edited:

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online booking now available at mystarcentral.com!

Per a rep this morning, SVO will also announce shortly the ability to book partial week reservations at 8 months out. In fact, you are able to do that today.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. It seems that it also works for other than home resorts as well. I tried SMV and found availability and went through the reservations screen even though I don't own there.

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. It seems that it also works for other than home resorts as well. I tried SMV and found availability and went through the reservations screen even though I don't own there.

Interesting, that doesn't work for me. I can only get the reserve online button if I have an unused week at a resort that I own at. Everything else just lists the staroptions required and there is no "reserve" button.

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are clearly having issues. I can't even see the reserve button for my home resort weeks.

Interesting, that doesn't work for me. I can only get the reserve online button if I have an unused week at a resort that I own at. Everything else just lists the staroptions required and there is no "reserve" button.

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are clearly having issues. I can't even see the reserve button for my home resort weeks.

Are you sure you still have usage available for the use year that you're trying to reserve? It does a spinning wheel check of availability before showing the reserve button.

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. It's weird. I can reserve for 2015 without any problem. But if I try and book a December 2014 1 BR week (I own 2 BR lockoff), it tells me my reservation window is in April.
Are you sure you still have usage available for the use year that you're trying to reserve? It does a spinning wheel check of availability before showing the reserve button.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to be working great for me. I tried reserving for 2015 home resort and 2014 star options with no issues for the couple things I tried.

-ryan

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to be working great for me. I tried reserving for 2015 home resort and 2014 star options with no issues for the couple things I tried.

-ryan

You are able to make reservations online using staroptions (< 8 months)? Is that at a resort that you own or don't own (or both)?

Hmm. I can't seem to do that.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are able to make reservations online using staroptions (< 8 months)? Is that at a resort that you own or don't own (or both)?

Hmm. I can't seem to do that.

Check that -- you are right. I thought the banner at the top would allow me to confirm a reservation (I didn't click on it for fear of actually booking something). However, I see now it is greyed out. So it says "Open", but I can't book anything online.

-ryan

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per a rep this morning, SVO will also announce shortly the ability to book partial week reservations at 8 months out. In fact, you are able to do that today.

I'm not sure I like this -- now 7+ day reservations are competing with the 1 day and 2 day rezzies. This would seem to reduce the chance of complete weeks showing up in interval as well.

Maybe I am overthinking this.

-ryan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You don't have to be afraid of booking anything if you click on the link - it just takes you to another page and the terms that you have to agree to, before you actually book. AND - you can cancel within 24 hours with no penalty.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I didn't think you can do partial week reservations at 8 month out, online or not.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't think you can do partial week reservations at 8 month out, online or not.

When you make the rules.... you can break the rules! :rolleyes:

Remember that Staroptions, and their rules, are NOT deeded rights - we are at the mercy of Starwood when it comes to Staroptions.

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with you; I'm concerned about competing with the shorter reservations at 8 months out on the phone lines also. Moreover, I'm concerned with the shorter reservations also blocking reservations days, particularly weekends.

I'm not sure I like this -- now 7+ day reservations are competing with the 1 day and 2 day rezzies. This would seem to reduce the chance of complete weeks showing up in interval as well.

Maybe I am overthinking this.

-ryan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just had a thought: Won't we miss the wonderful "personal service" we used to get when we had to call????

:D:D:D

inlondon20

TUG Member
Reaction score
MyStarCentral 2014 Updates [merged at this point]

Was it a surprise to anyone else that, effective today, you can make any reservations you want 0-8 months? I just made a 5 night reservation for St. John 8 months out.

Also, you can now make reservations online for your home resort use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, word is trickling out. Hope you didn't "steal" the partial week 3br at WSJ in early April that I have been tracking for months now . In any event, SVO also tells me 8 month staroptions online reservations will be rolled out. Times 'a changin'.

inlondon20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, word is trickling out. Hope you didn't "steal" the partial week 3br at WSJ in early April that I have been tracking for months now . In any event, SVO also tells me 8 month staroptions online reservations will be rolled out. Times 'a changin'.

Definitely didn't grab the April week. Hopefully these changes don't make it harder to get the stuff we want.

Politico

TUG Member
Reaction score
MyStarCentral 2014 Updates

There will be some winners and losers. I bet some west coasters will cheer that they can book at 9pm the night before the window opens up and not stay up til midnight like us East Coasters.

But I truly do worry about the ability to book partial weeks eight months out. That could really tie up a lot of weeks by people who have minimal star options.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There will be some winners and losers. I bet some west coasters will cheer that they can book at 9pm the night before the window opens up and not stay up til midnight like us East Coasters.

But I truly do worry about the ability to book partial weeks eight months out. That could really tie up a lot of weeks by people who have minimal star options.

It will be interesting to see, until now you could book 8+ days on star options at 8 months out so that was leaving a lot of change on the table as it were, for example I booked 8 nights Sa-Su so that would leave a Sa checkin week now with only 6 days use left.
Those could historically be filled at 60 days now can be filled at 8 mo.

With the MSC Availiblity tool it will allow online users to book into the gaps like never before. Could be good for some of those winter ski destinations as well.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
OK - what is up? I see nothing new on MSC - what am I missing?

Never mind... I see it under beta resort finder. I am going to check at 9pm tonite for Sat Jan 3, 2015
(just to test)

Last edited: